Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,148 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

This Is Why I Keep Writing - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / This Is Why I Keep Writing (420 Views)

Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: “Why I Wear Nigerian Designers" / Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is Why I Keep Writing by longlong: 8:06am On Aug 30, 2019
its being five years since I came down here ,and i honestly still don't know what am doing here . they say it's okey to be lost , but i have being lost for so long , the road now feels like home .
i wake , eat , go to class , read , sleep ; then repeat the whole routine the next day. my life is more of a cliché, trapped in a little box .
school make's me feel dumb, but when i write a feel different. with just a pen i could create a whole new world , go back in time , then to the future , express myself in my own words. it's hard to not feel lonely in a world always faced down on a screen. A thousand friends online but no one you really feel safe to talk to; scrolling and stalking each other all day waiting for moments to type " happy birthday or R.I.P.
writing brings me out of all that . it makes me feel like i have a friend and a true connection with that person at the end of my note pad (cause this is where i pour out all emotions).
to escape being tagged boring & introverted , i occasionally jump on trends ,try to go out more , sometimes get so wasted i can't remember the night before , just to check the cool box . But if am honest with you that shit still makes no difference, cause i still see that look in their eyes .the look that says"he's not worth it ","he has nothing upstairs". i can't blame them though. society has set a standard where you judge intellect by academic grade ; which is not in my favour. but writing. it brings me out of that box . writing feels more like my Therapy . it gives some an insight to who i really am , it makes you see what you missed at first glance .
my craft may be getting out of date , it might not be that popular but it has the healing power i need . so am just going to keep on writing
Re: This Is Why I Keep Writing by Nobody: 4:51am On Oct 01, 2019
longlong:
its being five years since I came down here ,and i honestly still don't know what am doing here . they say it's okey to be lost , but i have being lost for so long , the road now feels like home .
i wake , eat , go to class , read , sleep ; then repeat the whole routine the next day. my life is more of a cliché, trapped in a little box .
school make's me feel dumb, but when i write a feel different. with just a pen i could create a whole new world , go back in time , then to the future , express myself in my own words. it's hard to not feel lonely in a world always faced down on a screen. A thousand friends online but no one you really feel safe to talk to; scrolling and stalking each other all day waiting for moments to type " happy birthday or R.I.P.
writing brings me out of all that . it makes me feel like i have a friend and a true connection with that person at the end of my note pad (cause this is where i pour out all emotions).
to escape being tagged boring & introverted , i occasionally jump on trends ,try to go out more , sometimes get so wasted i can't remember the night before , just to check the cool box . But if am honest with you that shit still makes no difference, cause i still see that look in their eyes .the look that says"he's not worth it ","he has nothing upstairs". i can't blame them though. society has set a standard where you judge intellect by academic grade ; which is not in my favour. but writing. it brings me out of that box . writing feels more like my Therapy . it gives some an insight to who i really am , it makes you see what you missed at first glance .
my craft may be getting out of date , it might not be that popular but it has the healing power i need . so am just going to keep on writing
You are afraid of people's opinion
Re: This Is Why I Keep Writing by longlong: 7:57am On Oct 01, 2019
sedutrice:

You are afraid of people's opinion
How ?

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why The Crab Has No Head. / Looking For Bloggers With Working Blogs In Any Niche / Post Your Book Idea Here, Any Fantasies, Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.