Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,055 members, 7,814,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. (2015 Views)

Mami Water Worshipper Burns Bible (Photos) / Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) / Muslim Girl Converts To Christianity In Jos And It's Causing Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by Toeyota: 6:38pm On Mar 28
@General Ditari.

A popular bishop in Edo State has denounced Christianity,burn his Bible and embraced African Traditional Religion.

In his words, 'We have been deceiving and lying to people and staging miracles all these years. My conscience wouldn't allow me to continue with these lies. If you claim you can heal any sickness or perform any miracle with the name of Jesus, I challenge you to come forward."

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by Natbrowny: 6:40pm On Mar 28
Name of Bishop Please?

Wanna know if Google knows him as popular.

He should denounce his religion but shouldn't burn the Holy Book the religion believed in.

Imagine someone setting his new belief on fire..he wont like that.

Humans?

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by STEWpid(f): 6:42pm On Mar 28
Chai..

Wearing the same regalia to denounce the same faith?

I guess something else is going on there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by Truths9ja: 6:49pm On Mar 28
Toeyota:
@General Ditari.

A popular bishop in Edo State has denounced Christianity,burn his Bible and embraced African Traditional Religion.

In his words, 'We have been deceiving and lying to people and staging miracles all these years. My conscience wouldn't allow me to continue with these lies. If you claim you can heal any sickness or perform any miracle with the name of Jesus, I challenge you to come forward."
he’s never a bishop in the first place. He’s a clueless traditionalist. Why burning Bible? Why can’t he set his shrine ablaze. He’s a clueless traditionalist
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by Aboks(m): 6:53pm On Mar 28
Retarded old fool
Eti ya werey
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by insidelife22(m): 6:54pm On Mar 28
Some people would have been better off as comedians
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On Mar 28
Toeyota:
@General Ditari. A popular bishop in Edo State has denounced Christianity,burn his Bible and embraced African Traditional Religion. In his words, 'We have been deceiving and lying to people and staging miracles all these years. My conscience wouldn't allow me to continue with these lies. If you claim you can heal any sickness or perform any miracle with the name of Jesus, I challenge you to come forward."
He is tired of the scam that is Christianity. Here is hoping he will accord the same freedom of choice to others. 😁

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by shortgun(m): 7:26pm On Mar 28
Tinubu's bad economic policies have directly contributed to the current state of despair, leaving people feeling so hopeless that some are resorting to cursing God amidst the pervasive hunger and hardship.
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by tjmc: 7:41pm On Mar 28
Toeyota:
@General Ditari.

Someone has finally seen the light

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by obiekunie01: 7:51pm On Mar 28
Kobojunkie:
He is tired of the scam that is Christianity. Here is hoping he will accord the same freedom to choose to others. 😁

oga!

na where you stand self??

today u r defending abrahamic faith and quoting bible! next you are denouncing it!

pls stop confusing thunder!

@topic
bishop can return back to the true way of life called traditional religion( while in actual fact, it is NOT a religion parse, IT IS A WAY OF LIFE) without insulting the belief of others by burning their bible.

tradition is so pure that it has only three commands: treat others exactly how you will want to be treated. let the eagle perch and the kite perch he that refuses the other to perch should show it where to perch! there is time and season for everything - time to be born and time to die - do not try to interfere with the natural process - if there is no death there will be no re-incarnation therefore there will be no existence, we bury old yam to harvest new yam! OFOH!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Mar 28
obiekunie01:
oga! na where you stand self?? today u r defending abrahamic faith and quoting bible! next you are denouncing it! pls stop confusing thunder!
Your confusion has absolutely nothing to do with me. The God of Israel, along with His Son, Jesus Christ, disavowed religion. You would know this if you ever actually read the books written about them for yourself. Jesus Christ is famously known for condemning the religious leaders of His curse, distancing Himself from their doctrines and traditions which He famously regarded as antiChrist lies. undecided

What God of Israel, and His Son, Jesus Christ gave to men were Constitutional Laws to the very nations that they promised to me, and the only mandate given from God to men has been obedience to His Law — every teaching and commandment in it. undecided

Religion is not of God but of men, the same as their political and traditional systems. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:34pm On Mar 28
Kobojunkie:

Religion is not of God but of men, the same as their political and traditional systems. lipsrsealed

LIE!

