Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Unanswerable Questions For Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Unanswerable Questions For Islam (1676 Views)

Questions For Muslim / My heart bleeds for Islam / Some Questions For Ahmadiyyas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unanswerable Questions For Islam by EkunKekere: 10:16am On Aug 28, 2019
Sahih Al-Bukhari, Book 54, Hadith 438
Reported 'Aisha:

“Al 'Harith Ibn Hisham asked the Prophet, ‘How does the God Almighty’s inspiration come to you?’

He (Muhammad) answered:

"In all these methods[b]The angel sometimes comes to me with a voice which is the likeness of the ringing of a bell[/b]and when this state withdraws from me, I remember what the angel had said, and this type of God Almighty’s inspiration is the most difficult task on me; and often the angel comes to me in the shape of a man and talks to me, and I understand and remember what he told me.”

Sahih Muslim, Book 024, Hadith 5277

Abu Huraira stated:
Allah’s Messenger (may Allah pray on him and salute him) as saying: “Angels do not accompany the travelers who have with them a dog and a bell”.

Sahih Muslim, Book 024, Hadith 5279 Abu Huraira stated Allah’s Messenger (may Allah pray on him and salute him) saying: The bell is the melodious instrument of Satan.

Questions:

1. Why did Muhammad say that the angel came to him with sound of a bell? Didn't he say that bells are instruments of Satan?

2. Of all the Muslim prophets, why was it only Muhammad that heard sounds of ringing bells?

1 Like

Re: Unanswerable Questions For Islam by AbdulHakeem44(m): 11:58am On Aug 28, 2019
To be honest with you, I can say from the manner which u have asked this question that you are not a seeker of truth, you only want to mock Islam, be that as it may, we shall answer you in shaa Allah

1. Pls read what you copied an pasted and take a careful look at hour question again, he (prophet Muhammad) said angel comes to him with a sound which is the like the likeness of a bell. That is the inspired or revealed words rings in my ear just like the bell rings. This is called simile in figure of speech. He didn't say the angel came with a bell. You got it wrong because u were in haste to find fault and not seeking the truth

2. There you go again, he didn't say he heard the sound of a ringing bell, the angel came down with words and their voice to him is like the sound of a ringing bell, that is resonance which could mean d sound keeps repeating in my ears, simple English. Prophet Muhammad wasn't the only prophet to receive revelation, other prophets did like prophet Musa (Moses) when he received the taorah (10 commandments), he was d only one there, no witness and yet people believed him cos they already believed he is a true prophet, same is applicable to prophet Muhammad. As simple as that.

My advice to the poster: Do not rush to find fault, when you read something, try to digest it first by understanding the wordings before approaching those who knows or else you will look dumb, because I see no reason for you not to understand the first question u asked when what u posted has answered d question already.
Re: Unanswerable Questions For Islam by EkunKekere: 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2019
What other instrument makes a noise like a bell? And of all the musical instruments in the world, why would the angel choose a sound which is identical with that of a bell?

Secondly, Moses is a Jewish prophet. There was no such thing as Islam before the advent of Muhammad. And there is no record of Moses hearing bells whenever God spoke to him.

AbdulHakeem44:
To be honest with you, I can say from the manner which u have asked this question that you are not a seeker of truth, you only want to mock Islam, be that as it may, we shall answer you in shaa Allah

1. Pls read what you copied an pasted and take a careful look at hour question again, he (prophet Muhammad) said angel comes to him with a sound which is the like the likeness of a bell. That is the inspired or revealed words rings in my ear just like the bell rings. This is called simile in figure of speech. He didn't say the angel came with a bell. You got it wrong because u were in haste to find fault and not seeking the truth

2. There you go again, he didn't say he heard the sound of a ringing bell, the angel came down with words and their voice to him is like the sound of a ringing bell, that is resonance which could mean d sound keeps repeating in my ears, simple English. Prophet Muhammad wasn't the only prophet to receive revelation, other prophets did like prophet Musa (Moses) when he received the taorah (10 commandments), he was d only one there, no witness and yet people believed him cos they already believed he is a true prophet, same is applicable to prophet Muhammad. As simple as that.

