Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola (5129 Views)

Bola Tinubu: The Pains Of A Godfather By Remi Oyeyemi / Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) / 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by MiKenny(f): 8:14am On Oct 26, 2010
LAGOS—Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, weekend, dropped a bombshell on the public perception of him being a stooge of his former boss, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, saying he (Tinubu) is not a godfather to him but a political mentor.

It will be recalled that the public and the media had been awash with different versions of stories on the frosty relationships between the incumbent Governor Fashola and his predecessor, Tinubu, which was finally buried following intervention by prominent personalities.

Fashola made the remarks on Sunday while answering questions from the audience at a grand house reception in his honour as well as to mark the Nigeria 50 independence anniversary held at the Coliseum, Night Shift event place in Lagos.

He said: “I do not have a godfather. I have a political mentor in our Governor Emeritus, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and I respect him a lot.

“I want to acknowledge a man who is so important in my life, an inspirational leader He was the one who gave me the opportunity of public service for a very first time in my life.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/i-dont-have-a-godfather-fashola/
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by kaypumpin2(m): 9:20am On Oct 26, 2010
Semantics!
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 26, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Semantics!

My thots
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by marvix(m): 11:41am On Oct 26, 2010
The difference between a Godfather and a mentor in Nigerian politics is the difference btw six and half a dozen.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by Abayomin70(m): 11:52am On Oct 26, 2010
na lie d guy dey talk tinubu na im GOD father
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by Youngichou(m): 11:57am On Oct 26, 2010
Abayomin70:

na lie d guy dey talk tinubu na im GOD father
lol
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by bibiking1(m): 12:01pm On Oct 26, 2010
those are not six eggs, that's half a dozen!
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by akings100: 12:10pm On Oct 26, 2010
Your Excellency sir, that is incorrect. How come you emerge as the AC flag bearer seeing  that you were the last entrant into the governorship race in 2007 if you have no godfather? cheesy cheesy cheesy Can you tell Lagosians what made Mr Jimi Agbaje to broke away. . It no news that you were imposed by powers that be. shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by juman(m): 12:15pm On Oct 26, 2010
Mi_Kenny:

He said: “I do not have a godfather. I have a political mentor in our Governor Emeritus, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and I respect him a lot.
Yeah. Asiwaju Tinubu is not his god father. Lagos state is different from the rest of the country o. This is a civilized state. Lagos leads others follow. Up Lagos!!!
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by Kobojunkie: 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2010
juman:

Yeah. Asiwaju Tinubu is not his god father. Lagos state is different from the rest of the country o. This is a civilized state. Lagos leads others follow. Up Lagos!!!
And the sun is green!
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by Jarus(m): 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Semantics!
abi o
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by stormm: 12:34pm On Oct 26, 2010
juman:

hahahahahahahaha. Another unreasoning politico. Keep smoking weed.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by mrofficial(m): 1:00pm On Oct 26, 2010
Nigerians shaaa must complain. Now someone could open his mouth and say he was imposed. whether imposed or not, I don't care! Lagos haters, shio!
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by angelz(f): 1:02pm On Oct 26, 2010
for the fact that Tinubu brougt him into politics doesnt make him his God father.
Not every1 like bin a God father. so if u guys says the gov, is using semantics to confuse pple fine.
he may not really be his God father.
Y dont u want to believe politicians wen they say sth,even wen the few good ones are sayin the truth.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by mbulela: 2:02pm On Oct 26, 2010
of what relevance is this?
You can call him whatever you which as long as he does not mislead you.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by bleufaucon: 2:24pm On Oct 26, 2010
maybe he's got a godmother instead, tinubu's mother perhaps.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by Basics007: 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2010
Read the title and was like who is he deceiving. Let me go and read the full text now.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by babaowo: 2:34pm On Oct 26, 2010
well either god father nor political mentor what i knew is EKO ONI BAJE
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by lajjy(m): 2:37pm On Oct 26, 2010
Who cares whether it is semantics or not, who is bothered about who was imposed or deposed, who is fussing about political dogfather or godfather, what we want is someone that can give us results and to a great extent Fashola is best amongst his compatriots. Maybe you are not seeing the transformation in Lagos then you need a goggle. I think we need to understand that the Nigerian polity is systematically different from what you have in other parts of the world and it is still at its nascent stage. If not for those who understan the unique political terrain of Lagos state, it would have been lost to spoilers and opportunists who are determined  to see Lagos as a failed state. Prove me wrong if you can mention any credible candidate that would have done better than fashola in the last 3 years. Am waiting??
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by lannre(m): 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2010
lajjy:

