Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? (5652 Views)

Which Phone Can I Buy With 40k That's Not An MTK Device / Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? / MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by aramanda14: 11:45am On Aug 28, 2019
Qualcomm snapdragon processor has been for years the “thought to be” better smartphone processor compared to the MediaTek (MTK) because it has been used with a lot of top rated phones. Although this afore mention myth was true some years back following the low AI power delivered to users who purchased phones with MTK processor, as the users experienced low graphics display, tardy or missing system updated and other complains.
Are phones built with snapdragon processors cool? Sure they are, but does that mean MediaTek processors are bad? Of course not, surprisingly the MediaTek (upgraded) and Snapdragon processors have same central processing unit cores.
And also as much as the snapdragon processors are cool and great, snapdragon processors offer less level of Artificial Intelligence for most snapdragon series compared to MediaTek Helio Series (e.g P90) which deliver more AI power as it has additional AI accelerator chip and a better face Detection Engine.
It is important to know that not all phones with large snapdragon processing unit and high clock speeds are worth the price most of them are usually outdated and have no much spec but just there to blow your mind out of the main purpose of getting a phone. Samsung and xiaomi flagship phones budget chips are prime examples of this. They offer decent CPU specs, which don’t possess quite enough ability for heavier tasks like gaming.
Considering xiaomi, Huawei and even Samsung low end phones, there are some good System on Chip(SoC) choices if you’re on a budget. However, you have to be increasingly careful which chip you pick as the price gets lower as most of them are outdated. OPPO is a phone brand that is innovative in making use of processors, they have a good SoC by integrating different chipset to achieve the best specs which are exactly what they are and offer good specifications.
In all snapdragon processors are okay but not all are as updated as the big CPU. MTK are as well okay and following the fact they can be optimized on phone system.
Most times going for processor which are updated and capable of handling large RAM, give best processing speed is necessary.
Asking me what processor in phone I will go for? I do chose MediaTek processor following their recent improvement and trusted chipset as they are going to produce what will make them outshine their competitors. So going for OPPO devices, since they seem to be one prominent brand using such processor won’t be a bad idea.

3 Likes

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by Yakade(m): 11:56am On Aug 28, 2019
You are asking if united Kingdom is better than Nigeria? Are you asking if air conditioner is better than fan?

19 Likes

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by MrYeezyB: 12:02pm On Aug 28, 2019
Naso. OP you self don fall for the trap. Both are good processors, depending on the grade you are carrying. Just because it is Snapdragon doesn't mean it is better. Shine your eyes
Yakade:
You are asking if united Kingdom is better than Nigeria? Are you asking if air conditioner is better than fan?

5 Likes

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by ZesusHVWritter(m): 12:08pm On Aug 28, 2019
The soon to be launched xiaomi redmi note 8 pro, was 100% on my todo list [pending the availability of funds for leisure spending], but as soon I got alerted it will be coming with an mtk chip, the desire for that device has ran low faster than Nigeria budget funds, from 100% - 21% and still going. Because when it comes to dev access, maintenance and usability, the snapdragon chip is at least 78% better than any mtk chip within its competitive range.

I know you are speaking from personal opinion and a marketing strategic point of view, but if you will choose an mtk chip powered device over a snapdragon device with eyes open, then you are technologically disoriented.

Mtk is still coming, I do respect their pace and grinding towards the top, but while typing this, mtk powered devices are close to crapnophone.

18 Likes

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by okolojay: 12:08pm On Aug 28, 2019
Yakade:
what's are you saying. It's like you talking about Lion and tiger and I am talking about cold water and hot water. Anyway I feel this post is saying both serves diff purpose for diff brand.
Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by Abfinest007(m): 12:12pm On Aug 28, 2019
if it were to be in the church we will be shouting ride on pastor but now is on nairaland what then do we say
Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by DevilhimseIf: 12:17pm On Aug 28, 2019
Yakade:
lol I'm using snapdragon 845 on 6gb ram my brother
the speed is zooooooommmmm

5 Likes

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by okolojay: 12:20pm On Aug 28, 2019
DevilhimseIf:
lol I'm using snapdragon 845 on 6gb ram my brother
the speed is zooooooommmmm
and the MTK Helio 90 is not? Let's not judge what we havent tried.
Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by DevilhimseIf: 12:32pm On Aug 28, 2019
okolojay:
and the MTK Helio 90 is not? Let's not judge what we havent tried.
my guy there's no way you can compare a flagship processor to a midrange processor

the only processor that can rival snapdragon head to head is Samsung exynos

Go and study both benchmark test

mtk is trying but you can only compare to snapdragon mid range processors

mind you snapdragon has both flagship and midrange processors

13 Likes

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by techboss1313: 1:50pm On Aug 28, 2019
Following the new mtk Helio upgrade there's no way you will say both processor do not achieve same output. You only judging base on the processor that have being up there. Maybe you can view the benchmark again. Between view this:
https://www.smartprix.com/bytes/mediatek-helio-p70-vs-qualcomm-660-soc-benchmark-test-which-one-is-better/

DevilhimseIf:
my guy there's no way you can compare a flagship processor to a midrange processor

the only processor that can rival snapdragon head to head is Samsung exynos

Go and study both benchmark test

mtk is trying but you can only compare to snapdragon mid range processors

mind you snapdragon has both flagship and midrange processors
Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by DesChyko: 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2019
Feed your eyeballs from the experts.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by techboss1313: 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2019
DesChyko:
Feed your eyeballs from the experts.
baba how recent is this graphic work
Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by DesChyko: 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2019
techboss1313:
baba how recent is this graphic work
About a year, give or take,
Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by techboss1313: 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2019
Link pls
DesChyko:

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by Alfred234(m): 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2019
I don't know why people don't rate Mediatek chipsets sha. I guess it's because it's cheaper than the Snapdragon but the new Xiaomi note 8 is launching with the Mediatek G90T chipset and it has been proven to be a very good chipset. It even beats the Snapdragon 730 chipset on Antutu Benchmark so i don't know why people keep hating on Mediatek.