There is true religion and false religions.

Jesus talked about false prophets who are the masterminds behind false religions does that mean there are no true prophets championing true religion? smiley
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:39pm On Mar 28
as much as anyone has the right to decide to leave any religion, they have NO RIGHT to burn a bible/Qur'an etc just to prove a point.
thats not only very insensitive, its also very dangerous!
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by ShoeGetSize: 9:07pm On Mar 28
He should embrace the stupidity called atheism which says that life originated from non life. That's where he belongs.

Kobojunkie:
He is tired of the scam that is Christianity. Here is hoping he will accord the same freedom of choice to others. 😁
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On Mar 28
ShoeGetSize:
He should embrace the stupidity called atheism which says that life originated from non life. That's where he belongs.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Those men in the OP's picture were themselves bishops, lying and deceiving people for many years. They were already atheists before this confession of theirs but they hid it behind lies for so long. What makes you think that you are not under men of the same caliber in your claim to religion? undecided
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by talk2hb1(m): 9:49pm On Mar 28
At least he is free from ...

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by AkinPhysicist: 9:54pm On Mar 28
Best decision.

Islam and Christianity are scams.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by ShoeGetSize: 10:29pm On Mar 28
I'm under Christ my Saviour with whom I have a personal relationship.

I do not take my doctrine or salvation from human sources so I'm not a perditissimi like you and those men.

Kobojunkie:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Those men in the OP's picture were themselves bishops, lying and deceiving people for many years. They were already atheists before this confession of theirs but they hid it behind lies for so long. What makes you think that you are not under men of the same caliber in your claim to religion? undecided
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by Kobojunkie: 10:36pm On Mar 28
ShoeGetSize:
■ I'm under Christ my Saviour with whom I have a personal relationship.
■ I do not take my doctrine or salvation from human sources so I'm not a perditissimi like you and those men.
Newsflash! You cannot claim to have a "personal" relationship with Jesus Christ if the dimensions of the relationship you claim to have with Him are as defined by your gods of men— religious leaders— and not by Jesus Christ Himself. So, don't fool yourself abeg! undecided

2. Jesus Christ condemned religion beginning with the religious leaders of His time. Yes, Judaism, the frontrunner of the religion of Christianity, was condemned by Jesus Christ. He not only dished out curses(woes) against the religious leaders in Judaism but Jesus Christ also denounced their doctrines and traditions, proclaiming them lies meant to deceive and delude many away from the Truth of God - AntiChrist. Jesus Christ had nothing good or remotely right to say of the religious leaders of His time, and for this, He was executed by them. undecided

For you to come here to defend religion, which Jesus Christ tasked His followers with avoiding, you obviously either think Jesus Christ was a liar and a fool, or you don't know Him at all. undecided
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by Seunpapa65: 10:38pm On Mar 28
cheesy
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by MindHacker9009(m): 11:05pm On Mar 28
Judaism is an Israeli traditional religion and the True religion of God.

The Book of Acts claims Three Thousand souls were added to the Church in just one day, and that daily the Church grew. Josephus was born in the year 37 CE. In "The Life of Josephus", he stated there were only three sects in existence when he was 16, and Christianity was not one of them.

"And when I was about sixteen years old, I had a mind to make trim of the several sects that were among us. These sects are three: - The first is that of the Pharisees, the second that Sadducees, and the third that of the Essenes, as we have frequently told you; for I thought that by this means I might choose the best, if I were once acquainted with them all; so I contented myself with hard fare, and underwent great difficulties, and went through them all."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGAXc9fqGVY
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by ShoeGetSize: 11:09pm On Mar 28
Having a personal relationship with Christ is a subjective experience meant only for those who have had a genuine conversion and acceptance of the substitutionary sacrifice of Christ.
As a perditissimi, someone like you will NEVER experience such a relationship because your time on earth as a perditissimi is simply to mark time before you spend eternity languishing in the flames along with your master Satan. Unless of course you accept the gift of salvation freely offered to you, eternity will be a grim experience for you.