Who cares whether it is semantics or not, who is bothered about who was imposed or deposed, who is fussing about political dogfather or godfather, what we want is someone that can give us results and to a great extent Fashola is best amongst his compatriots. Maybe you are not seeing the transformation in Lagos then you need a goggle. I think we need to understand that the Nigerian polity is systematically different from what you have in other parts of the world and it is still at its nascent stage. If not for those who understand the unique political terrain of Lagos state, it would have been lost to spoilers and opportunists who are determined  to see Lagos as a failed state. Prove me wrong if you can mention any credible candidate that would have done better than fashola in the last 3 years. Am waiting??

TRANSFORMATION !

Its appreciated that transformation is on, but a reminder that its not a privilege but our right and with the 17billion naira monthly IGR Lagos deserves more . The Human resources is gradually suffering and no "structure " can be sustained where the human resources are neglected. The Doctors strikes,The Lecturers , and to say no one can do it better is like a curse ! If BRF is not tested how will you be a to proof he is "performing".
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by ralphaello: 2:58pm On Oct 26, 2010
lies angry
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by HamidO1(m): 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2010
Who cares.
Just keep doing the good work Gov Fashola
After your second term, Naija is waiting.
FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015, YES WE CAN
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by abysirius(m): 3:26pm On Oct 26, 2010
Lovely response! That's very brilliant of you sir. Abi na wetin dem want hear again? Carry go jo!!!
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by angelz(f): 3:32pm On Oct 26, 2010
Jus want him to pay attention to the doctors.
Am sure if his families, tinubu's and the entire ACN stalwarts are using
general hospitals,it will not be close for more that 2 months.
Whateva excuse he has for not acceding to their demands,he should consida
dos wu cannot aford private hospital.
Becos of their strike, private hospitals are raising their prices.
Common widal test that goes 4 700,650, is now 1500.
what the hell is goin on in this country.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by OCCULTIST(m): 3:43pm On Oct 26, 2010
Are you telling us to give you one Godfather? why telling us? Do you think we care?
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by biijay: 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2010
Yeah rite! tongue
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by techsync2(m): 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2010
the man is just trying 2 be respectful yet preserving his authoritative image, good job GOVERNOR!
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by lookwonder: 4:25pm On Oct 26, 2010
the guy has made his comment but you all interpret it the way you like. even in advanced democracies, politician have mentors , nothing strange about it but a mentor should know his limit, when he begins to interfere with the smooth running of government, then he should be whipped into line which in Lagos State is obviously not the case.

A mentor simply put is a person one emulate and desire to follow in his footsteps in terms of value sysyem and ideology. to equate godfatherism with mentoring misses the point but because we like to believe what we have predetermined in our heart, we convienently adopt our pre-disposition. Fashola is doing well, no doubt that. To say that Lagos receives more is begging more. What has Bayelsa, delta, Akwa Ibom and all the oil producing state done with their huge allocation including 13% derivation in the last 12 years.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by karmrash: 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2010
He his just tryin to xpress his confidence that he can not be intimidated by anybdy! even thgh plpe know to his support, wsh count to attaining the governorship post
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by babapupa: 5:17pm On Oct 26, 2010
lookwonder:

the guy has made his comment but you all interpret it the way you like. even in advanced democracies, politician have mentors , nothing strange about it but a mentor should know his limit, when he begins to interfere with the smooth running of government, then he should be whipped into line which in Lagos State is obviously not the case.

A mentor simply put is a person one emulate and desire to follow in his footsteps in terms of value sysyem and ideology. to equate godfatherism with mentoring misses the point but because we like to believe what we have predetermined in our heart, we convienently adopt our pre-disposition. Fashola is doing well, no doubt that. To say that Lagos receives more is begging more. What has Bayelsa, delta, Akwa Ibom and all the oil producing state done with their huge allocation including 13% derivation in the last 12 years.

Very well said. Too bad many of the posters in this thread are known ignorants and illiterates, they read, reason and think from under their feet.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures: Cancel Oyo Election. Ajimobi Lost To rccg Seyi Makinde by savannah / A Man Was Sent To Space And Came Back Different. No One Knows What Happened / Before Vs After Arrest:see Look Of Man Detain By Buhari For 2yrs Without Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.