11 Likes

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by bigboychukstar: 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2019
do you realize that tech improves or come up with new innovation every day?
DesChyko:

1 Like

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by DesChyko: 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2019
Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by DesChyko: 3:57pm On Aug 28, 2019
bigboychukstar:
do you realize that tech improves or come up with new innovation every day?

True this. Both parties are improving every day. Except you're insinuating that one has been static while the other has been rapidly rising.
It's not a thing to be ashamed of for Mediatek to be beneath Snapdragon. Qualcomm definitely hold all the aces.

2 Likes

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by bigboychukstar: 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2019
am sure xiaomi saw how wonderful the processor worked, especially the optimizing properties on OPPO devices and decided to adopt it. Its not hating it is just ignorance.
Alfred234:
I don't know why people don't rate Mediatek chipsets sha. I guess it's because it's cheaper than the Snapdragon but the new Xiaomi note 8 is launching with the Mediatek G90T chipset and it has been proven to be a very good chipset. It even beats the Snapdragon 730 chipset on Antutu Benchmark so i don't know why people keep hating on Mediatek.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by DesChyko: 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2019
Alfred234:

Note that Antutu scores are a combination of a lot of parameters. A breakdown of these parameters would reveal to you that 730 still outperforms G90T in several key areas like graphics, power consumption, e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by aramanda14: 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2019
bros na, this link had its latest post in june 2018. come on na.
DesChyko:

LINK

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by DesChyko: 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2019
aramanda14:
bros na, this link had its latest post in june 2018. come on na.

It's March 2018. And I clearly stated that here:

DesChyko:

And still, those facts are still real till date. I'm looking for a thorough comparison between 730 (not Snapdragon's most powerful chipset) and G90T (Mediatek's most powerful chipset of recent) so you'ld see.

1 Like

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by techboss1313: 4:28pm On Aug 28, 2019
Let me help you .⬇ Link : https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gizmochina.com/2019/08/28/mediatek-helio-g90t-vs-qualcomm-snapdragon-730g-gaming-chipsets-compared/%3famp
From that link it still said mediatek Helio G90T still beats snapdragon 730.
DesChyko:

It's March 2018. And I clearly stated that here:

And still, those facts are still real till date. I'm looking for a thorough comparison between 730 (not Snapdragon's most powerful chipset) and G90T (Mediatek's most powerful chipset of recent) so you'ld see.

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by DesChyko: 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2019
techboss1313:
Let me help you .⬇ Link : https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gizmochina.com/2019/08/28/mediatek-helio-g90t-vs-qualcomm-snapdragon-730g-gaming-chipsets-compared/%3famp
From that link it still said mediatek Helio G90T still beats snapdragon 730.

Very necessary to note that.
1. This is Mediatek first vs Snapdragon's second class.
2. Antutu measures overall. This second class still has the advantage in like two or three key areas.

1 Like

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by Alfred234(m): 5:20pm On Aug 28, 2019
DesChyko:

Note that Antutu scores are a combination of a lot of parameters. A breakdown of these parameters would reveal to you that 730 still outperforms G90T in several key areas like graphics, power consumption, e.t.c
I actually took my time to compare the two chipsets and the Snapdragon only beats the Mediatek in display quality and Download speed.

2 Likes

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by Alfred234(m): 5:30pm On Aug 28, 2019
Also note that the Mediatek G90T is specially designed for gaming so it may be lacking in some areas.

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by Blazebond(m): 6:01pm On Aug 28, 2019
See as dem dey argue chip as if nigeria dey produce anyone,i laugh at nigerian oversabi youths sha,make una nor go get life to live.

5 Likes

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by DesChyko: 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2019
Alfred234:

I actually took my time to compare the two chipsets and the Snapdragon only beats the Mediatek in display quality and Download speed.
Yup. Add Battery usage and Camera support too.
To crown it all, you're probably comparing the best Mediatek chipset to a mid-range Snapdragon chipset. There are more powerful (and more expensive) Qualcomm SoCs

And this S730 'G' is also a Gaming chipset.
Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by pesty100(m): 7:35pm On Aug 28, 2019
The comparison i know is that mediatek is crap and snapdragon is not, i should know cause i have used phones spotting both chipset

2 Likes

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by olujosh301(m): 8:24pm On Aug 28, 2019
Alfred234:

The benchmark was run on the latest antutu version which is giving high marks
And it's G90 vs sd730
And. G90T vs Sd730g

1 Like

Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by Alfred234(m): 8:55pm On Aug 28, 2019
DesChyko:

Yup. Add Battery usage and Camera support too.
To crown it all, you're probably comparing the best Mediatek chipset to a mid-range Snapdragon chipset. There are more powerful (and more expensive) Qualcomm SoCs

And this S730 'G' is also a Gaming chipset.
We can't conclude on the battery usage yet until phones that uses the chipset are launched. Besides the Xiaomi Note 8 will launch with the MTK Helio G90T and the Note 8 pro will launch with the Snapdragon 730G so there'll be room for a better comparison.
Re: Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK? by horlahwaley(m): 10:41pm On Aug 28, 2019
If it is not snapdragon soc then it is a no no no.
Cant use a chip without devs support.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tecno Total Domination Of Computer Village Ikeja ( Photos ) / Can A Lost Or Stolen Phone Be Tracked While Switched Off / My Internet On My Samsung Galaxy S2 Doesn't Work While Im On The Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.