My advice to the poster: Do not rush to find fault, when you read something, try to digest it first by understanding the wordings before approaching those who knows or else you will look dumb, because I see no reason for you not to understand the first question u asked when what u posted has answered d question already.
Re: Unanswerable Questions For Islam by AbdulHakeem44(m): 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2019
EkunKekere:
What other instrument makes a noise like a bell? And of all the musical instruments in the world, why would the angel choose a sound which is identical with that of a bell?

Secondly, Moses is a Jewish prophet. There was no such thing as Islam before the advent of Muhammad. And there is no record of Moses hearing bells whenever God spoke to him.

Lol, your case is confirmed now.
Re: Unanswerable Questions For Islam by EkunKekere: 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2019
If someone tells me that smoking cigarettes is satanic, and yet I keep smelling tobacco on his breath, that is not suspicious abi?

Lol, we all know whose case is confirmed.

AbdulHakeem44:

Lol, your case is confirmed now.

1 Like

Re: Unanswerable Questions For Islam by AbdulHakeem44(m): 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2019
EkunKekere:

If someone tells me that smoking cigarettes is satanic, and yet I keep smelling tobacco on his breath, that is not suspicious abi?

Lol, we all know whose case is confirmed.

Lol, seems your problem is English language, you can take it to any English teacher to help u break it down well. I have told u the word likeness in that statement and what it means, obviously u don't understand. Likeness don't mean d exact thing, you are interpreting the wordings in the hadith u quoted to be exact sound of a bell, it reads the likeness of a bell which I tried to explain to u in my second answer in the first response that it means resonance, repeating itself.

Or are u imagining an angel came and started making bell sound in someone's ear? Doesn't DAT sound ridiculous to u,he said he came with a voice which is the like the likeness of a bell meaning ringing repeatedly in my ears.

I just hope u don't expose ur dumbness on this platform
Re: Unanswerable Questions For Islam by EkunKekere: 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2019
As stated earlier, the sheer ignorance and utter stupidity of this lot never ceases to amaze me.

No wonder they take refuge in verbal gymnastics in order to hide from the unpleasant truth grin

The unanswered question which you think you have dodged still remains.

If bells are evil, and bells make a ringing sound, why would an angel choose something that has the likeness of evil when communicating with a so called "prophet"?

I know I shouldn't have expected intelligence from the follower of this sort of man grin:

[img]https://images./2jZwW9PgR2EPKHDRwyODYQ.jpg[/img]

AbdulHakeem44:

Lol, seems your problem is English language, you can take it to any English teacher to help u break it down well. I have told u the word likeness in that statement and what it means, obviously u don't understand. Likeness don't mean d exact thing, you are interpreting the wordings in the hadith u quoted to be exact sound of a bell, it reads the likeness of a bell which I tried to explain to u in my second answer in the first response that it means resonance, repeating itself.

Or are u imagining an angel came and started making bell sound in someone's ear? Doesn't DAT sound ridiculous to u,he said he came with a voice which is the like the likeness of a bell meaning ringing repeatedly in my ears.

I just hope u don't expose ur dumbness on this platform

1 Like

Re: Unanswerable Questions For Islam by AbdulHakeem44(m): 5:50pm On Aug 28, 2019
[quote author=EkunKekere post=81697232]
As stated earlier, the sheer ignorance and utter stupidity of this lot never ceases to amaze me.

No wonder they take refuge in verbal gymnastics in order to hide from the unpleasant truth grin

The unanswered question which you think you have dodged still remains.

If bells are evil, and bells make a ringing sound, why would an angel choose something that has the likeness of evil when communicating with a so called "prophet"?

