Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . (5741 Views)

Pastor Enters Into Church On A Hoverboard (Photos) / See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / 10 Reasons Why Lagosians Go To Church On Sundays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by KunleOshob(m): 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2010
@Joagbaje
I know you are incapable of learning as long as it is not coming from that your crooked mentor or written in that filthy pamphlet or erRORs.  It is clear in the scriptures i quoted that Jesus was addressing in his followers in that matthew passage warning them of false prophets like Oyaks that would emerge in these end times. Also Paul was writing to Titus warning him to silence false teachers so they don't destroy families like Oyaks is doing today. Is  the bible not meant to act as a guide and a source of knowledge o us  I see an example in the bible and teachings by our lord ad master which is relevant till christ's return and you are ignorant enough to assume he was addressing it to jews alone, i sincerely weep for the lost souls that flock your congregation a case of the blind leading the blind. And that is why people like me must continually warn brethen against ravaging wolves like you who are out to devour them. My christian conscience won't just allow me to keep quiet and watch vagabonds destroy the lives of christians.

Below is another warning which Jesus gave to protect us against vicious wolves like you and Oyaks.

Matthew 7:15:
15 “Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep but are really vicious wolves.

If you like again, you can say Jesus was addressing Jews again and not his followers. I can understand your predicament becos scriptures like this exposes you and your master for what you are.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Joagbaje(m): 9:10pm On Oct 27, 2010
kunleoshob
KunleOshob:

@Joagbaje
I know you are incapable of learning as not it is not coming from that your crooked mentor or written in that filthy pamphlet or erRORs. It is clear in the scriptures i quoted that Jesus was addressing in hisfollowers in that matthew passage warning them of false prophets like Oyaks that would emerge in these end times. Also Paul was writing to Titus warning him to silence false teachers so they don't destroy families like Oyaks is doing today. Is the bible not meant to act as a guide and a source of knowledge o us I see an exampl in the bible and teachings by our lord ad master which is relevant till christ's return and you are ignorant enoug to assume he was addressing it to jews alone, i sincerely weep for the lost souls that flock your congregation a case of the blind leading the blind. And that is why people like me must continually warn brethen against ravaging wolves like you who are out to devour them. My christian conscienc won't just allow me to keep quiet and watch vagabonds destroy the lives of christians.

Below is another warning which Jesus gave to protect us against vicious wolves like you and Oyaks.

Matthew 7:15:
15 “Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep but are really vicious wolves.

If you like again, you can say Jesus was addressing Jews again and not his followers. I can understand your predicament becos scriptures like this exposes you and your master for what you are.

The Matt 24 you usually quote to mock Gods anointed servants was a Jewish prophecy, I didn't deny emergence of false prophets and false brethren like you. Ask yourself what have you done with your life. The oyakhilome you've been attacking has made tremendous impact In this generation. Heaven and earth honors him with millions of souls saved into Gods kingdom. Saul of tarsus was in the same track with you but thank God he realised he was fighting a wrong war. You are not getting younger. Ask yourself how have you expanded Gods kingdom. Do something meaningful with your time than typing jargons. And mis applying scriptures. Read some rhapsodies devotional. You won't be making kindergarten scriptural blunders.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by PastorAIO: 9:22pm On Oct 27, 2010
I think that there are many here on nairaland and further afield who would testify that their understanding of scriptures has deepened by the efforts of KunleOshob. Many have written to say just as much in the past. Joagbaje, your insinuations above just won't wash.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Joagbaje(m): 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2010
@ pastor AIO
They may say so, but do they know better?, Kunle is good in the political section, I respect him there. But his scriptural blunders are appalling . How can a man give himself the assignment of ridiculing the church openly. Who's interest? Definitely not christ. Even if he were right(he is not) there are s riptural ways to handle kingdom matters. That's why the bible even forbid us taking each other to court before unbelievers . Now Jesus has a son whose job is to ridicule his body before unbelievers.

1 Corinthians 6:1-7
1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? 2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? 4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. 5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? 6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers. 7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather[ suffer yourselves to] be defrauded?
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by PastorAIO: 10:26pm On Oct 27, 2010
Political section? Is it sweet there? I've been feeling like I'm missing something on this NL, as the religion section has been so dry and boring. So that's where everybody has been.

