Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,243 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Onitsha City Marathon To Host 20,000 Runners From Across The World- See Prizes - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Onitsha City Marathon To Host 20,000 Runners From Across The World- See Prizes (1352 Views)

2 Kenyans, 1 Ethiopian Accused Of Fixing Half Marathon To Favour Chinese Runner / 25,000 Runners Expected For Lagos Women Run / Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onitsha City Marathon To Host 20,000 Runners From Across The World- See Prizes by AmericanQuarter: 8:07am On Aug 30, 2019
#Median Edition of Onitsha City Marathon : Hope for sport driven tourism in Anambra State ...

By Honorable Chris Emeka Azubogu

The news of maiden Edition of the Onitsha City Marathon , is one news that should be celebrated .

I must appreciate all those behind this upcoming Onitsha City Marathon that will put our state and country on the global map as a Centre of sporting Excellence .

That a world sports governing body , International Association of Atlantic Federation ( IAAF) has certified this median edition of Onitsha City Marathon , is a testimony that those behind this , has done so much .

I also understand that The Association of International Marathons and Distance Races, also known as AIMS, which is an association of the organisers of long-distance road running races, also certified and approved Onitsha City Marathon .

This singular push , has not only announced the city to the world , but with a sports tourism narrative that will add value to our local economy .

From the organizers , some vital information that relates to the event are :

Race Date : October 5, 2019

Start Time : 6.30 am

Distance : 21km (Half Marathon)

Start Point : Park Avenue/Onitsha Mall, Onitsha

Finish Point : Chuba Ikpeazu Stadium, Onitsha .

Registration fee : Free

Eligibility : Open to medically fit elite and fun runners.

Projected Participants : 20,000

Route Certification : Certified by AIMS/IAAF

Route Measurer : Norrie Williamson, An AIMS/IAAF Grade A measurer.

Routes:
- Park Avenue/Onitsha Mall
- Dennis Memorial Secondary School

- Ogut Road

– New Cemetery Road

– MCC

– Head Bridge

– Express Way

– Upper Iweka

– Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Mausoluem

-Nkpor Junction

- Awka Road

– Finish point ; Chuba Ikpeazu Stadium , by Ime Obi Stadium .

Vision : To be the best half Marathon in Nigeria and Africa in terms of organization, management and Number of participants.

Mission : To be a platform for discovering, developing and deploying Sports talents with Onitsha and its environ and Africa at large.

I urge us all , to give the organizers of this median edition of Onitsha City Marathon all the needed support and encouragement for them to achieve maximum success .

Tourism is one of the major economic growth blocks , that here we are talking about Median Edition of Onitsha City Marathon .

#OnitshaCityMarathon
#WinYourRace
#21KmMarathon
#SportsTourism
#Athletics
#HelpIsComing
#AzuboguConversation
#BigIdeas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqempluGK1Q

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Onitsha City Marathon To Host 20,000 Runners From Across The World- See Prizes by PureGoldh(m): 8:09am On Aug 30, 2019
Am available oooh grin
Re: Onitsha City Marathon To Host 20,000 Runners From Across The World- See Prizes by Lienn: 8:09am On Aug 30, 2019
grin

How I wish a Nigerian can win the first prize
Re: Onitsha City Marathon To Host 20,000 Runners From Across The World- See Prizes by Anambralstson: 8:20am On Aug 30, 2019
Endorsed by Agbogidi the Obi of Onitsha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha City Marathon To Host 20,000 Runners From Across The World- See Prizes by Anambralstson: 8:29am On Aug 30, 2019
Op Anambra music concert holds today at Oma event center opposite Sir Alex Ekwueme square Awka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha City Marathon To Host 20,000 Runners From Across The World- See Prizes by AmericanQuarter: 8:35am On Aug 30, 2019
Anambralstson:
Op Anambra music concert holds today at Oma event center opposite Sir Alex Ekwueme square Awka

