Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) (17558 Views)

Pictures Of Innoson Manufacturing Plant In Nnewi, Anambra / MIMSHAC-MERKAVIM: First Vehicle Plant In South-South Nigeria Nears Completion / Africa’s Richest Man, Aliko Dangote, To Set Up Peugeot Assembly Plant In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by JimohMomoh: 2:37pm On Aug 30, 2019
I think stable electricity and better security attracted them to Ghana

4 Likes

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by martowskin1(m): 2:37pm On Aug 30, 2019
Cutealexio:
We shouldn't be bitter about this development in Ghana, not all investors will be in Nigeria. What we want is development in Africa, especially in West Africa which has been overtaken by North and Southern Africa.

This is a lazy man thinking, we have the largest market in Africa, do we should be able to make deals, we are the big brother... They should depend on us no the other way round

But what do I know, when we still dey find presido first living certificate

6 Likes

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by Just2endowed2(m): 2:38pm On Aug 30, 2019
Nbote:

Why not comment on d post ? Were dey not all in d meeting together? While he was posing for photos with d Toyota CEOs, the Ghanaians were talking business but yet all ur brain has being programmed to process is IPOB related issues

buhari doesn't know how to market Nigeria. during his first tenure, he demarket nigeria very well and make sure investors were chased away. He should have set up a minister of investment and trade. I remember during jonathan admins, there was this minister of investment and trade-cant remember his name, that guy can sweet talk.

so many thinhg wrong with Nigeria. Mentality of kidnapping anyone on highway has made nigeria not to be favorable to investors

12 Likes

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by TSRC: 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2019
gabicon:
we need to think deeply about these things. It will be foolish for Toyota to setup an assembly plant in Nigeria because Nigeria does have a market for new automobile. let's analyze it, in Japan, USA, UK, Germany etc, a graduate who gets his first job can afford to buy a new car via a flexible payment plan. We don't have such a system in Nigeria, instead the likes of Coscharis, Innoson, and Nissan that assemble cars in Nigeria have to depend on banks, a few companies, government purchase via civil service, security agency, and MDA's to survive. Toyota coming to Nigeria will simply mean that they are here to compete for government purchases it simply doesn't make any business sense. And before we point fingers at Buhari, this trend has been in play for more than 20years, Nigeria has a huge population with low purchasing power that can't afford new vehicles.
So Ghana has it.?
I hope you know we are talking about Ghana here not Switzerland.
There are far more people that can afford cars in Nigeria than Ghana.
They didn't come because of poor leadership.

Simple and short.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by TSRC: 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2019
Cutealexio:
We shouldn't be bitter about this development in Ghana, not all investors will be in Nigeria. What we want is development in Africa, especially in West Africa which has been overtaken by North and Southern Africa.
We should be bitter.
These are the kind of investments that should be coming here.
The smaller ones can go else where.

There is no pan Africanism anymore. Wake up.

7 Likes

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by TSRC: 2:45pm On Aug 30, 2019
Buhari is in Japan and not once did he even take pictures with Ngozi okonjo iweala let alone use her contacts for the benefits of Nigeria.

And you have to.wonder what the old man went to Japan to do with on all expense paid trip by our oil money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by xxxXXXxxx: 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2019
It is high time policy makers sit up in this country,this doesn't sound well from a Nigerian perspective. This is a country with probably Toyota's biggest market in Africa. So in simple words,they plan to assemble in Ghana and sell in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by blacksta(m): 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2019
Weathered:
I said it, free trade in Africa is to Nigeria's detriment.

We don't have power and security, so multinational companies will be siting industries in neighbouring countries with better electricity supply and at same time targeting Nigeria's 200 million market, the largest in Africa.

What a cursed country
And worthless leaders.

only sensible comment on this thread

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by TSRC: 2:50pm On Aug 30, 2019
naptu come and tell us what your president was doing while Ghana was signing important deals.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by Reference(m): 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2019
If this is true I hope this will anger enough citizens of this country to demand for better governance.