I'm feeling quite hesitant to speak for Mr K himself cos I don't want to misrepresent him. So let me leave his matter to one side and get into first Corinthians chapter 6 with you.

1)what is the matter that the christians had against one another. Was it not a legal matter? Or was it an ecclesiastical matter? No it was a legal matter and they were going to court to settle it because one christian was trying to defraud another (probably in a business deal). It has nothing to do with scriptures. Kunleoshob's gripe with people like you is about scriptures and the twisting of the gospel. It is not a legal matter, otherwise it could be something that could be settled in courts.

There is much about that passage of Paul's that I don't like. While I agree with Paul on the few previous verses where he says to not keep company with the wicked but to put them out of the church, I do not agree with him when he says christians should just accept fraud when they have been defrauded by another christian. I find verse 7 repugnant.
7Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded? 8Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.

I sorry but I will not suffer myself to be defrauded. I think it is ghastly to suggest that the christian that reports a christian fraudster to the authorities is himself defrauding the brethren. What is the logic in that? If anybody, christian or not, tries me I will litigate to the fullest fullest of the law. In fact I'll tell my lawyer to push harder for maximum sentence if I find out that the fraudster is a christian, or rather is claiming to be a christian.
That's my own sha.

But my own final analysis is that a christian cannot be a fraudster, or an evil doer of any kind. If he is a fraudster then he is not a christian so I'll have no qualms about calling the police on him.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Almuhandis: 12:16am On Oct 28, 2010
cool Lord Jesus! are we saying that there is no manupulation of the flock? Because our lord jesus himself said there would be these Bad eggs
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Joagbaje(m): 6:23am On Oct 28, 2010
@pastor AIO
The issue with first corithian 6 is the reproach to the church before the world. God is not against justice, it's like saying for one not to wash ones dirty linen in public. So he said instead of taking matter before unbelievers why not be cheated. It just shows the depth of God concerns about his church before the world. Anyone has right to air his view , if Kunle doesn't tithe or believe in it , or in any giving ,that's fine. If he make posts on it,that's fine too. It's his opinion. There are many things Christians ha e disagreement over. But when you now say those who tithe are morons and that the church is hiding certain truth with the INTENT to defraud members , that's a sin. Deeper life women don't shake hands with men. Based on 1 cor 7:1 but I don't agree with that interpretation. But that shouldn't make me label them cultist and judge their intention. Air your view work with your convictions but name calling is wrong. It's a sin attacking the church or men of God.Those of us who believe in tithing are convinced by it and its working for us. Everyone you accept the other even in our differences. It had been like that from the bible days.

Romans 14:2-7
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. 3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. 4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. 5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day[ alike]. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth[ it] unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard[ it]. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by nuclearboy(m): 6:29am On Oct 28, 2010
^^ Basically then, Jesus was wrong to have entered the Temple with a whip & Paul was wrong rebuking Peter.

More importantly, anyone saying anything against cheating, lies and avarice in the house of God is wrong, ehn?
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Joagbaje(m): 6:53am On Oct 28, 2010
Jesus was apostle, Paul was an apostle .They have such authority. And Paul didn't take Peter to the hill of mars for rebuke, it was in the church. You will not find revolt from members of the church encouraged in the bible. Or rebellion to insituted authority. Either secular government or church government. I'm not against anybody airing his opinion but there is bible way. Not in name callings and abuses. My own system from my understanding of Gods word is intercession. It's been working over the years . I pray for every minister of God to come to full knowledge of truth. Churches like deeper life once stood against having TV in their homes but now they do, they even preach on TV. WHAT's that ? To me it's answer to prayers. Several church doctrines have changed over the years. We intercede for government , pastors , brethren that all may come to full knowledge of truth. But you don't take steps of reproach to the body of christ publicly. We only harden the hearts of sinners against God. So who's interest are serving?
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by nuclearboy(m): 7:06am On Oct 28, 2010
Be honest for once and forget moneeeey.

God's way always has been rebuke and your attempts to put a few on a pedestal is only unfortunate in its falsity. Admonitions are given to love others as ourselves and to be warned against false prophets. If then I know something is wrong and I keep quiet watching my neighbor fall into it, am I showing that love?

