Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,328 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market (2007 Views)

Tinubu Appoints Ex-Rivers Commissioner As DG Of Border Agency / Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations / Buhari Appoints Junaid Abdullahi, His Son-In-Law As Head Of Border Agency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market by Okoroawusa: 10:09am On Aug 30, 2019
Earlier in the week the Federal Government of Nigeria ordered a partial closure of the Nigerian border with Benin Republic. This is as a result of the persistent smuggling of rice through the border.

The closure has led to the flooding of the markets with made in Nigeria rice bags.

Is this a good development or will it fade away as the border is reopened?

Only time will tell...

Re: Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market by Nbote(m): 10:22am On Aug 30, 2019
Flood d market? Like seriously? Didn't U read anoda thread where rice farmers were complaining of foreign rice influx from Benin republic?

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market by Truthwords: 10:32am On Aug 30, 2019
Ok
Re: Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market by Smithkafors(m): 10:52am On Aug 30, 2019
Just 1 bag.....

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market by mrvitalis(m): 10:59am On Aug 30, 2019
Seriously buhari and his team thought the foreign rice came in from the official border ?? Like seriously ?

I keep setting buhari estimated IQ low his action keeps showing if that was too high

My passion for nigeria lead me to support this government ....never have i been this scammed

4 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market by FarahAideed: 11:00am On Aug 30, 2019
Lies from the pit of hell ...

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market by Okoroawusa: 11:05am On Aug 30, 2019
Nbote:
Flood d market? Like seriously? Didn't U read anoda thread where rice farmers were complaining of foreign rice influx from Benin republic?
That's why there is a partial closure of the border
Re: Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market by Okoroawusa: 11:06am On Aug 30, 2019
FarahAideed:
Lies from the pit of hell ...
Well,no be person wey don go hell go know how the pit be?
Re: Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market by FarahAideed: 11:06am On Aug 30, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Well,no be person wey don go hell go know how the pit be?

How market this man

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market by Okoroawusa: 11:07am On Aug 30, 2019
Smithkafors:
Just 1 bag.....
Just go round markets in Lagos
Re: Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market by Okoroawusa: 11:08am On Aug 30, 2019
FarahAideed:

How market this man
Nna, market n'azu gwo gwo

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market by Tomiwa69(m): 5:23pm On Aug 30, 2019
It Like bubu av paid op to be Telling Nigerians lie
Re: Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market by 2special(m): 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2019
probably imported rice from Niger through the Northern borders, they just repackage it with Nigeria bags....they emptied the foreign rice to Nigeria bags.
Re: Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market by Borderless: 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2019
mrvitalis:
Seriously buhari and his team thought the foreign rice came in from the official border ?? Like seriously ?

I keep setting buhari estimated IQ low his action keeps showing if that was too high

My passion for nigeria lead me to support this government ....never have i been this scammed

Re: Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market by adekolaelect(m): 8:35pm On Aug 30, 2019
2special:
probably imported rice from Niger through the Northern borders, they just repackage it with Nigeria bags....they emptied the foreign rice to Nigeria bags.
OK give us your own rice to eat .why you people can't embrace any good things than to put bad mouth on things Nawa for you oooooo
Re: Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market by NumuSings(f): 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nbote:
Flood d market? Like seriously? Didn't U read anoda thread where rice farmers were complaining of foreign rice influx from Be republic?

I'm ashamed for my country.
Re: Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market by ThatFairGuy: 6:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
NumuSings:

I'm ashamed for my country.
Why? Don't let mannabb.qgrills hear this o, else, she sing for you tongue

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Border Closure: Nigerian Rice Floods Market by NumuSings(f): 6:28pm On Jun 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Why? Don't let mannabb.qgrills hear this o, else, she sing for you tongue

���

(1) (Reply)

I Dare The FG To Start An Online Poll About Buhari's Resignation. / Amaechi Demolished Mosques, Didn't Appoint Northerners, We Won't Vote Him: Arewa / I Deeply Regret Fighting To Keep Nigeria One...Pa Babawande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.