Folks, all the distractions of ethnicity and religion we feast on is not helping us. It is destroying us. It is distracting us from what really matters in life which is peace and prosperity.

We have to raise the standards of governance. Gone should be the days of citizen docility, gone should be the days of citizen ignorance, gone should be the days when we elect leaders on a whim, sentiment and vague promises of eldorado. Nationals of other climes have specific, definitive, quantitative issues they demand before election.

Trump promised to revive American manufacturing and confront the imbalance of Chinese trade. This is a specific, measurable promise and electoral campaign demand. If only we can hold our leaders to specific performance indices, specific items of delivery and specific timescales we will get better out of them.

From where I sit it is as if the Ghanian people sent their leader to Japan to get 'something', Something they had demanded he do before empowering him with their vote. Nigerians were busy arguing IPOB, G7 invite, ADB Chairman, Macron, Trump and everything that has no bearing whatsoever on their lives, futures and destinies. Will I be surprised that because no demand is made of our leadership, post Japan no meaningful deliverables will come to Nigeria....

This country is just annoying and the people of this country are mentally sick.... totally useless...

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by TSRC: 2:54pm On Aug 30, 2019

2 Likes

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by Xmen149(m): 2:54pm On Aug 30, 2019
wish Toyota well Na,.you want to run to US , Canada,Australia etc,.yet u want Toyota to run enter here.Brother! that thing tgat is pursuing you is same thing that is pursuing them.

congrats to Ghana,nice one

4 Likes

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by saintaustine(m): 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2019
Ghana's Economy is gradually coming up.

I just weep for my country Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by wavylevel: 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2019
What does Buhari know apart from Cow Science.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by engrchykae(m): 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2019
Mandyoluchi:
Ghana, the real giant of Africa
the asante man

1 Like

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by engrchykae(m): 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
TSRC:
And buhari is in the same Japan o.

He allowed a country of less than 30million people to out maneuver him.

We have never had it this bad.
unless if the japanese will site the plant in katsina or kano.
a buhari that stopped the first light monorail in lagos state in 1983.
the man is pro north and anti south

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by shiwex: 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
Bad news for Nigeria......really bad news. We drive more toyotas' than the whole of Afrca combined and we still cant get this deal.

6 Likes

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by Zane2point4(m): 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2019
kmcutez:
For the South to progress, we need to separate from the North. All they care about is holding on to power. Nigeria can burn for all they care.
Thos people are too backward, and the worst is they dont want to civilize and move ahead, using religion to tie us down,we can't move ahead with such ppl and even in governance, na only cattle they're good at.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by TSRC: 3:07pm On Aug 30, 2019
shiwex:
Bad news for Nigeria......really bad news. We drive more toyotas' than the whole of Afrca combined and we still cant get this deal.
Blame your president.
Even a president with an IQ of 70 should be able to convince the Japanese on the merits.

Very sad indeed.
Our FDI inflow is at an all time low. This is not a coincidence.
We are being governed by slowpokes.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 30, 2019
Exactly what should have come to Nigeria but instability and nepotistic internal politics wouldn't let us make progress.
It's also good to note that, as much as they are setting up the assembly in Ghana, their target market is Nigeria.
That's to say, our foreign reserve will go in to Ghana, pay the staffs at the assembly (employment) and the remaining, the Japanese takes back to Japan.

4 Likes

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by Reference(m): 3:08pm On Aug 30, 2019
All I can see folks here saying is, What do you expect, what do you expect..... this is just annoying. I will tell you what citizens of other countries expect. They expect to engage their leaders in proper plans and programmes to move their countries forward and they follow up these expectations with torrid pressure to perform, to deliver them.

We have a serious citizen problem in this country. We simply cannot bring ourselves collectively to move forward. I repeat again. Every enlightened Nigerian should be angry, incensed at this development because we know what it means for our economy down the line. Our paltry wealth will be moving to Ghana soon.

We should be as concerned as Americans when a single plant moves to Mexico or Canada and we know how Trump has fought and fought to have production, jobs and wealth retained in America. Why can't we demand this of our leaders....

