Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Migration: The Long Road To Canada - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Migration: The Long Road To Canada (38819 Views)

Traffic On Abuja-Keffi Expressway As Army Blocks Road To Stop Shiites (Photos) / Access Road To Awka Millennium City(photos) / Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 30, 2019
chillychill:

Pack which things.. Baba leave luggage just put me inside ur bag I'll b looking for things wen I get dere abeg
hahaaa lol.. oya com make we go!
Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by DexterousOne(m): 8:49pm On Aug 30, 2019
planetx:
Lol fake hope is an understatement.

Someone going to Canada is going there so their young /unborn kids get a headstart

Even in America

It's often the second generation that breaks in and makes it

The first generation (those that came) may struggle
But their descendants will fit in.

Fleeing a failed and finished country is the fundamental human right of humans

As long as they fit in and be law abiding and productive

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by chillychill(f): 8:49pm On Aug 30, 2019
AccessME:
hahaaa lol.. oya com make we go!

Make we jam for oshodi abeg any fair girl with ijab just call am Chillychill lobatan cheesy which day we go commot abeg koshe duro wo grin(I hope u understand Yoruba)
Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by damzy88: 9:06pm On Aug 30, 2019
DexterousOne:

Someone going to Canada is going there so their young /unborn kids get a headstart

Even in America

It's often the second generation that breaks in and makes it

The first generation (those that came) may struggle
But their descendants will fit in.

Fleeing a failed and finished country is the fundamental human right of humans

As long as they fit in and be law abiding and productive
You have time to reply the dude shaa. I see him jump on every thread that involves Canada like he has been denied their visa before. I just weak for the guy I swear. smiley
Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by DexterousOne(m): 9:29pm On Aug 30, 2019
damzy88:
You have time to reply the dude shaa. I see him jump on every thread that involves Canada like he has been denied their visa before. I just weak for the guy I swear. smiley

You never can tell really
Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by Nature8(m): 9:40pm On Aug 30, 2019
B3sty:
No matter How Long it Takes to Get There, (We) Shall Get There someday! Canada..., My Dream Country!

Amen cheesy
Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 30, 2019
Awe4luv:
as for me I just have a question, pls if u travel to canada using a visiting/tourist visa, I understand u need to have a resident permit to get a job there, but my question is after like 2 years of living there can't u apply for this permanent resident of a thing while already there...?, 2. wouldn't it be much more easier that way rather than doing the Express entry from Nigeria.....

I need help with those questions thanks.......
canada is not usa or uk. They won't even give you tourist visa. And unlike us or uk u cant work illegally so easily. So its not an option as you will likely die of hunger and cold too

4 Likes

Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by Obakoolex(m): 11:13pm On Aug 30, 2019
If you dey follow follow make you open eyes!!!

One man food is another man's poison....if you are destined to make it here in Nigeria and travel abroad later for shopping and holidays and you force yourself now..hmmmn some odd jobs you can't do in your father's land will be your only choice to survive.

2 Likes

Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by rosebuzz(f): 2:10am On Aug 31, 2019
Tina26:
canada is not usa or uk. They won't even give you tourist visa. And unlike us or uk u cant work illegally so easily. So its not an option as you will likely die of hunger and cold too
Pls what about visit visa? Can I use that to get a job?
Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by Nobody: 2:29am On Aug 31, 2019
rosebuzz:
Pls what about visit visa? Can I use that to get a job?
no.. if u are caught working with fake documents or another persons documents . U will be arrested and deported
Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by 9jaRealist: 2:51am On Aug 31, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Nigeria is overpopulated, allow people to migrate in peace!!! this is not an issue because our population is too large already.