On the watching world, people know not all of us are thieves, criminals riding on the backs of poor innocent people when they see us speak out against rubbish. All the true prophets of God had the same as we have with you from the establishment of their days who profited from the tears of others and didn't want to lose such.

But whether we speak or not, judgment is coming
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Joagbaje(m): 7:20am On Oct 28, 2010
Definitely , judgement will come upon every evil doer. False prophet, apostle and false brethren. There is an end for them. We should also know that the way of truth had been called heretic in times past. Those who called them heretic can see how wrong they were by now. I would not want to fall into the same trap . I will rather take the path of the word and leave the judgement to God. He says we should judge nothing before the time. Even if we are so sure we are right, we do more damage to the innocent bystander that would have been saved. Jesus said we should leave the tares and the wheat to grow. He knows what to do.

I was once in a white garment church. But when I found greater light, I began to pray for people there to see light. God hears me. Many of them are embracing truth. I can't say because of zeal I now go online to write " 50 evils been done in so and so church"  cult .  That will be wrong. We correct in love. My part is to pray, God will bring out those he needs to bring out, he change the system there where it require changes. He knows what to do. Our part is intercession. If God calls you to teach, fine , start the church and teach your congregation what your convictions are.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by nuclearboy(m): 8:16am On Oct 28, 2010
@Joagbaje:

Its VERY sad you wrote all the above (not just your last post) and it only shows the depth of your knowledge and sincerity. In your last post, you see God's calling as a business. "Start a Church"! And for you, its as simple as that.

But what if I've been called to help the poor financially? Or the youth (based on experiences as a youth earlier, myself)? Or as a marriage counsellor? Or etc etc? Have you ever considered that a Christian who opens an orphanage and dedicates their life to helping children they otherwise have no relationship with, is a man of God? Did you ever realise that someone who goes into the street to claim back youths from a life of easy virtue, drugs and crime is a man of God? Did you ever read the beatitudes? Please show me the one related to your "pastors" amongst them or are those "men of satan"?

For you, its just church, bring tithes, have dominion and that is why only pastors are men of God to you. So let me ask you - if God sends you to 20 people and you bring 19 to Him and God sends oyaks to 10,000 and EVENTUALLY, he brings 200 (to Heaven, not to moneeeeey), who is the greater man of God? Let me give you a hint - widows mite! Remember I asked for the "greater", not if both were, cos your style is to answer unasked questions!

The truth is all have their functions and God has explained that succintly using the allegory of Christ being Head and the Church being "body". No part of your body is more important and each have their place? The fact that oyaks is (to you) a hand that everyone sees, does not make him more important than someone who could be the lifeblood (heart - prayer etc) or thigh muscle. But for you, the hand is supreme and is the APOSTLE so the rest of the body cannot talk even when it decides to go into fire. Fie!

What you rather should remember is the directive to remove your eye if it will lead you to perdition which is what Kunle is doing here to your oyaks. Rather than allow him lead others to perdition, it is preferable to remove him. That is God's Word!

The same allegory above shows why you have a problem. Would you take the life-force from your kidney and give it to your hand? Thats why Kunle says "christianity for profit" is wrong. And he is right!
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by KunleOshob(m): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2010
@Nuclearboy
Thanx for responding to Joagbaje on my behalf.

@Joagabje
As long as you people continue to preach errors publicly we would continue to point out the error publicly and would not shy away from describing a fraudulent action as fraud no matter whose OX is gored. As a christian i am not called to cover up the wrong doings and teachings in the body of christ, i am rather called to exposed it and preach the true gospel of christ which is purely based on love for others and NOT self interest which you preach. My decision to labell certain wrong practises in churches as fraud is actually biblical, God described priest who twist his word for money [i.e monetary tithes as opposed to the biblical agricultural produce tithe] as frauds grin so i am perfectly in order using that term.

Jeremiah 8:8-10:

8 “‘How can you say, “We are wise because we have the word of the Lord,”
when your teachers have[b] twisted it by writing lies[/b]?
9 These wise teachers will fall
into the trap of their own foolishness,
for they have rejected the word of the Lord.
Are they so wise after all?
10 I will give their wives to others
and their farms to strangers.
From the least to the greatest,
their lives are ruled by greed. Yes, even my prophets and priests are like that.
They are all frauds.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by KunleOshob(m): 9:48am On Oct 28, 2010
@Joagbaje
Also on the issue of publicly rebuking religious leaders for doing wrong, i learnt from the master himself. Please read below the public rebuke Jesus did to religious leaders like yourself and Oyaks.

