Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,536 members, 7,830,598 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Love Or Understanding - Which Comes First? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Love Or Understanding - Which Comes First? (1072 Views)

Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character / Picture: Is This Love Or Madness? Men What Do You Call This! / My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Or Understanding - Which Comes First? by Boboribo: 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2010
It has just occured to me that in a relationship understanding the person should come first before loving the person. I feel if you love first it wont aid you to understand the person but if you understand the person first you will be able to know whether to even fall in love at all. I know there is something called love at first sight but shouldn't we try and and patient enough to understand the person first?
Re: Love Or Understanding - Which Comes First? by Dyt(f): 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2010
u v said it all
Re: Love Or Understanding - Which Comes First? by Taymi: 6:34pm On Oct 25, 2010
A relationship can succeed wen u understand each other even wen the love isnt so much, When there is love and there is no or less understanding,then such relationship is heading to the rock to be destroyed. My mum will always say she can live with a mad person,all she need to do is to neglect and ignore when the madness arises {that is understanding the person you are with}.
Re: Love Or Understanding - Which Comes First? by Ikedonn(m): 12:32pm On Oct 26, 2010
Understanding grin
Re: Love Or Understanding - Which Comes First? by leegrace: 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2010
Understanding, because if you can understand someone then love comes automatically
Re: Love Or Understanding - Which Comes First? by diyobdw(f): 10:20pm On Oct 28, 2010
in a relationship both r key but i still believe that if u dont love someone try'g to understand them is much work. Being openminded is not that easy. So may maybe u need to like them abit at least , Except we are talking about a cowork or neighbour here?!
Re: Love Or Understanding - Which Comes First? by mediatrix8(f): 8:21am On Oct 29, 2010
Love, It's the key of everything,understanding,care,and responsibility, without Love everything will turn upside down kiss kiss kiss
Re: Love Or Understanding - Which Comes First? by Emade(m): 11:27am On Oct 29, 2010
if u do not luv first how can u come close and understand de person.so luv first.
Re: Love Or Understanding - Which Comes First? by femmy2010(m): 11:32am On Oct 29, 2010
I agree that understanding someone has a way of breeding love in ones heart.
Re: Love Or Understanding - Which Comes First? by ifyalways(f): 11:48am On Oct 29, 2010
How can i love you when i dont understand you?
Re: Love Or Understanding - Which Comes First? by 2good(m): 6:35pm On Oct 29, 2010
I think the word love is deceitful in the sense that it doesnt really exist in relationship as preached.
Relationship is more about UNDERSTANDING, AGREEMENT BW PARTNERS ON DIFFERENCES AND COMPROMISE.
Once you settle this 3 things and stop being delusional about one perfect thing call love, you are definitely going to have less problem coping A your partner.

(1) (Reply)

As A Daughter-in-law, How Do I Win My Mother-in-law / After 4 Kids,her Hubby Wants To Throw Her Out Og Her Marriage,pls Help!! / An Open Letter To My Cousin At His 12th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.