We don't mind poor uneducated people emigrating... grin
>
Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by 9jaRealist: 3:06am On Aug 31, 2019
ednut1:
In the 70s and 80s some people snubbed chances to go to usa and uk because they believed in nigeria . Today some of them dey regret. As for me and my unborn. Its canada or nothing

You think the US of the 1970s is the same as the US of these days for Nigerians/Africans? shocked

Our parents/grandparents who ventured to the US back in the 1970s were sometimes the only Nigerians/Africans in the school or even state, city, county, or neighbourhood. When they wanted goat meat, they had to go out to farms in the boondocks to kill and butcher the goat themselves. Instead of eba or poundo with good Nigerian soup, they had to settle for Farina or wholewheat with a "soup" of spinach. When they needed to make a call, it was usually the most EXPENSIVE expenditure of the month (most could not even afford to call once a month) because the volume/traffic of calls to Africa didn't justify cheaper rates, and there were no Nollywood or Nigerian/African music or entertainment.

These days, you can emigrate to "in the abroad" and not only have state meetings but can even join a VILLAGE union, go to as many Naija parties and weddings as you please, as well as enjoy all of the culinary (eating) and entertainment choices as if you never left Naija - and can chat even with people in the remotest Nigerian villages on telephone, FaceTime or Whatsapp, without breaking the bank!
>

1 Like

Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by Majesticniyi(m): 3:11am On Aug 31, 2019
Awe4luv:
as for me I just have a question, pls if u travel to canada using a visiting/tourist visa, I understand u need to have a resident permit to get a job there, but my question is after like 2 years of living there can't u apply for this permanent resident of a thing while already there...?, 2. wouldn't it be much more easier that way rather than doing the Express entry from Nigeria.....

I need help with those questions thanks.......

I normally don't answer questions on threads like this but something tells me you genuinely want to know so I would reply you.

1. Don't come to Canada if you arent coming with genuine papers and legal documents. It would be hell.

2. If you come in with tourist visa, you can practically do nothing in this country. You can't get a Social Insurance Number (SIN) with that visa so you cant open a bank account, get a SIM card etc only to talk of getting a job.

3. You always mostly can never convert to work permit. It has been known to happen but it's rare and hard. You could do some underG work and get paid cash but believe me, you would be better off living in Naija.

4. If you could get a work permit, excellent! It's always hard to get sha. Canada is a hard country to get into except you are coming as a permanent resident.

5. If you do get a work permit and you are here, you could
a. Go to school and use that to gain points for express entry
b. Get your employer to give you what is called LMIA and that raises your point for express entry too.

However, Canada is sweet basically for PRs and Citizens. If you come in as anything else, na your money we go dey take drink tea and plant flowers. Life is sweet here for those who are here legally, no let anybody lie you say things are hard abroad...its a million times better than back home!!!

PS: Don't ever let any agent decieve you. The best way to travel abroad is by doing it yourself. Read, read and read...the information is always online. Reddit, Quora, Canadavisa forum and our own very Nairaland...other countries' infos can be found online too. DIY...AGENTS ARE SCAMS!!!!!!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by salford1: 3:13am On Aug 31, 2019
helinues:
What majority of people don't know is Canada visa is hard to get compared to Us visa

Nnna heh, Canada Na better country to relocate to.. Upon their proximity to violents neighbours USA and Mexico , you can never read mass shootings or sort..
There are mass shootings in Canada too, but not as common or even as 1/4 th much of the scale in the US. US population is like times 10 of Canada.
Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by salford1: 3:28am On Aug 31, 2019
9jaRealist:

When they wanted goat meat, they had to go out to farms in the boondocks to kill and butcher the goat themselves. Instead of eba or poundo with good Nigerian soup, they had to settle for Farina or wholewheat with a "soup" of spinach.
>
This still holds true in some parts of the US and most part of Canada. I still drive far into farms to kill and butcher goats. Goat farming is not even common in Canada because Oyinbo majorly keep goats as pets, for yoga and for milk consumption. The goats commonly found roaming the streets and disturbing the neighbourhoods in Nigeria are people''s favourite here. They are very intelligent animals. I still shreded spinach today which would be used in making egusi. I still buy wheat to make swallow, however; garri, poindo yam, and semo are common.