Kobojunkie:
Newsflash! You cannot claim to have a "personal" relationship with Jesus Christ if the dimensions of the relationship you claim to have with Him are as defined by your gods of men— religious leaders— and not by Jesus Christ Himself. So, don't fool yourself abeg! undecided

Jesus condemned hypocrisy, not true religious devotion. He condemned those who used religion to massage their own egos and whose only purpose for doing good was to earn the praise of men, instead of doing God's will.
Jesus praised the examples of true and righteous manifestations of faith thar He came across. Your ignorance of Christian doctrine doesn't surprise me. I didn't expect anything less from you.

2. Jesus Christ condemned religion beginning with the religious leaders of His time. Yes, Judaism, the frontrunner of the religion of Christianity, was condemned by Jesus Christ. He not only dished out curses(woes) against the religious leaders in Judaism but Jesus Christ also denounced their doctrines and traditions, proclaiming them lies meant to deceive and delude many away from the Truth of God - AntiChrist. Jesus Christ had nothing good or remotely right to say of the religious leaders of His time, and for this, He was executed by them. undecided

I defended Christianity, not "religion." Religion is a broad and anomalous term that can include even the most absurd of ideologies. I can't defend all religion, I can only speak from the perspective of the Christian doctrine that I profess.
The label of fool and liar which you sought to bestow on the Holy Name of Christ, rightfully belongs to you because it fits your status as a perditissimi.

For you to come here to defend religion, which Jesus Christ tasked His followers with avoiding, you obviously either think Jesus Christ was a liar and a fool, or you don't know Him at all. undecided
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by Charmingrascal(m): 11:35pm On Mar 28
These are not Christians these are closet traditionalists who were hiding under Christianity. Now they have decided to be open about their devotion to the gods of their forefathers.
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by Kobojunkie: 11:37pm On Mar 28
ShoeGetSize:
■ Having a personal relationship[b] with Christ is a subjective experience meant only for those who have had a genuine conversion and acceptance of the substitutionary sacrifice of Christ.[/b] As a perditissimi, someone like you will NEVER experience such a relationship because your time on earth as a perditissimi is simply to mark time before you spend eternity languishing in the flames along with your master Satan. Unless of course you accept the gift of salvation freely offered to you, eternity will be a grim experience for you.
■ Jesus condemned hypocrisy, not true religious devotion. He condemned those who used religion to massage their own egos and whose only purpose for doing good was to earn the praise of men, instead of doing God's will. Jesus praised the examples of true and righteous manifestations of faith thar He came across. Your ignorance of Christian doctrine doesn't surprise me. I didn't expect anything less from you.
■ I defended Christianity, not "religion." Religion is a broad and anomalous term that can include even the most absurd of ideologies. I can't defend all religion, I can only speak from the perspective of the Christian doctrine that I profess.
■ The label of fool and liar which you sought to bestow on the Holy Name of Christ, rightfully belongs to you because it fits your status as a perditissimi.
1. A subjective experience yet Jesus Christ said gave all of His followers the exact same Law— teachings and commandments, including details of associated curses and blessings — which is Constitutional Law in the Kingdom of God which all His followers are mandated to obey. Jesus Christ said He is the Light and it is this exact same Light that all of HIs followers are to exude. Are you insinuating that what God does is He bends His Light that is Jesus Christ in such a way as to tailor fit Him(Jesus Christ) to the whims of the individuals who are His followers? Was the experience written about the disciples on the day of Pentecost a subjective experience? undecided

2. WOW!! You have never read the book yourself, have you? undecided

The God of Israel disavowed the shepherds of His time calling them all thieves who come to steal, to kill, and to destroy His flock - Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 31. Jesus Christ repeated the same message in His Gospel, declaring that not only was He the Last prophet sent from the God of Israel, but that He was also the good Shepherd - implying all other shepherds are bad shepherds - John 10 vs 7 - 16 - , and all others who come after Him claiming to be prophets are all frauds. Jesus Christ also said that He alone is teacher to all those who belong to Him insinuating that all others who come as teachers are frauds. undecided

