Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,736 members, 7,955,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:32 PM

Nigeria Police Vehicle Transporting Feed For Police Horses (Photos, Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Police Vehicle Transporting Feed For Police Horses (Photos, Video) (38092 Views)

A Lone Nigerian Stopped A Police Vehicle While He Was Controlling Traffic. / Outrage As Police Vehicle Runs Over Handcuffed Man In Edo (Pic) / Trailer Transporting Airplane Causes Gridlock In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Police Vehicle Transporting Feed For Police Horses (Photos, Video) by naptu2: 12:14am On Sep 01, 2019
teelaw4life:

No where did i state or suggest or infer that mounted trucks are patrol trucks. Please don't miscontrue or twists my assertions. I am saying for the sake of civility, you do not use a police vehicle (mounted or otherwise) to transport grass in such an open manner.
Notice how in your latest pictures, they have attached carriages despite the trucks having space for carrying grass. That's what I'm talking about.
I've tried looking up the Force Mounted Troop of the Nigeria Police to see if i can gather additional info about the departments' assets and uses but no dice.
I don't have the time, if not I'd have gone to their office to clarify things.
No where in the world will the police place grass in the back of their pickup trucks. If they're transporting feed, then it has to be done properly.

1) You've changed your position and included the word "open". I stated in my first reply to you that the only problem was that the grass was not properly secured and could be an obstruction to other road users.

2) You said that you did not suggest that they were patrol vehicles shocked Check your previous post! You actually wrote "patrol vehicle".

3) You said you would hold your peace if I post a picture of a foreign police department that used a pickup to carry grass. Check the first picture I posted (I will post it again). There is a bale of grass on the back of the Chicago police pick up truck (this is separate from the horse trailer that it's towing). You can also see bales of hay on the ground and a payloader that is veing used to load the truck.

4) Mounted police trucks are used to carry horse feed, horses and equipmemt for the horses.

teelaw4life:

This is like saying it's okay for patrol vans to use their vehicles to move corpses of criminals killed in gunfire.

Show me any other country that utilizes "mounted police" truck to transport grass and I'll hold my peace.

Look at the back of the police truck and look at the bales of hay on the ground and on the payloader.

Re: Nigeria Police Vehicle Transporting Feed For Police Horses (Photos, Video) by naptu2: 12:22am On Sep 01, 2019
Waiting for the next shifting of the goal post.

1) First it was, why don't they use another type of vehicle. So I showed that pickups are used to carry grass and I said that the only problem is the way the grass was stacked, not the type of vehicle used.

2) Then it's, marked police vehicles should not be used to carry grass. Show me a foreign marked police vehicle that's used to carry grass.

3) I show foreign police vehicles that are used to carry grass and horses.

4) Then it is, "why is it being carried in the open" (ignoring what I wrote in my first response). The problem is no longer that it's a marked police vehicle, it's that the grass is in the open.

5) Now I've posted a picture of a Chicago police truck carrying a bale of grass in the open, I wonder what's next.
Re: Nigeria Police Vehicle Transporting Feed For Police Horses (Photos, Video) by teelaw4life(m): 12:28am On Sep 01, 2019
naptu2:

1) You've changed your position and included the word "open". I stated in my first reply to you that the only problem was that the grass was not properly secured and could be an obstruction to other road users.

2) You said that you did not suggest that they were patrol vehicles shocked Check your previous post! You actually wrote "patrol vehicle".

3) You said you would hold your peace if I post a picture of a foreign police department that used a pickup to carry grass. Check the first picture I posted (I will post it again). There is a bale of grass on the back of the Chicago police pick up truck (this is separate from the horse trailer that it's towing). You can also see bales of hay on the ground and a payloader that is veing used to load the truck.

4) Mounted police trucks are used to carry horse feed, horses and equipmemt for the horses.

Look at the back of the police truck and look at the bales of hay on the ground and on the payloader.

Chai...I think you need to read my comment again. I said "you saying it's okay to have the mounted truck transport grass in such an open manner IS LIKE saying it's okay for police tp use patrol van to move Corpses of criminals killed in gunfire."

Please reread and stop twisting my words.

Also, i used the word "open" right from the onset of this argument. For the sake of clarity, I have taken screenshots of both points that i just addressed and you'll see them below.

Yes, those trucks are transporting hay, but can you see hpw it's well wrapped and covered?

That is my argument. It should not be moved in such a manner. If it can't be properly concealed or packaged, then they should get one of tjose black marias or something instead of creating an eyesore all over or possibly littering the environment.

Re: Nigeria Police Vehicle Transporting Feed For Police Horses (Photos, Video) by naptu2: 12:30am On Sep 01, 2019
teelaw4life:

Chai...I think you need to read my comment again. I said "you saying it's okay to have the mounted truck transport grass in such an open manner IS LIKE saying it's okay for police tp use patrol van to move Corpses of criminals killed in gunfire."

Also, i used the word "open" right from the onset of this argument. For the sake of clarity, I have taken screenshots of both points that i just addressed and you'll see them below.

Yes, those trucks are transporting hay, but can you see hpw it's well wrapped and covered?

That is my argument. It should not be moved in such a manner. If it can't be properly concealed or packaged, then they should get one of tjose black marias or something instead of creating an eyesore all over or possibly littering the environment.

naptu2:
Waiting for the next shifting of the goal post.

1) First it was, why don't they use another type of vehicle. So I showed that pickups are used to carry grass and I said that the only problem is the way the grass was stacked, not the type of vehicle used.

2) Then it's, marked police vehicles should not be used to carry grass. Show me a foreign marked police vehicle that's used to carry grass.

3) I show foreign police vehicles that are used to carry grass and horses.

4) Then it is, "why is it being carried in the open" (ignoring what I wrote in my first response). The problem is no longer that it's a marked police vehicle, it's that the grass is in the open.

5) Now I've posted a picture of a Chicago police truck carrying a bale of grass in the open, I wonder what's next.
Re: Nigeria Police Vehicle Transporting Feed For Police Horses (Photos, Video) by naptu2: 12:33am On Sep 01, 2019
teelaw4life:

THIS WAS MY FIRST RESPONSE TO YOU!!!

It appears that you are just looking to have the last word with the way you are shifting the goal post. The part of my response in bold should have put an end to this exchange if you hadn't been trying to rigmarole.

I don't have any time to waste anymore. Enjoy the last word (I won't read it).

naptu2:

There's nothing wrong with using a pickup truck to haul grass. That's one of the things that pickup trucks were designed for. Those vehicles also belong to the Police Mounted Unit (read what's written on the side of the truck), so it's not like they used regular patrol vehicles to carry grass. The problem in this case is that they dumped too much grass in the truck (overloading) and that the load wasn't properly fastened to prevent it from spilling from the truck or impairing other road users.
Re: Nigeria Police Vehicle Transporting Feed For Police Horses (Photos, Video) by SURElee(f): 4:40pm On Sep 01, 2019
This is not over load. This is acceptable by the traffic laws of the land. Is only in Nigeria that leaders and institutions that should uphold the laws break the laws that every citizen should obey as if they are above the law.
Re: Nigeria Police Vehicle Transporting Feed For Police Horses (Photos, Video) by jhydebaba(m): 8:24pm On Mar 06
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Airport: November & December Flights Sold Out Within 5hrs: Pictures / Schoolchildren Killed On Abuja Highway As Truck Rams Into Bus (Graphic Photos) / Hilux Van Kills Woman After Running Into Her Shop In Port-Harcourt. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.