Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Why Are Used Honda EOD Sold For Cheap Price? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are Used Honda EOD Sold For Cheap Price? (5056 Views)

My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion / Princess Diana's Armored 1987 Rolls-royce Silver Spur Sold For 16.2million Naira / Michael Schumacher's Ferrari F2001 Sold For N2.8 Billion (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Used Honda EOD Sold For Cheap Price? by temmym4(m): 8:16am On Sep 01, 2019
Controlv:

Your friend must be using fake ball joints.

Ive been using mine for more than 5 years. All i do is to lubricate the joints at every service, usually 7 to 8 months interval.

I am so attached to that car that i find it difficult to dispose even after i acquired evil spirit.

Forgive me bro, but isn't this what most accord users say to comfort themselves of the leg pull?

Correct me if am wrong but are Accords the only vehicle with fake suspension parts flooding the country?

Just face facts and stop judging what is not, it's a defect on accord at a particular year range and it will pull regardless of how safe you drive depending on the condition of the road you usually drive.

If yours never pulled, then you hav taken 100 percent precaution and the road you ply has helped too.

You lubricate the joint at every service, 7 to 8 months interval? From your messages above, you dont sound like someone who will service a car almost once in a calendar year. I dont believe your joint checking tales bro. No offence.

All that bn said, accord is a wonderful car. Driving experience, i will pick the ride over a toyota brand of the same year but the headache is the leg pull/gear issue (The ones at the year range)

No sunday has ever passed by without me seeing one accord that has torn leg on the main road, it's worse during the weekdays since it causes a lot of hold up.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Used Honda EOD Sold For Cheap Price? by temmym4(m): 8:28am On Sep 01, 2019
Ismaxtr3:
What if I go ahead and purchase a Nissan Altima year 2002 - 2005, Is the car okay too? Its quite cheaper compared to the Honda EOD but I don't know if its reliable

Oh my! Bro stick with the EOD, you will be ok, trust me.

A defect in suspension is easily managed compared to the one that gets sick for no reason, electrical and transmission issues are very easy way to die emotionally.

Regular checkup with an EOD/DC you should be ok.
Even if it pulls, na that particular moment you go frown, in a matter of minutes you are ok.. You wont think about it for several months smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Are Used Honda EOD Sold For Cheap Price? by Controlv: 10:51am On Sep 01, 2019
temmym4:

Forgive me bro, but isn't this what most accord users say to comfort themselves of the leg pull?

Correct me if am wrong but are Accords the only vehicle with fake suspension parts flooding the country?

Just face facts and stop judging what is not, it's a defect on accord at a particular year range and it will pull regardless of how safe you drive depending on the condition of the road you usually drive.

If yours never pulled, then you hav taken 100 percent precaution and the road you ply has helped too.

You lubricate the joint at every service, 7 to 8 months interval? From your messages above, you dont sound like someone who will service a car almost once in a calendar year. I dont believe your joint checking tales bro. No offence.

All that bn said, accord is a wonderful car. Driving experience, i will pick the ride over a toyota brand of the same year but the headache is the leg pull/gear issue (The ones at the year range)

No sunday has ever passed by without me seeing one accord that has torn leg on the main road, it's worse during the weekdays since it causes a lot of hold up.

No one is disputing the fact that leg pull is a design defect in o4 accord, but I am saying it again that the leg will never pull if necessary precautions are taken. Mine is more than 5 years, with at least 2 inter state trip per month and the car has never stopped on the road for once.

As for OCI, please use Mobil 1 on your car and say goodbye to frequent oil changes. I stock engine oil and filters that will last me at least 2 years (dru23 can attest to this cos i buy from him).

The fact is car maintenance is not cheap and we should stop blaming manufacturers for our issues after using substandard parts.

If you still doubt that i drive this accord, pls refer to this thread, it will interest you to know that the leg still refused to pull after it sent a corolla to its early grave:

https://www.nairaland.com/4339448/true-story-insurance/1#77323589

1 Like

Re: Why Are Used Honda EOD Sold For Cheap Price? by Avedonn: 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2019
Controlv:

No one is disputing the fact that leg pull is a design defect in o4 accord, but I am saying it again that the leg will never pull if necessary precautions are taken. Mine is more than 5 years, with at least 2 inter state trip per month and the car has never stopped on the road for once.

As for OCI, please use Mobil 1 on your car and say goodbye to frequent oil changes. I stock engine oil and filters that will last me at least 2 years (dru23 can attest to this cos i buy from him).

The fact is car maintenance is not cheap and we should stop blaming manufacturers for our issues after using substandard parts.

If you still doubt that i drive this accord, pls refer to this thread, it will interest you to know that the leg still refused to pull after it sent a corolla to its early grave:

https://www.nairaland.com/4339448/true-story-insurance/1#77323589

Well said. But I've two questions

1. Please how much do you buy Mobile 1 oil and what quantity is required during oil change.

1. What type of transmission fluid do you use for your car and how much.
Re: Why Are Used Honda EOD Sold For Cheap Price? by Controlv: 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2019
Avedonn:

1. Please how much do you buy Mobile 1 oil and what quantity is required during oil change.

Mobil 1 is 17k for 5 quartz, 8k kilometers OCI. Mobil 1 oil filter is 8k, fram oil filter is 3k.

I use dw1 for my transmission, i buy from luvinghubby @4k per quartz. I drain and refill with 4 quartz every 2 years (i think honda recommends 50k miles)
Re: Why Are Used Honda EOD Sold For Cheap Price? by Avedonn: 8:48pm On Sep 01, 2019
Controlv:

Mobil 1 is 17k for 5 quartz, 8k kilometers OCI. Mobil 1 oil filter is 8k, fram oil filter is 3k.

I use dw1 for my transmission, i buy from luvinghubby @4k per quartz. I drain and refill with 4 quartz every 2 years (i think honda recommends 50k miles)

So the complete Mobile 1 Oil change is about 28k
Re: Why Are Used Honda EOD Sold For Cheap Price? by Controlv: 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2019
Avedonn:

So the complete Mobile 1 Oil change is about 28k

Nope!

25k if you're using m1 oil and m1 filter

20k for m1 oil and fram filter.
Re: Why Are Used Honda EOD Sold For Cheap Price? by Avedonn: 12:17am On Sep 02, 2019
Controlv:

Nope!
25k if you're using m1 oil and m1 filter
20k for m1 oil and fram filter.
Oh OK!
Thanks.
Re: Why Are Used Honda EOD Sold For Cheap Price? by dru23(m): 1:36am On Sep 02, 2019
Avedonn:

I do sell USA Mobil 1 extended performance at a discount for 17k ...but also I will be having USA Castrol Fully synthetic at a discount for 13500k which will be 5w30 and I sell oil filters too.. Please stay tune this week

1 Like

Re: Why Are Used Honda EOD Sold For Cheap Price? by automaniac69: 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2019
I don't believe that a good car can be too cheap. Different thoughts come to my mind starting from that the car is stolen and up to the idea that the car was carefully prepared for sale with lots of drawbacks camouflaged. So if my wish to buy this car is stronger than my fears, I just buy insurance www.insurance.us so that if anything happens, I won't have to pay for any damages.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Mitsubishi Space Wagon A Good Car? / KTAG Master 14P600KT06 Cable Pin Out / 2005 Lexus ES330 Or 2008/09 Toyota Camry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.