Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,133 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

A Man Called John. A Story By Johnson Olaolu - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Man Called John. A Story By Johnson Olaolu (413 Views)

OPERATION CROCODILE SMILE IV: I Came, I Saw And I Conquer By Johnson / Somewhere in Nigeria: The hidden secret by ¤¤¤¤¤¤ Johnson. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Man Called John. A Story By Johnson Olaolu by kastroud(m): 11:48am On Aug 28, 2019
This would be my first nairaland story, in reality this would be my first story ever. It would be nice to note though that while a story I see this more like a collection of my thoughts on a lot of issues. For this reason I would love to hear readers input as regards issues raised up. Have a nice read...
Re: A Man Called John. A Story By Johnson Olaolu by kastroud(m): 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2019
CHAPTER 1

When in the course of human events, certain people of a peculiar sect whose innate characteristics lead them to search through the pages of papers whose titles usually follow the format of “History of __”, they are sometimes to privileged to read tales of a certain club of men who though simple in their thinking where able to leave deep footmarks in the sands of their nation turning it away from the wide path of destruction to the narrow path of salvation. I have in my little as a member of the aforementioned peculiar sect been able to open the pages of books like “History of America” and “History of South Africa” and read of such men like Abraham Lincoln and Nelson Mandela, I hope to be a member of this club someday, but for now I content myself with having the honour of writing about a man whose main aim in life was to be a member of this prestigious club.

Olufela “John” Oladejo was not an ordinary man, this integral fact was not due to the fact that was intelligent, although various people myself included had brought it to his knowledge that he was by far one of the most intelligent person they had met, he was however known to swiftly dismiss such remarks, this dismissal was not due to any iota of humility on his part, in-fact one of his greatest faults (a cause of many of our quarrels) was that John was a proud person. Rather this was as a result of the meagre success he had in his academic pursuits as a youth, hence his favourite quote at times like this was “how can a man be called intelligent when there is no sign of it”. This I could attest to as one of his oldest friends, we had known each other since our time in primary school, his results where in a simple sentence “nothing to write home about” such that even after a “great” session in school John’s result where average and on a “normal” session where most times found to be in the bottom pile of the results in his grade. Now that I look back at it; this failure wasn’t due to the fact that john wasn’t intelligent, or lazy like many people postulated. This I believe was due to the fact that he was greatly disinterested in his academic pursuits, I can’t recount the number of times he escaped from the boarding school which we both went to for days missing a lot of lectures and sometimes tests a secret place (which he has till date refused to tell me in spite of my various pleadings at that time and even now) given this disinterest it is a great testament to his intelligence that he was able to remain in school even continuing into higher levels.

(1) (Reply)

This Is Why I Keep Writing / Download Free Preview Of Romance E-books / Get Thousands Of Private Label Rights Articles On Any Niche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.