Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament (2033 Views)

Differences Between Demonic Initiation And Christian Spiritual Awakening / Yahweh(god) Of Old Testament Is Satan - Scriptural Proof Inside / The Difference Between The Old Testament And The New Testament. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by sonmvayina(m): 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Which of the Law? If you are referring to the law of Moses, it has been abolished.

Lol..very funny.

Who has power to abolish God's laws..?

Go on tell me..
Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by sonmvayina(m): 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Why not calm down and learn. The op is very correct in the points he has made so far.

Because you are co idolators...

Continue..
Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by Ken4Christ: 10:53pm On Jan 02, 2023
sonmvayina:

Lol..very funny.

Who has power to abolish God's laws..?

Go on tell me..

Romans 7:6
But now we are DELIVERED FROM THE LAW, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

The Jews who were given the law of Moses have been delivered from it because it brought curses to them instead of blessings.

Now, you want to carry the load they couldn't carry. You go kill yourself ooo.
Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by pressplay411(m): 10:59pm On Jan 02, 2023
In conclusion, What then is the Purpose of the Law?

Galatians 3:16-29
16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, "And to seeds," as of many, but as of one, "And to your Seed," who is Christ.
17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.
18 For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.
20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.
22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed.
24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by Kobojunkie: 11:20pm On Jan 02, 2023
pressplay411:
In conclusion, What then is the Purpose of the Law?
If you are referring to the Law of Moses, which is also the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel, it was to establish the State of Israel and bind the people of Israel to the Land which was chosen by Him, the Land of Canaan. That Law is forever and so is the Kingdom which God created using that Covenant. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by sonmvayina(m): 10:19am On Jan 03, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Romans 7:6
But now we are DELIVERED FROM THE LAW, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

The Jews who were given the law of Moses have been delivered from it because it brought curses to them instead of blessings.

Now, you want to carry the load they couldn't carry. You go kill yourself ooo.

Who has the right to abolish God's laws?
Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by sonmvayina(m): 10:22am On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If you are referring to the Law of Moses, which is also the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel, it was to establish the State of Israel and bind the people of Israel to the Land which was chosen by Him, the Land of Canaan. That Law is forever and so is the Kingdom which God created using that Covenant. undecided

You have spoken right this time...

I thought the devil was the one telling people to sin and disobey God's commandments, I never knew it was Paul(Christians)...
Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by AmeLonRo(m): 10:23am On Jan 03, 2023
In terms of the call of God, there is no difference between those he called in the old and the new testament. they all have similar characteristics.

Qualities of people God calls - How to get the call of God

How do you know or prepare for the call of God? What are the qualities of people that God calls?
That is the question I am answering in this video. God still calls people today. Most of the people called by God in the scriptures had some qualities or features in common.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWLoZCs-3bE
Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by Ken4Christ: 12:59pm On Jan 03, 2023
sonmvayina:

Who has the right to abolish God's laws?

The law of Moses was never God's original plan for man. It was put in place to regulate the life of the Jews until the fulfillment of his promise comes to pass.

God's plan is for us to live by faith. This is why Abraham was credited with righteousness just because he believed God.

However, there is a law of moral principles of life which existed before the law of Moses was given. And that law is placed in our conscience. It enables you to know what is good and bad.

But the law of Moses has been abolished by Christ because it was killing the Jews in their thousands.
Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On Jan 03, 2023
AmeLonRo:
In terms of the call of God, there is no difference between those he called in the old and the new testament. they all have similar characteristics.

Qualities of people God calls - How to get the call of God, How do you know or prepare for the call of God? What are the qualities of people that God calls? That is the question I am answering in this video. God still calls people today. Most of the people called by God in the scriptures had some qualities or features in common.
Stop using God's name to spread what are lies in this new year that we are in! undecided

For one, they are called to different Laws and Kingdoms, In addition, Jesus Christ clearly revealed that all of those who are of the Kingdom of God are greater than those of the Old Covenant. undecided
Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by sonmvayina(m): 4:16pm On Jan 03, 2023
Ken4Christ:

The law of Moses was never God's original plan for man. It was put in place to regulate the life of the Jews until the fulfillment of his promise comes to pass.

God's plan is for us to live by faith. This is why Abraham was credited with righteousness just because he believed God.

However, there is a law of moral principles of life which existed before the law of Moses was given. And that law is placed in our conscience. It enables you to know what is good and bad.

But the law of Moses has been abolished by Christ because it was killing the Jews in their thousands.

You have not answered my questions.

Again,
Who has the power to change God's laws?
Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by Ken4Christ: 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2023
sonmvayina:

You have not answered my questions.

