Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Nigeria: Nfiu Targets Chinese, India Companies Engaging In Illegal Mining - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Nfiu Targets Chinese, India Companies Engaging In Illegal Mining (6173 Views)

Debtor-states In Bigger Financial Mess As Banks Obey NFIU Order / LG Funds: Banks Reject Cheques Issued By Govs, Says NFIU / President Buhari Nominates Modibbo Tukur As New NFIU Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Nfiu Targets Chinese, India Companies Engaging In Illegal Mining by Blue3k2: 7:54pm On Aug 30, 2019
SLAP44:

I think you should push for the rule of law to be applied. There's no need fighting foreign miners if we allow foreign herdsmen to roam free.

To me, it makes no sense, herdsmen employ no one, kill and rape at will, pay no tax and degrade the environment.

Illegal miners just don't register their mining activities, but they register as construction companies according to the article above. R hey employ people and pay salaries.
Look at my points again.

If you want to support criminality do so. I thought you learned lesson but you're hard headed. I'll rebut the last paragraph then I'll leave you be.

If you dont register you dont have right to mine it's that simple. If you're registered as construction company do construction work. Who cares if they pay salaries boko haram pays its fighters. Illegal miners dont pay taxes on mineral mined and dont follow environmental laws. Your points are nonsensical the whole thread took turns refuting them at different angles.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Nfiu Targets Chinese, India Companies Engaging In Illegal Mining by SLAP44: 8:33pm On Aug 30, 2019
Blue3k2:

If you want to support criminality do so. I thought you learned lesson but you're hard headed. I'll rebut the last paragraph then I'll leave you be.

If you dont register you dont have right to mine it's that simple. If you're registered as construction company do construction work. Who cares if they pay salaries boko haram pays its fighters. Illegal miners dont pay taxes on mineral mined and dont follow environmental laws. Your points are nonsensical the whole thread took turns refuting them at different angles.

Somehow, you just conveniently refused to talk about the fulani herdsmen who are also not registered like miners and yet has killed more than 20,000 Nigeria people while miners hasn't killed anyone.

Where's your conscience?

That the whole world took turns talking me out of a point doesn't mean they are right. Right is right and selective application of the law is evil.
Re: Nigeria: Nfiu Targets Chinese, India Companies Engaging In Illegal Mining by Blue3k2: 8:41pm On Aug 30, 2019
SLAP44:

Somehow, you just conveniently refused to talk about the fulani herdsmen who are also not registered like miners and yet has killed more than 20,000 Nigeria people while miners hasn't killed anyone.

Where's your conscience?

That the whole world took turns talking me out of a point doesn't mean they are right. Right is right and selective application of the law is evil.

I mentioned both are wrong and should be prosecuted. Stop making dumb points. Reread the old replies where I said dont support criminality. Ok you're free support criminality just dont get caught engaging it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Nfiu Targets Chinese, India Companies Engaging In Illegal Mining by Cousin9999: 8:44pm On Aug 30, 2019
Illegal mining companies do not benefit Nigeria or any other nation. They're there to simply steal as much as they can without contributing to the local economy or preserving natural resources. These demons wreck the land and abuse workers, and put workers at way more risk.

Legal operations (generally) are held to a higher standard and there's at least some amount of accountability.

Africa is a beautiful continent. It's not some backwater to be looted by disgusting Asians and oyinbos.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Nfiu Targets Chinese, India Companies Engaging In Illegal Mining by Damod88: 10:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
SLAP44:

Where's your conscience?

Man be reasonable. The issue here is about illegal miners and not herdsmen. Your argument is based on hate and not rationality. I wonder how you cope with reasonable people in your community.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Nfiu Targets Chinese, India Companies Engaging In Illegal Mining by Damod88: 10:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
P
Cousin9999:
Illegal mining companies do not benefit Nigeria or any other nation. They're there to simply steal as much as they can without contributing to the local economy or preserving natural resources. These demons wreck the land and abuse workers, and put workers at way more risk.

Legal operations (generally) are held to a higher standard and there's at least some amount of accountability.

Africa is a beautiful continent. It's not some backwater to be looted by disgusting Asians and oyinbos.

I understand ur point. But u should understand that these illegal miners do all the illegal minings due to the protection they get from their Nigerian collaborators.Asians and Europeans see Africa as a dark continent that is only good for exploitation just because we are very weak. For as long as we continue to remain backward and weak ,for so long we are going to be exploited by the powerful countries.Could u imagine Nigerians doing illegal mining in either China or America?
Re: Nigeria: Nfiu Targets Chinese, India Companies Engaging In Illegal Mining by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 31, 2019
chaiiiiii this country tire me

Re: Nigeria: Nfiu Targets Chinese, India Companies Engaging In Illegal Mining by avalon7(m): 8:35am On Aug 31, 2019
Nice move jhoor... Tomorrow them go dey call nigerians scammers but na dem dey scam us la . #leavegboysalone #pursueherdsmen
Re: Nigeria: Nfiu Targets Chinese, India Companies Engaging In Illegal Mining by Blue3k(m): 2:19pm On Aug 31, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

Simon Ekpa Appoints Gen Innocent Orji As The Head Of Biafra Armed Forces- Pics / Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria / Benue: Appeal Court Nullifies APC Governorship Primary, Orders Re-run In 11 LGAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.