Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,694 members, 7,809,621 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

The Man With The World’s Largest Unopened Beer Bottle Collection. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Man With The World’s Largest Unopened Beer Bottle Collection. (1772 Views)

Carlsberg Unveils ‘World’s First’ Paper Beer Bottle / Guest Seen Draining Beer Completely From Its Bottle, Today, / The Shape Of The New 50cl 7up Bottle: What Do You Think About It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Man With The World’s Largest Unopened Beer Bottle Collection. by Kaydeexotic(m): 11:56am On Aug 28, 2019
Leif Sonne likes beer bottles. The engineer from a small town called Svendborg in Denmark has been collecting unopened bottles of beer since 1968. Over the past 46 years he has amassed a collection of over 22,000. This achievement earned him a place in the Guinness Book of Records. Leif can now boast the largest unopened beer bottle collection in the world.

This record should not be confused with the record achieved by Ron Werner from the USA. Many more people have heard about Ron as he owns the largest beer bottle collection, (many of which are empty).

This makes all the difference. Although some of the beer will be completely undrinkable now, each of leif’s bottles contains the original liquid that left the brewery. And in our mind that is a far better type of collection.

It all began with Leif collecting the easy to obtain, local European varieties of beer bottle. This of course expanded to include beers from all over the world.

By the 1990s the collection had grown too large to be accommodated within his home.

During this time, Leif started to obtain a name for himself due to his collection. Danish mega brewery Carlsberg approached him with an offer to house his beer within their museum in Copenhagen.

(A fitting turn of events as many of Sonne’s early beer bottle acquisitions came from Carlsberg). In 1993 the collection was housed there, where it continued to expand under Leif’s guidance.

Source: www.sobify.com/the-man-with-the-worlds-largest-unopened-beer-bottle-collection/

Cc lalasticlala Dominique mynd44 missyB3 tjskii

Re: The Man With The World’s Largest Unopened Beer Bottle Collection. by Kaydeexotic(m): 11:58am On Aug 28, 2019
By 2007, the collection had grown to more than 22,000 different bottles, and was certified by Guinness World Records to be the largest collection of bottled beer in the world.

Re: The Man With The World’s Largest Unopened Beer Bottle Collection. by SpyAC(m): 12:03pm On Aug 28, 2019
Welcome to AcVentures where ur power is assured 24/7, we sales/ lease powerful lister with durability, a trial will convince u, call ur offices now for ur engagement.
Re: The Man With The World’s Largest Unopened Beer Bottle Collection. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 28, 2019
The collection is not complete until there is Gulder bottle there.
Re: The Man With The World’s Largest Unopened Beer Bottle Collection. by Kaydeexotic(m): 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2019
PIPnator10:
The collection is not complete until there is Gulder bottle there.

cheesy cheesy how sure are you that there's no bottle of Gulder there...
Uncles soberdrunk gazzuzz heavenlybang nurey offpoint brunofarad brunclezuma come and give us your opinion o grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Man With The World’s Largest Unopened Beer Bottle Collection. by Offpoint: 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2019
Kaydeexotic:

Uncles soberdrunk gazzuzz heavenlybang nurey offpoint brunofarad brunclezuma come and give us your opinion o grin grin
Nothing to say, I just want him to make me his beer keeper for just a month and see 8 wonders of the world. I'll also break a record, I don't know what record it is... but I'll definitely break a record.

2 Likes

Re: The Man With The World’s Largest Unopened Beer Bottle Collection. by Kaydeexotic(m): 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2019
Offpoint:

Nothing to say, I just want him to make me his beer keeper for just a month and see 8 wonders of the world. I'll also break a record, I don't know what record it is... but I'll definitely break a record.

Re: The Man With The World’s Largest Unopened Beer Bottle Collection. by judgementyard(m): 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2019
Hero dey there? grin

1 Like

Re: The Man With The World’s Largest Unopened Beer Bottle Collection. by BruncleZuma: 3:48pm On Aug 28, 2019
Kaydeexotic:

I need to introduce this guy to my neighbour.

1 Like

Re: The Man With The World’s Largest Unopened Beer Bottle Collection. by Kaydeexotic(m): 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2019
judgementyard:
Hero dey there? grin

Lol you fit check am na grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Man With The World’s Largest Unopened Beer Bottle Collection. by Kaydeexotic(m): 4:45pm On Aug 28, 2019
BruncleZuma:

I need to introduce this guy to my neighbour.

You sure say your neighbor no go finish the collection... grin grin
Re: The Man With The World’s Largest Unopened Beer Bottle Collection. by BruncleZuma: 5:18pm On Aug 28, 2019
Kaydeexotic:

You sure say your neighbor no go finish the collection... grin grin

My neighbour nah beer liquid collector... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Man With The World’s Largest Unopened Beer Bottle Collection. by Kaydeexotic(m): 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2019
BruncleZuma:

My neighbour nah beer liquid collector... grin grin grin grin

That one sef dey
Re: The Man With The World’s Largest Unopened Beer Bottle Collection. by PqsMike: 1:30am On Nov 18, 2019
Pierced

If you're online....come over...we need to discuss
Re: The Man With The World’s Largest Unopened Beer Bottle Collection. by Kaydeexotic(m): 3:34am On Nov 18, 2019
PqsMike:
Pierced

If you're online....come over...we need to discuss

Loool you wan buy the entire collection? cheesy grin grin

(1) (Reply)

I Tried Eating At Every Rooftop Restaurant In Lagos So You Don't Have To! / Made In Nigeria Food Dehydrators From Exinnov / Tried Burger King In Nigeria. Impressed. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.