Great. I will be there to enjoy myself. I will get enough pictures too

1 Like

Re: Onitsha City Marathon To Host 20,000 Runners From Across The World- See Prizes by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 8:40am On Aug 30, 2019
Anambralstson:

obiano is really paying you well, hope his predecessor will increase your stipend when obiano leaves office grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha City Marathon To Host 20,000 Runners From Across The World- See Prizes by Dagah2: 9:02am On Aug 30, 2019
Na we get am....
grin grin
Re: Onitsha City Marathon To Host 20,000 Runners From Across The World- See Prizes by Anambralstson: 10:04am On Aug 30, 2019
ALCOHOLKILLS:

obiano is really paying you well, hope his predecessor will increase your stipend when obiano leaves office grin
The love for my dear state is beyond politicians and their price.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onitsha City Marathon To Host 20,000 Runners From Across The World- See Prizes by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:29am On Aug 30, 2019
So as i left onitsha now una wan do marathon race abi, and i knw i go dey 4rm 1st to 4th las las i must win sth

Re: Onitsha City Marathon To Host 20,000 Runners From Across The World- See Prizes by Ttipsy(f): 10:43am On Aug 30, 2019
nice
Re: Onitsha City Marathon To Host 20,000 Runners From Across The World- See Prizes by SisterFire(f): 11:00am On Aug 30, 2019
I must run this race
Re: Onitsha City Marathon To Host 20,000 Runners From Across The World- See Prizes by SpaceTour: 11:01am On Aug 30, 2019
Great ideas from great minds

AmericanQuarter:
#Median Edition of Onitsha City Marathon : Hope for sport driven tourism in Anambra State ...

By Honorable Chris Emeka Azubogu

The news of maiden Edition of the Onitsha City Marathon , is one news that should be celebrated .

I must appreciate all those behind this upcoming Onitsha City Marathon that will put our state and country on the global map as a Centre of sporting Excellence .

That a world sports governing body , International Association of Atlantic Federation ( IAAF) has certified this median edition of Onitsha City Marathon , is a testimony that those behind this , has done so much .

I also understand that The Association of International Marathons and Distance Races, also known as AIMS, which is an association of the organisers of long-distance road running races, also certified and approved Onitsha City Marathon .

This singular push , has not only announced the city to the world , but with a sports tourism narrative that will add value to our local economy .

From the organizers , some vital information that relates to the event are :

Race Date : October 5, 2019

Start Time : 6.30 am

Distance : 21km (Half Marathon)

Start Point : Park Avenue/Onitsha Mall, Onitsha

Finish Point : Chuba Ikpeazu Stadium, Onitsha .

Registration fee : Free

Eligibility : Open to medically fit elite and fun runners.

Projected Participants : 20,000

Route Certification : Certified by AIMS/IAAF

Route Measurer : Norrie Williamson, An AIMS/IAAF Grade A measurer.

Routes:
- Park Avenue/Onitsha Mall
- Dennis Memorial Secondary School

- Ogut Road

– New Cemetery Road

– MCC

– Head Bridge

– Express Way

– Upper Iweka

– Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Mausoluem

-Nkpor Junction

- Awka Road

– Finish point ; Chuba Ikpeazu Stadium , by Ime Obi Stadium .

Vision : To be the best half Marathon in Nigeria and Africa in terms of organization, management and Number of participants.

Mission : To be a platform for discovering, developing and deploying Sports talents with Onitsha and its environ and Africa at large.

I urge us all , to give the organizers of this median edition of Onitsha City Marathon all the needed support and encouragement for them to achieve maximum success .

Tourism is one of the major economic growth blocks , that here we are talking about Median Edition of Onitsha City Marathon .

#OnitshaCityMarathon
#WinYourRace
#21KmMarathon
#SportsTourism
#Athletics
#HelpIsComing
#AzuboguConversation
#BigIdeas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqempluGK1Q

Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo Sportingly Refuses To Wear Captain's Armband & Hands It To Older Teammat / Ball Possession / Austin Okocha Warns Nedum Onuoha Over Nigeria Snub.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.