Matthew 23 :

Jesus Criticizes the Religious Leaders
1 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, 2 “The teachers of religious law and the Pharisees are the official interpreters of the law of Moses. 3 So practice and obey whatever they tell you, but don’t follow their example. For they don’t practice what they teach. 4 They crush people with unbearable religious demands and never lift a finger to ease the burden.
5 “Everything they do is for show. On their arms they wear extra wide prayer boxes with Scripture verses inside, and they wear robes with extra long tassels. 6 And they love to sit at the head table at banquets and in the seats of honor in the synagogues. 7 They love to receive respectful greetings as they walk in the marketplaces, and to be called ‘Rabbi.’
8 “Don’t let anyone call you ‘Rabbi,’ for you have only one teacher, and all of you are equal as brothers and sisters. 9 And don’t address anyone here on earth as ‘Father,’ for only God in heaven is your spiritual Father. 10 And don’t let anyone call you ‘Teacher,’ for you have only one teacher, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you must be a servant. 12 But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.
13 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you shut the door of the Kingdom of Heaven in people’s faces. You won’t go in yourselves, and you don’t let others enter either.
15 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you cross land and sea to make one convert, and then you turn that person into twice the child of hell you yourselves are!
16 “Blind guides! What sorrow awaits you! For you say that it means nothing to swear ‘by God’s Temple,’ but that it is binding to swear ‘by the gold in the Temple.’ 17 Blind fools! Which is more important—the gold or the Temple that makes the gold sacred? 18 And you say that to swear ‘by the altar’ is not binding, but to swear ‘by the gifts on the altar’ is binding. 19 How blind! For which is more important—the gift on the altar or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20 When you swear ‘by the altar,’ you are swearing by it and by everything on it. 21 And when you swear ‘by the Temple,’ you are swearing by it and by God, who lives in it. 22 And when you swear ‘by heaven,’ you are swearing by the throne of God and by God, who sits on the throne.
23 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things. 24 Blind guides! You strain your water so you won’t accidentally swallow a gnat, but you swallow a camel!
25 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are so careful to clean the outside of the cup and the dish, but inside you are filthy—full of greed and self-indulgence! 26 You blind Pharisee! First wash the inside of the cup and the dish, and then the outside will become clean, too.
27 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs—beautiful on the outside but filled on the inside with dead people’s bones and all sorts of impurity. 28 Outwardly you look like righteous people, but inwardly your hearts are filled with hypocrisy and lawlessness.
29 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you build tombs for the prophets your ancestors killed, and you decorate the monuments of the godly people your ancestors destroyed. 30 Then you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would never have joined them in killing the prophets.’
31 “But in saying that, you testify against yourselves that you are indeed the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Go ahead and finish what your ancestors started. 33 Snakes! Sons of vipers! How will you escape the judgment of hell?
34 “Therefore, I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers of religious law. But you will kill some by crucifixion, and you will flog others with whips in your synagogues, chasing them from city to city. 35 As a result, you will be held responsible for the murder of all godly people of all time—from the murder of righteous Abel to the murder of Zechariah son of Barachiah, whom you killed in the Temple between the sanctuary and the altar. 36 I tell you the truth, this judgment will fall on this very generation.

@Joagabje
I sincerely hope you read the above scripture word for word, you would realize that those golden words spoken 2000 years ago are still very relevant today. Today our equivalent of teachers of religious law and pharisees today are our pastors, bishops and preachers. Go figure!!
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 28, 2010
funny story, i dont even know which is worse anymore - the blatant business strategy that the church has become or the more insidious "christianity is nothing more than being nice and being active in local charities" form that has taken firm root in the US. Listening to christian radio day in day out can be a painful exercise in separating wheat from the chaff. Dont get me started on the "God is my boyfriend" music packaged as "worship" these days.

