Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

My Tallest Ambition-i Want To Change Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Tallest Ambition-i Want To Change Nigeria (747 Views)

Is Kashim Zanna, The Chief Judge Of Borno State The Tallest Judge In Nigeria? / Buhari Is The Tallest Nigerian Leader Ever: Photo / Do Religious Centers Have The Power To Change Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tallest Ambition-i Want To Change Nigeria by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 26, 2010
As I sat before Delft University student international co-cordinator(Dutch man), one thing preoccuppied my mind-'How will I change Nigeria'. When he asked what I plan doign after graduation, I retorted without hesitation that I will go back to Nigeria to effect any little changes I can. He laughed and remarked, ' thats a tall ambition man, I dont think you will do that, you will be killed, the monsters are still alive and Nigerians dont want changes. or do you think they dont know how to do it? I know you will reconsider your proposal soon.' As I trudged back to the class, my mind was heavy and I could not stop thinking if this ambition of mine was like a wild goose chase. It seem complex than my reservoir simulation or modelling reservoir architecture of a particular basin with all the development scenario. This concern people, monsters, dictators, varities of tribes, the selfish, the liars, the religious bigotry and the likes. It seem really complex but achievable I thought. I have never failed before and I dont think I will now. Within a year in the Netherlands, I have travelled to many European countries in the company of the Dutch for academic trainings, fieldwork and conferences but my mind always go to Nigeria- How to make my beloved country to be like Europe. I conceived this idea back in Nigeria shortly after my maternal died of a brief illness that could have been treated. It was accentuated when a young fellow I knew died too just because of insignificant fever or so. I thought joining the Millitary will be the best way to change Nigeria for good. As I applied to join NDA, I was told I need recommendation letters from a millitary personnel and coupled with my christian background that it was ungodly to plan a bloodshed coup even if I have a good mind. Again that avenue was frustrated, to be continued
Re: My Tallest Ambition-i Want To Change Nigeria by chosen04(f): 7:59am On Oct 26, 2010
jojohnson:

I thought joining the Millitary will be the best way to change Nigeria for good. As I applied to join NDA, I was told I need recommendation letters from a millitary personnel and coupled with my christian background that it was ungodly to plan a bloodshed coup even if I have a good mind. Again that avenue was frustrated, to be continued

With the bolded above . . . . . . . , .Change is impossible!!!!!!!
Re: My Tallest Ambition-i Want To Change Nigeria by djayxpro: 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2010
CHANGE IS POSSIBLE take a look at Ghana

@poster
i advice you start by influencing a small group positively.

'long for many brothers to help carry, help keep you sane' says a poem written by a friend. get peeps to help out, bro
Re: My Tallest Ambition-i Want To Change Nigeria by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 27, 2010
Then, I learnt the first lesson of what I should fight against If I have the opportunity. Nepotism and unfair connection preventing the hardworking but poor masses from coming to the limelight. Making the possibility of the low ranked but intelligent children of the poor whose only God is their connection, malignantly tenuous and tidious to break into the cycle of the elite. I need a fair system in Nigeria that will herald competition under clean and uninfluenced plaforms. Lesson one so to say.

Secretely as evildoer, dejected but determined I made my way into the University. I had wanted to be a medical doctor. My thought was that I will build big, standardized, internationally recognized medical centres randomly distributed in the villages of every states where the poor, the underpriviledged, the abused, the rejected, the uneducated, and the common masses of the society can have access to free medical treatment.. As a village student myself, I had read my books with candle and local lanttern. Stupid of me I scored two hundred and something!!!!, they offered me Botany instead of Medicine. I declined Botany because what will I do for Nigeria if I studied Botany so I thought?. I have to act fast. I must not faint. Transformers and Reformers dont faint though they sometimes fail. Then an idea resurged in me. yea! perfect, I could study Geosciences, work in oil indsutry and make big money, then build this medical centre and influnce Nigeria. I knew I have to work hard because I was nobody, my father wasnt known neither my family but I was already feeling like Moses of the Bible sent to deliver the people of Isreal. Luagh, How thoughts easily become seeds that grow into reality that pushes one beyond common sense. I knew I have to get a first class but how?. I was trained in a village school where the teachers cannot even solve mathematics and physics. Infact only three of all the student did sciences and among the three I was the only one that took physics but I knew I was intellectually blessed but the exposure was lacking. Lesson Number two, there are lots of brains wasting away in Nigeria because they lack exposure. I have to address that if I ever came to lime light in Nigeria, to be continued,
Re: My Tallest Ambition-i Want To Change Nigeria by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 01, 2010
@ choosen04 and djay x-pro, Thank you for your contribution. I am just trying to compile what I think Nigeria is facing based on my experience so far. I have also done a lot to make a difference wherever I find myself but it is like emptying the ocean with a tea spoon. Hopefully, it will make volumes of book that can be published. Who knows maybe the then president and stake holders in Nigeria can learn from it and address these problems. It seem to me that our leaders lack ideas or they just wanted us to remain stagnant as a country.

(1) (Reply)

Case For Split Of Nigeria Into Manageable Units / Aba: Rev. Father Absolved Of Involvement With Kidnappers. / Aregbesola May Dissolve Osun Lgs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.