Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,057 members, 7,863,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:46 AM

Austin Eguavoen Drop Yobo, Enyeama - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Austin Eguavoen Drop Yobo, Enyeama (751 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Austin Eguavoen Quits After Qualifying Failure / Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Austin Eguavoen Drop Yobo, Enyeama by honeric01(m): 10:28pm On Oct 25, 2010
Nigeria have left out captain Joseph Yobo and first-choice goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama from the squad to play Iran in next month's international friendly.

Head of the NFF's Technical Department Emmanuel Ikpeme explained that the move was not punitive, but meant to try out younger players.

“There is nothing to be read from the decision. The players are not dropped. We just want to try out some younger players so that we can build strength in depth for the team. It also does not mean that the players not invited are no longer members of the team.

“They are key members of our squad, but we need to give other players a chance to see if they can fit in when these big players for any reason, are unavailable.”

The team will again be managed by Austin Eguavoen, according to Ikpeme.

“He picked the team and explained to us the rationale behind leaving out certain players. He will be in charge for that game, although the first order of business for the board as soon as they come in will be to appoint a new coach.”

http://www.kickoff.com/news/18457/austin-eguavoen-to-lead-super-eagles-against-iran.php
Re: Austin Eguavoen Drop Yobo, Enyeama by mensdept: 11:41pm On Oct 25, 2010
So why have we not "dropped" Eguavoen? While a host of serious nations have begum their build up to 2014 we are still using a caretaker coach?
Re: Austin Eguavoen Drop Yobo, Enyeama by semid4lyfe(m): 10:38pm On Oct 26, 2010
Yobo has been less than inspiring. I'm glad he was dropped.

I still believe and maintain our best central defence pairing is Apam & Adeleye. . . one of the reasons I want Siasia to be appointed as coach
Re: Austin Eguavoen Drop Yobo, Enyeama by honeric01(m): 6:50am On Oct 27, 2010
^^^^

I like Apam too, and i know these 2 are going to be our starting 5 and 6 in no time.

(1) (Reply)

Eboue Insults Nigeria!!! / A Comprehensive List Of Todays Football Matches / NBA Star Becomes The First Openly Gay Active Sports Man In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.