Last sunday, (i attend traditional church now as i'm frankly tired of listening to hard rock music also called CCM) we had a young fellow "leading us in worship. Besides a short packaged "speech" 2 mins before he started, he basically just stood up there, strummed his guitar and sang to himself. We only knew one of the songs, the rest we just stood and read the lyrics off the screen. There were no words of encouragement between songs, no testimonies of how the songs ministered to him personally, nothing on why we are singing the songs, just moving from one song to the next with no regard for the audience! shocked

At the end of the day i saw a status update on the church facebook page asking if we were "tremendously blessed" (church slang for "entertained"wink by blablabla's "leading worship" . . . of course a few sheep bleated the perfunctory "YES, bless the Lord" . . . only serious restraint prevented me from opening my mind right there and then. I went over to the facebook fanpage of the "worship leader" . . . and to my non-surprise, his musical inspirations were listed as U2, the beatles e.t.c. No wonder!
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by KunleOshob(m): 10:28am On Oct 28, 2010
Another scripture that addresses why people are easily manipulated in some churches today,

2 Timothy 4:1-5:

2 Timothy 4
1 I solemnly urge you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus, who will someday judge the living and the dead when he appears to set up his Kingdom: 2 Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching.

3 For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will reject the truth and chase after myths. [reminds me of the so called prosperity gospel]

5 But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don’t be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you.

Two thousand years later and the above statement is truer than ever. Truelly prophetic!!
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Almuhandis: 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2010
davidylan:

funny story, i dont even know which is worse anymore - the blatant business strategy that the church has become or the more insidious "christianity is nothing more than being nice and being active in local charities" form that has taken firm root in the US. Listening to christian radio day in day out can be a painful exercise in separating wheat from the chaff. Dont get me started on the "God is my boyfriend" music packaged as "worship" these days.

Last sunday, (i attend traditional church now as i'm frankly tired of listening to hard rock music also called CCM) we had a young fellow "leading us in worship. Besides a short packaged "speech" 2 mins before he started, he basically just stood up there, strummed his guitar and sang to himself. We only knew one of the songs, the rest we just stood and read the lyrics off the screen. There were no words of encouragement between songs, no testimonies of how the songs ministered to him personally, nothing on why we are singing the songs, just moving from one song to the next with no regard for the audience! shocked

At the end of the day i saw a status update on the church facebook page asking if we were "tremendously blessed" (church slang for "entertained"wink by blablabla's "leading worship" . . . of course a few sheep bleated the perfunctory "YES, bless the Lord" . . . only serious restraint prevented me from opening my mind right there and then. I went over to the facebook fanpage of the "worship leader" . . . and to my non-surprise, his musical inspirations were listed as U2, the beatles e.t.c. No wonder!
cool No wonder! indeed.If those that inspire him are U2 etc, no suprise that he could not alter a simple church atmosphere. Secular music has made inroads in to the body of christ
and If you attempt to cry out,people like joagbaje would say no,do not cast out a man of God.Yet in the new testament -we are all 'men of God'so long we are sons in the kingdom.
We will continue to expose them just as our master did-YESUA ALMASIYA.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Almuhandis: 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2010
davidylan:

cool No wonder! indeed.If those that inspire him are U2 etc, no surprise that he could not alter a simple church atmosphere. Secular music has made inroads in to the body of Christ
and If you attempt to cry out,people like joagbaje would say no,do not cast out a man of God.Yet in the new testament -we are all 'men of God'so long we are sons in the kingdom.
We will continue to expose them just as our master did-YESUA ALMASIYA.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by debosky(m): 1:31pm On Oct 28, 2010
@ David

The inexperience or lack of awareness of the worship leader doesn't imply his heart is not right with God. The fact is, not everyone will agree on the same form/mode of worship. What he needs is probably training on leading people into worship - it's different from just communing with God on your own.

Even U2 and the Beatles got their audiences excited and worked up to enjoy the music so I doubt his source of musical inspiration is the issue.

On a general note, you appear to have a hang up with 'worship music' of the 'modern' variety.

@ Kunle

While I agree with the scripture you quoted, I would be very surprised if people now want to hear themselves called [i]b[/i]astards. . . .but then again, I might be wrong.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by KunleOshob(m): 3:59pm On Oct 28, 2010
debosky:

@ Kunle

While I agree with the scripture you quoted, I would be very surprised if people now want to hear themselves called [i]b[/i]astards. . . .but then again, I might be wrong.