2 Likes

Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by Nreebge: 6:05am On Aug 31, 2019
horlakay:

If aussie deny u, u will lose more than half a million. Visa fee alone i's almost 600 dolls nw.......goodluck tho grin

Yes that i know but i can't just help it.
I love that country and if i made it to Australia,
Even in death am not coming back to naija.
I go die there ,resurrect there .

1 Like

Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by DexterousOne(m): 6:08am On Aug 31, 2019
9jaRealist:

We don't mind poor uneducated people emigrating... grin
>

That is the problem

It's mainly the skilled ones that are running away
If this sordid trend persists for another say 10 years

NIGERIA will be populated mainly by complete idiots (agbero /Oluomo levels; Almajiri, brainwashed IPOB members, etc) And looking at how the population within that sub class of people are growing in leaps and bounds

Lmao cheesy

Good luck NAIJA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by Nreebge: 6:13am On Aug 31, 2019
Majesticniyi:

I normally don't answer questions on threads like this but something tells me you genuinely want to know so I would reply you.

1. Don't come to Canada if you arent coming with genuine papers and legal documents. It would be hell.

2. If you come in with tourist visa, you can practically do nothing in this country. You can't get a Social Insurance Number (SIN) with that visa so you cant open a bank account, get a SIM card etc only to talk of getting a job.

3. You always mostly can never convert to work permit. It has been known to happen but it's rare and hard. You could do some underG work and get laid cash but believe me, you would be better off living in Naija.

4. If you could get a work permit, excellent! It's always hard to get sha. Canada is a hard country to get into expect you are coming as a permanent resident.

b. Get your employer to give you what is called LMIA and that raises your point for express entry too.

However, Canada is sweet basically for PRs and Citizens. If you come in as anything else, na your money we go dey take drink tea and plant flowers. Life is sweet here for those who are here legally, no let anybody lie you say things are hard abroad...its a million times better than back home!!!

PS: Don't ever let any agent decieve you. The best way to travel abroad is by doing it yourself. Read, read and read...the information is always online. Reddit, Quora, Canadavisa forum and our own very Nairaland...other countries' infos can be found online too. DIY...AGENTS ARE SCAMS!!!!!!

Thank you very much
Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by femysmart: 7:38am On Aug 31, 2019
AccessME:
Canada is my dream Country! If u with me let me see ur likes

Oluwa o.... see likes
Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by ttmacoy: 7:39am On Aug 31, 2019
The more the demographics change the more resistance from the people. Even us in Nigeria had our Ghana must go moment, any society will push back at some point including Canada.

DexterousOne:

Over the next two decades
The demographics will change even more drastically than it already has

Nothing wrong with that

1 Like

Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by Awe4luv(m): 7:45am On Aug 31, 2019
Majesticniyi:

3. You always mostly can never convert to work permit. It has been known to happen but it's rare and hard. You could do some underG work and get laid cash but believe me, you would be better off living in Naija.

4. If you could get a work permit, excellent! It's always hard to get sha. Canada is a hard country to get into expect you are coming as a permanent resident.

thanks a bunch, I really appreciate!
Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by ilemona4u: 10:33am On Aug 31, 2019
Thinkfree:
A very nice country once I'm one with my skills acquisition I will be their
what kind of skills pls if I may ask?
Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by iaatmguy(m): 11:17am On Aug 31, 2019
ttmacoy:
The more the demographics change the more resistance from the people. Even us in Nigeria had our Ghana must go moment, any society will push back at some point including Canada.

The fight for Ghanaians to be deported was because of their illegal migration, many a Nigerian going to Canada are going as documented, legal, permanent, migrants, which invariably and consequently makes them CITIZENS, There can only be resistance against illegal immigrants, do not be oblivious that after 1031 or so days of being in the country you can apply for citizenship. so no citizen is "bigger" than the other. CHEERS #youtoocanapply

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by ttmacoy: 5:16pm On Aug 31, 2019
I disagree that there can only be resistance against illegal migration, there is already growing resistance against legal migration in Canada as liberal as they are and such changes have to be carried out over time and with sensitivity. Even legal migration has an impact on demographics etc and brings both good and bad so there will always be a threshold at which people will push back and that applies to black, Asian or white countries.