I know I shouldn't have expected intelligence from the follower of this sort of man grin: [/quoteI]

Chaiii, had I known I was answering a Dumbo, I wouldn't have wasted my precious time. So If I say to my wife, " darling, your love intoxicates me like wine or high percentage alcohol", simply because I used a similitude of alcohol which is haram in Islam now means I have chosen something evil to clarify my points ko, chaiii, I never see dis kind of stupidity before o. Does this guy know d meaning of simile, a figure of speech in English language at all? I can't believe you are taking pride in ignorance. Pls take the English to a teacher to break it down for u.

I rather follow that man who explains with similitude of something physical for proper clarification and explanation than follow a man God who was killed by his creatur.

As for me, I jet out from dis nincompoop already!!!!!
Re: Unanswerable Questions For Islam by EkunKekere: 7:14pm On Aug 28, 2019
With every attempt, you only sink deeper into the abyss of ignorance called i-SLIME.

There are fewer things in life more miserable than taking refuge in brain paralysis.

Just to humour you, a simile only works when two different things are compared with each other for dramatic effect.

[img]https://images./4Su8mWtfpvke5rgSF2Kiu.jpg[/img]

Comparing sexual desire with alcohol is not called a simile, it is called being metaphorical. You're using wine as a metaphor for sex.

So if your prophet could only find a similarity for his ringing ears experience in the ringing of a bell, what does that make him?

[quote author=AbdulHakeem44 post=81699295][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Unanswerable Questions For Islam by AbdulHakeem44(m): 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2019
EkunKekere:
With every attempt, you only sink deeper into the abyss of ignorance called i-SLIME.

There are fewer things in life more miserable than taking refuge in brain paralysis.

Just to humour you, a simile only works when two different things are compared with each other for dramatic effect.

[img]https://images./4Su8mWtfpvke5rgSF2Kiu.jpg[/img]

Comparing sexual desire with alcohol is not called a simile, it is called being metaphorical. You're using wine as a metaphor for sex.

So if your prophet could only find a similarity for his ringing ears experience in the ringing of a bell, what does that make him?

OK Mr lecturer, I humbly admit my error of mistaking a metaphor for a simile, and I am very much appreciated with the example you brought
As brave as a lion, does that mean the man can also withstand all the animals a lion withstand in the jungle? NO right, it simply means d mean is not fearful like a lion and not that he is fearless of wild animals like a lion.

I hope the understanding of that example makes u understand our major topic of discussion. The prophet used a metaphorical example (voice which has the likeness of the ringing of bell) of how he receives revelations. It is a matter of understanding the concept of the word likeness there. As simple as that.
Re: Unanswerable Questions For Islam by EkunKekere: 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2019
Good, you're finally grasping the basic concept.

Now answer this question: If your prophet was seeking to make a like for like comparison with his revelation experience, why did he pick a satanic symbol (a bell) as his example?

Let's assume I was an islamic cleric and I was asked what it feels like to experience peace as a Muslim. If I answered by saying: "It is like the peace you experience after having sex",
Would I not be ridiculed for making such a comparison?

Wouldn't people want to know why I couldn't find a a more decent comparison?

So why was it that the only object which your prophet could relate to his revelation experience is a satanic one?

AbdulHakeem44:

OK Mr lecturer, I humbly admit my error of mistaking a metaphor for a simile, and I am very much appreciated with the example you brought
As brave as a lion, does that mean the man can also withstand all the animals a lion withstand in the jungle? NO right, it simply means d mean is not fearful like a lion and not that he is fearless of wild animals like a lion.

I hope the understanding of that example makes u understand our major topic of discussion. The prophet used a metaphorical example (voice which has the likeness of the ringing of bell) of how he receives revelations. It is a matter of understanding the concept of the word likeness there. As simple as that.

1 Like

Re: Unanswerable Questions For Islam by AbdulHakeem44(m): 9:37pm On Aug 28, 2019
EkunKekere:
Good, you're finally grasping the basic concept.

Now answer this question: If your prophet was seeking to make a like for like comparison with his revelation experience, why did he pick a satanic symbol (a bell) as his example?

Let's assume I was an islamic cleric and I was asked what it feels like to experience peace as a Muslim. If I answered by saying: "It is like the peace you experience after having sex",
Would I not be ridiculed for making such a comparison?