It's not about the insults and being called "bastard" as in the case in the original post. It is what makes people listen to these false teachers in the first instance. Like someone rightly noted, he didn't just start calling them names from day one, it must have detiorated to that level. He must have gotten them hooked to him by preaching what their "itching ears wanted to hear" and convincing them he is of God even though he he is not bearing the right fruits.

Pastor AIO:

I think that there are many here on nairaland and further afield who would testify that their understanding of scriptures has deepened by the efforts of KunleOshob. Many have written to say just as much in the past. Joagbaje, your insinuations above just won't wash.

How did i miss the above post earlier? Coming from a sound and accomplished mind like Pastor AIO i must say i feel highly appreciated. Thanx wink
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Joagbaje(m): 2:36am On Oct 29, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Joagbaje:

Its VERY sad you wrote all the above (not just your last post) and it only shows the depth of your knowledge and sincerity. In your last post, you see God's calling as a business. "Start a Church"! And for you, its as simple as that.

Why should you see everything from money perspective. Don't misquote me. I was only saying if a man is that desperate  to communicate his convictions, instead of abusing ministers and church of christ, why don't he gather people and start teaching them . What has it got to do with business. Church is for building people not building money. 

But what if I've been called to help the poor financially? Or the youth (based on experiences as a youth earlier, myself)? Or as a marriage counsellor? Or etc etc? Have you ever considered that a Christian who opens an orphanage and dedicates their life to helping children they otherwise have no relationship with, is a man of God? Did you ever realise that someone who goes into the street to claim back youths from a life of easy virtue, drugs and crime is a man of God? Did you ever read the beatitudes? Please show me the one related to your "pastors" amongst them or are those "men of satan"?

You are right,  Ofcouse they are men of God.we can say all of us are men of God in a generic term but we should know the difference. Those who function in those ministry still ought to be under a pastor. They are branches  under the church. We have an arm of our ministry that reach out to less privilege children. We have hostels built for them . And from time to time carry out campaign to get more children and love-peddlers off the streets. It's an arm under the church. We have prison ministry. Built chapel for them and computer centres inside the prison.

For you, its just church, bring tithes, have dominion and that is why only pastors are men of God to you. So let me ask you - if God sends you to 20 people and you bring 19 to Him and God sends oyaks to 10,000 and EVENTUALLY, he brings 200 (to Heaven, not to moneeeeey), who is the greater man of God? Let me give you a hint - widows mite! Remember I asked for the "greater", not if both were, cos your style is to answer unasked questions!

You are the one always emphasizing this money thing. How many times have you seen pastor chris in his messages shouting money money or in any of his books? He teaches life in christ.

The truth is all have their functions and God has explained that succintly using the allegory of Christ being Head and the Church being "body". No part of your body is more important and each have their place? The fact that oyaks is (to you) a hand that everyone sees, does not make him more important than someone who could be the lifeblood (heart - prayer etc) or thigh muscle. But for you, the hand is supreme and is the APOSTLE so the rest of the body cannot talk even when it decides to go into fire. Fie!

Of course scripturally the apostles are higher. There is structure in the body. The apostles, followed by the other four ministry offices and gifts.

What you rather should remember is the directive to remove your eye if it will lead you to perdition which is what Kunle is doing here to your oyaks. Rather than allow him lead others to perdition, it is preferable to remove him. That is God's Word!

The same allegory above shows why you have a problem. Would you take the life-force from your kidney and give it to your hand? Thats why Kunle says "christianity for profit" is wrong. And he is right!

What are we really missing here?  There is inheritance for every Christian . It's  a vital part of Christianity. We are not seeking gains . We are blessed , we are called into an inheritance. Everyone of us.this is confirmed in all scriptures. Denying the blessing is not humility, it's ignorance. There is more than enough for everyone.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by aletheia(m): 5:58am On Oct 29, 2010
Joagbaje:

What are we really missing here?  There is inheritance for every Christian . It's  a vital part of Christianity. We are not seeking gains . We are blessed , we are called into an inheritance. Everyone of us.this is confirmed in all scriptures. Denying the blessing is not humility, it's ignorance. There is more than enough for everyone.
^^
Please, what is the nature of the inheritance? Is it money or other appurtenances pertaining to the world?
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Joagbaje(m): 6:34am On Oct 29, 2010
aletheia:

^^
Please, what is the nature of the inheritance? Is it money or other appurtenances pertaining to the world?

