Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,961 members, 7,852,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:34 PM

As A Daughter-in-law, How Do I Win My Mother-in-law - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Daughter-in-law, How Do I Win My Mother-in-law (1079 Views)

I Apply ‘love Charm’ On My Manhood To Win My Wife Back – Man Tells Court / Only Those That Has A Daughter Will Enjoy This ( Pics ) / Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

As A Daughter-in-law, How Do I Win My Mother-in-law by VirtuousWoman: 2:58pm On Mar 01, 2012
Good Nairaland People,

Some members of this forum are married, some are single.
Amongst the married there are married men amd married women.
Those of us who are married women have sons and daughters.
I assume that some women may not be enjoying a great relationship with their husband's mum, so I would like this house members to share tips on how women can improve on their relationships with their Mother-In-laws.
Afterall some day our sons and daughters will get married and we will be Mother-In-Law too.

Besides, our husbands will love us us a-little-more if we have a good relationship with their mums, or how do you love my child when you hate me?
Re: As A Daughter-in-law, How Do I Win My Mother-in-law by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 01, 2012
Some mother In laws are un winnable lol, but the only thing that has worked really well for me has been to treat my mother in law as i would treat my Mum. Respect, Love and hang out with her (depending on the kind of mother in law you have), I have been lucky mine were both women who knew what was up, so we had almost similar interests.
For a difficult mother in law, always be polite and non confrontational, let your husband handle issue regarding her. Never make her feel unwanted even if you dont want her around. Then take what you watch on African magic with a grain of salt, dont go into marriage thinking every mother in law is patience ozokwor lol.
Re: As A Daughter-in-law, How Do I Win My Mother-in-law by feminineA: 5:18pm On Mar 01, 2012
What I did b4 I got married was to put my future mother n sister in laws in prayers. Infact for a long time that was my prayer point and today I have a good relationship with them all infact her son is always jealous self. Another thing is to treat her the way you will treat your mom. Don't get irritated with everything she does and don't act as a barrier btw her and her son. Another thing is for the husband to stand his grounds in his home. So his mom can understand her position has mother and the wife as wife.

(1) (Reply)

Women Only!!!! Women/mothers Let's Raise A Better Generation Of Men And Women / “I Still Love Him” – Says Bride Who Murdered Her Groom On Their Wedding Day / Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.