Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) (14706 Views)

Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds Today. See List Of Blocked Roads. / Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Ikorodu Water Terminal Begins / Lagos State Begins Test Run Of Lagos Ferry Boats - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by TheAutoReporter: 2:08pm On Aug 28, 2019
Just as Lagos, Ogun State is putting its house in order by making sure its drainage is free from dirt and blockages from the drainage. The Ogun State Public Works Agency team have begun the desilting of the heavily blocked drain and culverts at Opic-Iwe Iroyin axis in Oke-Ilewo, Abeokuta. Palliative work has also been done on the road to ensure a free flow of traffic as well.

It will be recalled that the state government has mandated the team to ensure that the drainages, roads are free from floods.

These are pictures from the desilting of the drainages in Oke-Ilewo, Abeokuta.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-tI9FFTmTxKQ/XWZ4b2DJCzI/AAAAAAAAfGo/4TkGNVHc94kwTRB2RsorBfsuCzXyk2qpwCLcBGAs/s1600/og.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-i8VKcTBipL0/XWZ4b98PjnI/AAAAAAAAfGs/JS84LXgjYo0tgeGDX3S-tNPf5nxw5EHOwCLcBGAs/s1600/og2.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-UtE-u3bP07o/XWZ4b8C_uUI/AAAAAAAAfGw/tWbFCprvufgR8mtYTUN-piQ2CU5WBOcxwCLcBGAs/s1600/og3.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-tI9FFTmTxKQ/XWZ4b2DJCzI/AAAAAAAAfGo/4TkGNVHc94kwTRB2RsorBfsuCzXyk2qpwCLcBGAs/s1600/og.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/08/ogun-state-begins-desilting-of-blocked.html
Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by TheAutoReporter: 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2019
Nice one, please move around the state...

See more of the photos below...

https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/08/ogun-state-begins-desilting-of-blocked.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by Chidexter(m): 2:17pm On Aug 28, 2019
And there comes water*surface runoff carrying silt to undo their work two days later

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by Superted01(m): 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2019
good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by trendymarseey(f): 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2019
good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by Citytrend: 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2019
shocked shocked shocked
I sorry for my country. A country that will book a slot for newspaper Advertisement for the public duties they were assigned to take care of

Eye service in every corner. Yet nothing works in my Country
Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsApp

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2019
Across the state Abeokuta

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by Awesomefred32(m): 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2019
shocked
alright we are watching
is only in Nigeria u will Find Road on a Pot holes not pot holes on the road

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by Designer123: 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2019
Nice development.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by Six6clien(m): 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2019
its really needed abeg, flooding is a serious menance

get your own website/blog for 9k only, whaazapp - 070630-84171

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by GeoAfrikana(m): 4:42pm On Aug 28, 2019
Ogun state? This is just a section of Abeokuta na. Infact, it's just a section of OPIC roundabout. At least I can see OPIC building in the picture.

Anyways I want to believe that this picture is only a part of the project. Else the area in the picture doesn't really have drainage problems. The real areas that need drainage solution are not in the picture.

I'm only saying this because the headline doesn't represent the content. Otherwise, kudos to the government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by PureGoldh(m): 4:42pm On Aug 28, 2019
Nice move against Flood(ing) but more workers should be employed in order to facilitate a smooth running of the project.

Do you need Pure Original honey?

Call or whatsapp me on 081 0166 6771

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by passyhansome(m): 4:46pm On Aug 28, 2019
We are not serious in this country, how can only three people clear the whole state gutter grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by baratech: 4:47pm On Aug 28, 2019
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by Onyi90(m): 4:47pm On Aug 28, 2019
Something that will reblock before the clearing exercise self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by mu2sa2: 4:47pm On Aug 28, 2019
Ok. But when will the Pdp governor in Oyo State begin clearing the eyesore waste on the median all along the stretch of the Lagos- Ibadan road passing through the dirty yoruba city of Ibadan? Afenifere,Obasanjo, Ganiu Adams, ooni, Alaafin and others must hear this. Every single yoruba person should be ashamed of how dirty the largest city in the heart of oduduwa land is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by DesChyko: 4:48pm On Aug 28, 2019
Lol.. How much was budgeted for this that the rain will wash back into the gutters now ehn?
If maybe there is a nearby heavy duty vehicle carting away the debris now, eh hen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by lonlytroy(m): 4:49pm On Aug 28, 2019
clap for ya sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by JubrinElSudan: 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2019
Dem no need SA on drainage to do that. Kudos grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by chukwuibuipob: 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2019
sad sad sad sad lasgidi own nor bi here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by FIRDAUS3(m): 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2019
Money don waka......
Nothing do you sa grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by DesChyko: 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2019
passyhansome:
We are not serious in this country, how can only three people clear the whole state gutter grin grin grin grin

This is just the beginning.
As time goes on, we will see more adverts on social media in various local government until 1% of the budgeted funds for this has been used.
Only then will they stop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by nextstep(m): 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2019
I really like this practice of removing sand from drainage, leaving it right next to the drainage so it will fall back in at first rain. Then next year we remove the same sand from the same drainage... endless employment.

It's always a wonderful idea. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by lenghtinny(m): 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
A portion of oke ilewo na across the state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by sylve11: 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
all these ones na wash. the commissioner of environment go soon tire. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by Nickshrapnel: 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
Most drainages in Abeokuta are dirt free, why not come to Sango-otta where they are clogged with rubbish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by hisexcellency34: 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2019
And so what?
Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by Otuegbe: 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2019
I think Igbokwe should go for his IT there .We don't want to see any blocked drainage in Lagos
Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 28, 2019
May we never celebrate failure

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by passyhansome(m): 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2019
DesChyko:

This is just the beginning.
As time goes on, we will see more adverts on social media in various local government until 1% of the budgeted funds for this has been used.
Only then will they stop.

This is sickening when has it gotten to this
Re: Ogun State Begins Clearing Of Blocked Drainages Across The State (Photos) by helinues: 5:09pm On Aug 28, 2019
All the gutters around SS, Opics are mortuary standard perfume

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares / Nigeria Air: New National Carrier To Take Off First Quarter 2022 – Hadi Sirika / Ecuador.any Good News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.