Wouldn't people want to know why I couldn't find a a more decent comparison?

So why was it that the only object which your prophet could relate to his revelation experience is a satanic one?

Yes because peace is a relative word and has many decent words and similitude to describe it, a sound like the resonance of a ringing bell at that age and time could only be described by the ringing of a bell, if u have a better similitude which could explain to the kind of people that existed then, you may benefit us with it. Ringing of a bell is something physical and easy to relate with for easier understanding than you can use after sex as a similitude for peace. Your example is so illogical
Re: Unanswerable Questions For Islam by EkunKekere: 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2019
You just keep playing dodge ball with this question grin

I'm not the one who should have"a better similitude", allah should be answerable for that!

Why couldn't allah find something to inspire his prophet that didn't strongly remind him of a satanic instrument?

Why couldn't he use the chirping of a bird, or the sound of beautiful melody?

Why would allah use a sound that is EXACTLY like that of something branded as satanic?

AbdulHakeem44:

Yes because peace is a relative word and has many decent words and similitude to describe it, a sound like the resonance of a ringing bell at that age and time could only be described by the ringing of a bell, if u have a better similitude which could explain to the kind of people that existed then, you may benefit us with it. Ringing of a bell is something physical and easy to relate with for easier understanding than you can use after sex as a similitude for peace. Your example is so illogical

1 Like

Re: Unanswerable Questions For Islam by AbdulHakeem44(m): 10:05pm On Aug 28, 2019
EkunKekere:
You just keep playing dodge ball with this question grin

I'm not the one who should have"a better similitude", allah should be answerable for that!

Why couldn't allah find something to inspire his prophet that didn't strongly remind him of a satanic instrument?

Why couldn't he use the chirping of a bird, or the sound of beautiful melody?

Why would allah use a sound that is EXACTLY like that of something branded as satanic?

Lol, now I know your level of knowledge, google and browse on sound resonance, perhaps you may understand better. Can u tell me an animal whose sound frequency and resonance matches with that if bell? You just sound somehow funny, so if I say, the dirtiness of this child is a likeness of dirty pig (which is haram in islam) does that make my description senseless because I used something people could relate easily but forbidden in my religion. As in, you are too dumb. How does using something physical to explain a description looks bad to u cos a particular faith don't believe in it, cos I don't know ur problem with the ringing bell sound that the prophet described. So because muslims condemns bell means we can't make an example of explanation out of it, chaiiiii. Ode ni boboyi
Re: Unanswerable Questions For Islam by EkunKekere: 11:50pm On Aug 28, 2019
I see your IQ has dropped back down to sub-cretin levels of daftness again and once more, I'm arguing with a mentally reta.rded 6 year old. grin

If you say that a child's dirtiness reminds you of a pig, wouldn't the child's parents and indeed people who know the child be angry with you? Wouldn't they be offended? If you tried telling them that you were only making a comparison, would that make them any less upset?

The only reason they'd eventually forgive you is because you're human and human beings are flawed. But why is the god of islam flawed as well?

Should the god of islam be expected to make the same sort of blunder that a human being would make?

By your own admission the god of islam excels at practicing deception on his prophet grin

AbdulHakeem44:

Lol, now I know your level of knowledge, google and browse on sound resonance, perhaps you may understand better. Can u tell me an animal whose sound frequency and resonance matches with that if bell? You just sound somehow funny, so if I say, the dirtiness of this child is a likeness of dirty pig (which is haram in islam) does that make my description senseless because I used something people could relate easily but forbidden in my religion. As in, you are too dumb. How does using something physical to explain a description looks bad to u cos a particular faith don't believe in it, cos I don't know ur problem with the ringing bell sound that the prophet described. So because muslims condemns bell means we can't make an example of explanation out of it, chaiiiii. Ode ni boboyi

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria At 48! An Islamic Solution To Its Decayness / Is Smoking Also Shun Upon By Muslims? / Ramadan Tafseer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.