Again,
Who has the power to change God's laws?

There are different laws. I am talking about the law of Moses given to the Jews. Christ has abolished that law and there are overwhelming experiences in the scripture that affirms it.
Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by sonmvayina(m): 4:32pm On Jan 03, 2023
Ken4Christ:

There are different laws. I am talking about the law of Moses given to the Jews. Christ has abolished that law and there are overwhelming experiences in the scripture that affirms it.

Every law Moses gave to the Israelites was given by God.

So again, I ask

Who has the power to abolish the law given by the creator of heaven and earth?

Why would God send his son(sic) to abolish his laws if by your argument they are one (trinity)

Does it make any sense to you?
Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by Ken4Christ: 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2023
sonmvayina:

Every law Moses gave to the Israelites was given by God.

So again, I ask

Who has the power to abolish the law given by the creator of heaven and earth?

God has abolished the law of Moses.
Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by sonmvayina(m): 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Hmmm really..

When ?
When did God abolish his laws...
When did God say he would send his son to abolish his laws?

(I need old testament quotes)
Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by pressplay411(m): 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2023
[code][/code]
Ken4Christ:

The key word is not "abolished."
Christ did not abolish or destroy the Law. Rather He fulfilled the law and His blood sacrifice delivered us from the curse of the Law once and for all.
Paul also corroborates this.

Jesus;
“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:17-20

Paul;
I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin. Romans 7:21-27

Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law. Romans 3:31
Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by AmeLonRo(m): 8:48pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop using God's name to spread what are lies in this new year that we are in! undecided

For one, they are called to different Laws and Kingdoms, In addition, Jesus Christ clearly revealed that all of those who are of the Kingdom of God are greater than those of the Old Covenant. undecided

Do you mean to say that those of the old covenant are not of the kingdom of God like those of the new covenant?
Please clarify.
Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On Jan 03, 2023
AmeLonRo:
Do you mean to say that those of the old covenant are not of the kingdom of God like those of the new covenant?
Please clarify.
■The Old Covenant is the Law of Moses, YHWH, and is essentially the National Constitution of the State of Israel given by God to the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. That Law only ever concerns those who are born in the land or live there among the Israelites. undecided
■The New Covenant, Jesus Christ is God's Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God — a constitution for a Kingdom that is not of this world— and an agreement God makes with only those who will believe in Jesus Christ aka those who are born-again. So, only those who believe and are born-again can be bound under this agreement which is Jesus Christ. undecided

Now, as God made clear in both Laws, it is against Him to attempt to live by both Laws at the same time — you sin because by so doing you attempt to change God's Law by your action thereby violating God's Law that no man add, remove or change His decree in any way. undecided
Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by Ken4Christ: 9:23pm On Jan 03, 2023
pressplay411:
[code][/code]

The key word is not "abolished."
Christ did not abolish or destroy the Law. Rather He fulfilled the law and His blood sacrifice delivered us from the curse of the Law once and for all.
Paul also corroborates this.

Jesus;
“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:17-20

Paul;
I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin. Romans 7:21-27

Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law. Romans 3:31

Scriptures must be interpreted in harmony with other scriptures that addresses the same issue.

There are scriptural evidences that the law has been abolished or canceled. Read them below;

Ephesians 2:14
Having ABOLISHED in his flesh the enmity, even the LAW OF COMMANDMENTS contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace.

Hebrews 7:18
For there is verily a DISANNULLING of the COMMANDMENT going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: FOR YE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW, but under grace.
Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by pressplay411(m): 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Scriptures must be interpreted in harmony with other scriptures that addresses the same issue.

There are scriptural evidences that the law has been abolished or canceled. Read them below;

Ephesians 2:14
Having ABOLISHED in his flesh the enmity, even the LAW OF COMMANDMENTS contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace.

Hebrews 7:18
For there is verily a DISANNULLING of the COMMANDMENT going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: FOR YE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW, but under grace.

1. Can you elaborate, what do you understand by these verses you shared?

2. Also, what did Christ mean when he says obey my commands? What commands was he referring to?
“If you love me, keep my commands."

3. What does practisng righteousness mean as a new creation in Christ, in the new covenant/testament?
Re: The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament by sonmvayina(m): 11:54am On Jan 04, 2023
Ken4Christ:

The Torah was written to protect us from worldly religions, false gods, idolatry, wickedness, unclean food, sicknesses, false prophets and to keep us from lawlessness. It can never be abolished and done away with or old..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Did Abraham Try To Sacrifice? / Let's Hit The JW Hard Again With The Truth. / Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.