Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

America Born Nigerians Learning Yoruba Language In Uni Ibadan - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / America Born Nigerians Learning Yoruba Language In Uni Ibadan (571 Views)

Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) / Big Money, Big Trouble: The Story Of Nigeria’s Multi-billion Naira Transport Uni / What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

America Born Nigerians Learning Yoruba Language In Uni Ibadan by Greizman: 11:27pm On Aug 30, 2019
This is what parents in the diaspora should make their children do.
Do not forget your root. Let them learn the culture and tradition.
In contrary.. Parents in nigeria are busy teaching their kids English language and making our traditional languages go into extinction.
Some yoruba, igbo, hausa and othe tribes born and bred in Nigeria can't even speak the local dialect! It is so bad.
Let the schools teach them English and you speak the local dialect to them when they are home.
I often feel bad for some grandparents that can't communicate with their grandchildren because of barriers in language expression.
We should learn to promote our culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-FFXB7fPA

Credit.. BBC YORUBA
Re: America Born Nigerians Learning Yoruba Language In Uni Ibadan by Kidme: 9:24am On Aug 31, 2019
Greizman:
This is what parents in the diaspora should make their children do.
Do not forget your root. Let them learn the culture and tradition.
In contrary.. Parents in nigeria are busy teaching their kids English language and making our traditional languages go into extinction.
Some yoruba, igbo, hausa and othe tribes born and bred in Nigeria can't even speak the local dialect! It is so bad.
Let the schools teach them English and you speak the local dialect to them when they are home.
I often feel bad for some grandparents that can't communicate with their grandchildren because of barriers in language expression.
We should learn to promote our culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-FFXB7fPA

Credit.. BBC YORUBA

Hows this a news?......are moderators alive in this NL?
Re: America Born Nigerians Learning Yoruba Language In Uni Ibadan by Greizman: 1:11pm On Sep 02, 2019
Kidme:

Hows this a news?......are moderators alive in this NL?
I guess you expected Davido, chioma, Tonto, bbn, snake, etc
If you don't understand the topic.. No need to comment on it.
You made no sense.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been Caught Cheating In An Examination Hall? Share Your Experience / Please I Need To Travel From Berger To Benin, Where Can I Get A Car/bus / International Flight Resumption Is Not October - Hadi Sirika

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.