I tell you why. That is not our priority. Our priority is tribe, religion and sentiment. We are too distracted to demand and have better governance. We simply do not have any values.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by higgs: 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2019
The number of Toyota cars in Nigeria is probably greater than the population of Ghana and yet Toyota is building their assembly plant in Ghana.We need competent leadership.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by TSRC: 3:12pm On Aug 30, 2019
Reference:
All I can see folks here saying is, What do you expect, what do you expect..... this is just annoying. I will tell you what citizens of other countries expect. They expect to engage their leaders in proper plans and programmes to move theor countries forwatrd and they follow up these exoectatiins with torrid oressre to perform, to deluver them.

We have a srserious citizen problem in this country. We simply cannot bring ourselves collective to move forward. I repeat again. Every enlightened Nigerian should be angry, incensed at this development because we know what it means for our economy down the line. Our paltry wealth will be moving to Ghana soon.

We should be as concerned as Americans when a single plant moves to Mexico or Canada and we know how Trump has fought and fought to have production, jobs and wealth retained in America. Why can't we demand this of our leaders....

I tell you why. That is not our priority. Our priority is tribe, religion and sentiment. We are too distracted to demand and have better governance. We simply do not have any values.
How many of them understand the implications of this.?
Our oil wealth would be flowing straight to Ghana at an alarming rate.
And given their anti Nigerian sentiment, that is not something we should be doing.

Instead of electing sound people with the economy as their focal point, they elected an idiot with integrity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
Davash222:

Why did Ghana attract Toyota while Nigeria, giant of Africa(indeed) attracts only handshakes

They know your leader is a Business destroyer.

He has started reading written articles abroad.

Allow him talk by himself and hear what he will say about Nigerian youths.

1 Like

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by loganx: 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
One of the key objectives of this deal is to be able to ship Toyota cars assembled in Ghana to Nigeria market at minimal cost - Nigeria is the primary target

4 Likes

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by TSRC: 3:17pm On Aug 30, 2019
loganx:
One of the key objectives of this deal is to be able to ship Toyota cars assembled in Ghana to Nigeria market at minimal cost - Nigeria is the primary target
If I were buhari ,I would block all import.
We don't reward bad behavior.
Fucvkk the ACFTA deal.
Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by ken6488(m): 3:20pm On Aug 30, 2019
TSRC:

Fucvkk the ACFTA deal.
grin As far it is not cow forget it

grin Since the day buhari won the second tenure

grin I just lost hope in Nigeria till 2023

3 Likes

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by TSRC: 3:22pm On Aug 30, 2019
ken6488:
Too bad.
Nigeria is like a Ferrari running on a V-boot engine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by AK481(m): 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2019
what exactly did buhari go to japan to do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by Reference(m): 3:30pm On Aug 30, 2019
TSRC:

Fucvkk the ACFTA deal.

Then smuggling will go through the roof. Maybe better for those who see the civil service as their inheritance since the Customs Service will have to recruit enough people to form a human chain round Nigeria. That is not the solution.

When you face an unmovable force the only way to avoid being crushed is not to build a useless wall but to create a pressure equilibrium, an equal and opposite force. I tell you how.

Find another automaker that can rival Toyota and give them a deal they cannot refuse. While the two giants fight each other on the west coast you make your indigenous makers your top priority. Like I said days ago. Every cutting edge industrialist should be on speed dial to Mr. President day and night. And as a President you should have them in a cluster meeting every month for synergy and strategic objectivity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by TSRC: 3:30pm On Aug 30, 2019
ken6488:

grin Since the day buhari won the second tenure

grin I just lost hope in Nigeria till 2023
Unfortunate he is going to be endorsing our next.president when we should be running away from any thing buhari.

In 2023, the first criteria we should be looking for in a camdidate is how can you create jobs, attract investment and rejuvenate the economy.
The person must have no track records of theft or criminality, but our priority should be economic competence.
We don't need someone that would leave their shop and be chasing thief.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Ways To Make Your Car Battery Last Longer / BMW Runs Rings Around Audi On Twitter. / Car Caught Fire At LAUTECH Senate Building (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.