That’s part of the rise in right wing politics across Europe etc with people rightly or wrongly feeling that they are losing their identities end jobs etc to migrants. This has always been and will always be.

iaatmguy:
The fight for Ghanaians to be deported was because of their illegal migration, many a Nigerian going to Canada are going as documented, legal, permanent, migrants, which invariably and consequently makes them CITIZENS, There can only be resistance against illegal immigrants, do not be oblivious that after 1031 or so days of being in the country you can apply for citizenship. so no citizen is "bigger" than the other. CHEERS #youtoocanapply
Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by DexterousOne(m): 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2019
ttmacoy:

Let's see how it goes

When the natives kicked as the Euroeqn settlers crowded them out (U.S. and Canada)
Did anything happen?
The Europeans still settled anyways

The Hispanics for exampleare here to stay in the USA

That ship sailed long ago
No amount of resistance will roll back this inevitable eventuality

1 Like

Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by DexterousOne(m): 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2019
ttmacoy:
I disagree that there can only be resistance against illegal migration, there is already growing resistance against legal migration in Canada as liberal as they are and such changes have to be carried out over time and with sensitivity. Even legal migration has an impact on demographics etc and brings both good and bad so there will always be a threshold at which people will push back and that applies to black, Asian or white countries.

That’s part of the rise in right wing politics across Europe etc with people rightly or wrongly feeling that they are losing their identities end jobs etc to migrants. This has always been and will always be.

cheesy cheesy

This world is full circle

You crowded out others cheesy cheesy

Now others are there to crowd you out

The ship has long sailed as I said
Too late
Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by maternal: 9:40pm On Aug 31, 2019
ttmacoy:

Even the most racist white Canadian knows the prosperity of the country depends on immigration. Any governement which gets elected will maintain the immigration level if not increase. Campaigning and being in the job are two different things. Remember the Europeans own their country. Only natives own north America and the Europeans changed the identity of the continent through immigration. How can you now shout for someone doing the same ?
Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by DexterousOne(m): 10:13pm On Aug 31, 2019
nextstep:
Such a waste for Nigeria that people get educated here, just to take their skills and apply them abroad. Our leaders really have no sense.

If you can port to Canada, I wholly support it!

That's the grim reality
Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by DexterousOne(m): 10:14pm On Aug 31, 2019
maternal:

Even the most racist white Canadian knows the prosperity of the country depends on immigration. Any governement which gets elected will maintain the immigration level if not increase. Campaigning and being in the job are two different things. Remember the Europeans own their country. Only natives own north America and the Europeans changed the identity of the continent through immigration. How can you now shout for someone doing the same ?

Precisely my point

But then

I believe nobody owns any land in the real sense of it

We found ourselves here

And we will exit the world via burial.....

The earth is ours to inhabit
Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by eyinola: 10:39pm On Aug 31, 2019
Nifidastero:
B
y don't u say 1,000,000% guarantee angry
Re: Migration: The Long Road To Canada by Awe4luv(m): 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2019
Majesticniyi:

3. You always mostly can never convert to work permit. It has been known to happen but it's rare and hard. You could do some underG work and get paid cash but believe me, you would be better off living in Naija.

4. If you could get a work permit, excellent! It's always hard to get sha. Canada is a hard country to get into except you are coming as a permanent resident.

hello bro please reply my pm, I would like to get one or two knowledge from you....thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unibadan (UIMSA) Student And Her Sister Involved In A Ghastly Accident (graphic) / Orangutan Attacks Man In A Zoo (Photos, Video) / Longest Super Highway In Akwa Ibom Nears Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.