Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

A Database Of Postal Code Of Towns In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Database Of Postal Code Of Towns In Nigeria (2480 Views)

I Need Steps To Creating A Database Using Wampserver / Please What Is The Postal Code Or Zip For Nigeria (kaduna State) / Which Postal Code Did You Use For Lagos With Google Adsense Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Database Of Postal Code Of Towns In Nigeria by gozzilla(m): 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2010
Does anyone have an idea where i can get a database of postal code for every town in Nigeria.
Re: A Database Of Postal Code Of Towns In Nigeria by Youngichou(m): 7:34am On Oct 26, 2010
Federal Ministry Of Database Abuja.
You ask as if you dont know your country.
Well i think you should just go on and create yours. It does in take time just create some Tables and insert those Values. 36values
Re: A Database Of Postal Code Of Towns In Nigeria by Cactus(m): 8:32am On Oct 26, 2010
Is this what you need?
http://www.nigeriapostcodes.com/views/

You can use a scraping tool to extract. Have to loop through the dropdown menus. I think you should be able to figure it out. I have thought about extracting and placing the points on google maps. But dont have gps coordinates.
Re: A Database Of Postal Code Of Towns In Nigeria by yawatide(f): 9:40am On Oct 26, 2010
I think we should back up for a sec and ask a more important question: Does NIPOST still exist, technically?
Re: A Database Of Postal Code Of Towns In Nigeria by Youngichou(m): 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2010
@YAWA ti de
Nipost is Dead and gone
Re: A Database Of Postal Code Of Towns In Nigeria by yawatide(f): 3:17pm On Oct 26, 2010
Which is why I said, we need to back up and ask the right questions.

Okay, so we have postal codes. What are they used for, if according to you, NIPOST is "dead and gone"? Or are you implying that another wasteful govt organization is in charge of our postal services?
Re: A Database Of Postal Code Of Towns In Nigeria by jjjkkkooo: 5:20pm On Oct 26, 2010
check enigeria.com.ng. it used to be there.
Re: A Database Of Postal Code Of Towns In Nigeria by Youngichou(m): 7:53am On Oct 27, 2010
@YAWA TIDE
We dont have postal service my sister. There is nothing like that in this country except those couriers services like DHL and others but they are also useless because now they are trying to base their work on international doings.
Re: A Database Of Postal Code Of Towns In Nigeria by gozzilla(m): 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2010
Thanks people for the answer.
I found a good one on google fusion table. The only problem is that the data is only complete (up to date) for lagos.

Cactus:

Is this what you need?
http://www.nigeriapostcodes.com/views/

You can use a scraping tool to extract. Have to loop through the dropdown menus. I think you should be able to figure it out. I have thought about extracting and placing the points on google maps. But dont have gps coordinates.
Sure you bet it is but I have not got a "decent" scraping tool. Can someone "dash" me one.

Youngichou:

Federal Ministry Of Database Abuja.
You ask as if you dont know your country.
Well i think you should just go on and create yours. It does in take time just create some Tables and insert those Values. 36values
Hmmm, Not really. You need a pretty large table. Remember the data covers all street in Nigeria.

yawa-ti-de:

I think we should back up for a sec and ask a more important question: Does NIPOST still exist, technically?
They still do a good job of sending internation parcel at a pretty cheap price. The act of posting a letter may be lost but there is a whole opportunity for sending goods.
Re: A Database Of Postal Code Of Towns In Nigeria by yawatide(f): 5:53pm On Nov 10, 2010
They still do a good job of sending internation parcel at a pretty cheap price.

That's good and they are to be commended if true though I will stick with UPS and FEDEX (red star) personally cool

(1) (Reply)

Javascript LRC Parser / Web Design Jobs In Nigeria / Top 10 Hosting Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.