Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,926 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Is Jesus The Only Way To Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus The Only Way To Heaven? (207 Views)

M Skid Responds To Maraji's "Jesus Is The Only Way" Claim / Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Jesus The Only Way To Heaven? by OBJlive: 4:25pm On Aug 30, 2019
How is Christianity different from every other religion in the world? The answer focuses on Jesus Christ, “the Son of the living God” (Matthew 16:16 ).

Christ means “anointed one.” It is the term for the ancient Hebrew word Messiah—the anointed one whom God would send to save His people. The first believers of the early Christian church recognized Jesus as the Messiah promised in the Old Testament. Their period of world history was full of discouragement and despair. The promised Messiah shone as a beacon in the darkness, and His light has never dimmed: “In Him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. … The true Light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world” (John 1:4, 9).

Today, as world leaders struggle with seemingly insurmountable problems, this darkening and menacing situation accentuates the brightness of the One who proclaimed, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness, but have the light of life” (John 8:12 ).
Jesus alone can offer eternal life because He is the only one who lived a sinless life and provided the perfect sacrifice for our sins by His death on the cross. He lived on earth as man, but was also divine. Because He was divine, He rose again three days after His death—the only one ever to die and come back to life on His own—then ascended into heaven. While the founders of various non-Christian religions of the world have died and been buried, Christ is very much alive !
Jesus was the only one to claim to be God and the only one to prove it. In His words, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6 ).

Because the Bible is God’s inspired Word and God cannot lie, it does not contradict itself or teach falsehoods. It is in this very Scripture that Jesus is revealed.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus The Only Way To Heaven? by CaveAdullam: 8:33pm On Aug 30, 2019
Yes na before ukon.
Re: Is Jesus The Only Way To Heaven? by Sheunma: 8:46pm On Aug 30, 2019
And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the loser.

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO - The Testimony That Got Sierra Leone Presidential Aide Sacked / Open Doors " Mountain Of Fire Ministries " / My Encounter With Jesus About The End Times Prior To Rapture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.