So we see that Jesus Christ condemned all those who would approach others in His name claiming to be Shepherd, master, teacher, prophet, Head/authority -- all that your religious leaders do among other things — what makes you think Jesus Christ did not intend to completely cut off all religious leaders beginning with even those of His time? undecided

3. Christian doctrine which runs counter to the Truth as declared in the Gospel by Jesus Christ is what you defend so how can you claim to be of Him? undecided

4. I didn't bestow anything on Jesus Christ since it is instead those of you who practice that which contradicts His teachings and commandments while using His name that freely condemns him as such. lipsrsealed
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by BscHolder: 12:07am On Mar 29
obiekunie01:

oga!

na where you stand self??

today u r defending abrahamic faith and quoting bible! next you are denouncing it!

pls stop confusing thunder!

@topic
bishop can return back to the true way of life called traditional religion( while in actual fact, it is NOT a religion parse, IT IS A WAY OF LIFE) without insulting the belief of others by burning their bible.

tradition is so pure that it has only three commands: treat others exactly how you will want to be treated. let the eagle perch and the kite perch he that refuses the other to perch should show it where to perch! there is time and season for everything - time to be born and time to die - do not try to interfere with the natural process - if there is no death there will be no re-incarnation therefore there will be no existence, we bury old yam to harvest new yam! OFOH!

as the name implies Kobojunkie is a drug addict
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by Plus1234: 12:18am On Mar 29
Kobojunkie:
I always know you are Antichrist,it gives you joy to go against the Lord and his Word.I can see you smiling because someone burn the Bible.Because of your endless attack on the Body Of Christ,I pray that evil locate you wherever you are on this planet.May your life be full of regrets upon regrets.
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by Kobojunkie: 12:20am On Mar 29
Plus1234:
I always know you are Antichrist,it gives you joy to go against the Lord and his Word.I can see you smiling because someone burn the Bible. Because of your endless attack on the Body Of Christ, I pray that evil locate you wherever you are on this planet.May your life full of regrets upon regrets.
This from someone who denies every statement spoken by Jesus Christ — The Word of God Himself —written right there in the Gospels? HA! HA!! tongue
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by Kobojunkie: 12:36am On Mar 29
Truths9ja:
he’s never a bishop in the first place. He’s a clueless traditionalist. Why burning Bible? Why can’t he set his shrine ablaze. He’s a clueless traditionalist
What is his name and what is the location? undecided
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by Kobojunkie: 12:38am On Mar 29
AkinPhysicist:
Best decision. Islam and Christianity are scams.
Na only those two you know say na scam? undecided
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by Kobojunkie: 12:39am On Mar 29
Charmingrascal:
■ These are not Christians these are closet traditionalists who were hiding under Christianity. ■ Now they have decided to be open about their devotion to the gods of their forefathers.
But that is what most Nigerian Christians are, with their covering everything in blood, using their bibles as though a book of incantation, calling down fire on this enemy and that enemy, etc. grin

2. Devotion to gods of which fathers? Fathers they know or the ones dey abandoned long ago for gutter somewhere? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by Plus1234: 12:39am On Mar 29
Kobojunkie:
This from someone who denies every statement spoken by Jesus Christ — The Word of God Himself —written right there in the Gospels? HA! HA!! tongue
I repeat ,may evil locate you and your family.
Re: Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. by Kobojunkie: 12:45am On Mar 29
Plus1234:
I repeat ,may evil locate you and your family.
Jesus Christ commanded His followers to love their enemies, and to pray FOR, NOT AGAINST them. But clearly, to you, Jesus Christ is nothing but some fool who spoke words, right? Yet you wish for us to believe that your religion is tied to the very same man whose words you obviously abhor! Worse, you think you are better than the men in the OP who have probably chosen to no longer scam themselves in the name of religion at least. WOW... sad sad sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fanaticism: Good Or Bad? / Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? / Why Did Jesus Convert Water To Wine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.