The inheritance is a full package. All thinngs. A life of dominion over the works of Satan. Poverty,sickness, death, failure, oppression , sin.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by aletheia(m): 6:47am On Oct 29, 2010
Joagbaje:

The inheritance is a full package. All thinngs. A life of dominion over the works of Satan. Poverty,sickness, death, failure, oppression , sin.
. . .is money is included in the package?
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Joagbaje(m): 6:56am On Oct 29, 2010
aletheia:

. . .is money is included in the package?

It's like asking if blue jeans is included. The less is included in the greater. Money is one of the least things. When God says he gave us all things he means all things. . You may ask if there is dollar in the bible. So I will rather use the word wealth and riches , they are included in the package.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Image123(m): 8:04am On Oct 29, 2010
Give me my money! Give me my money! Why are you reading my post? Just give me my money!
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Joagbaje(m): 8:07am On Oct 29, 2010
Image123:

Give me my money! Give me my money! Why are you reading my post? Just give me my money!

Get it with your faith, begging won't work
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Image123(m): 9:49am On Oct 29, 2010
Ah ah, i don't have that patience, just give me my money before i use the 'b' word.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by nuclearboy(m): 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2010
@Jo:

You are the one always screaming give money, get power, have dominion, prado jeep here. Your pastor chris has oft introduced money into his teachings simply by saying things like "A giver is a "getter"'. Anyone sitting who hears that will of course give because they wish to "get". That is the insidiousness of your false gospel - it utilizes forms which men emphatise with and makes slaves of them

Then you say there is a difference in "men of God". So let me ask you - arrange the following in order of seniority today - Myself, yourself, Kumuyi, Bakare, Adeboye, Oyakilome, Mrs Idahosa and Taiwo Odukoya.

What inheritance exactly are you speaking of here? Is it physical or spiritual? Is it of this world or another?
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by aletheia(m): 6:18pm On Oct 29, 2010
Image123:

grin grin grin

Joagbaje:

Get it with your faith, begging won't work

^So what was the "pastor" of the OP doing? Exercising his faith? Claiming his inheritance?

[b]1 Peter 1:3-4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

Matthew 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Col 3:1-4. If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.[/b]
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by nuclearboy(m): 6:30pm On Oct 29, 2010
^^  smiley

Really wish you'd allowed him twist himself into a pretzel over inheritance of Naira from poor people. That is the insidiousness of their false Gospel. Rather than allow scripture to explain scripture, they quote in part and switch to default (419) mode where they start with truth and subtly end with a lie, at which time, the lie has been buttressed with the misquote.

Their preference for this world's pleasures show them up more than anything else.  To them, Heaven can go jump.

Inheritance ko, car rental ni.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Joagbaje(m): 11:24pm On Oct 29, 2010
@Jo:You are the one always screaming give money, get power, have dominion, prado jeep here. Your pastor chris has oft introduced money into his teachings simply by saying things like "A giver is a "getter"'.

So in which message did he use that phrase. Or you just assume.

Anyone sitting who hears that will of course give because they wish to "get". That is the insidiousness of your false gospel - it utilizes forms which men emphatise with and makes slaves of them

It's Jesus that first preached this false gospel them Paul copied him.

Acts 20:35
35 ---- remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Then you say there is a difference in "men of God". So let me ask you - arrange the following in order of seniority today - Myself, yourself, Kumuyi, Bakare, Adeboye, Oyakilome, Mrs Idahosa and Taiwo Odukoya.

Chaii! Nuclearboy  will you go this far?  . You should know that i dont discuss men of God.These are generals in their own class, they are fathers to us it is too high a matter for us to dabble into by classifying them. I will rather focus on soul winning. 

What inheritance exactly are you speaking of here? Is it physical or spiritual? Is it of this world or another?

The inheritance of Christians is here now and the world to come.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ori Orisha ~ Know Your Personal Orisha / If Hell Is Real,then We Are All Doomed For It.(its In The Bible) / Why Are You Really Going To Church Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.