Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola (5125 Views)

Bola Tinubu: The Pains Of A Godfather By Remi Oyeyemi / Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) / 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by GoldCircle: 5:29pm On Oct 26, 2010
Na me get godmother!!!

Nonsense!

Next story jare
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by SAKUR: 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2010
Na lie Tinubu is your Godfather.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by MaiSuya(m): 5:41pm On Oct 26, 2010
WE HEAR!

lookwonder:

the guy has made his comment but you all interpret it the way you like. even in advanced democracies, politician have mentors , nothing strange about it but a mentor should know his limit, when he begins to interfere with the smooth running of government, then he should be whipped into line which in Lagos State is obviously not the case.

A mentor simply put is a person one emulate and desire to follow in his footsteps in terms of value sysyem and ideology. to equate godfatherism with mentoring misses the point but because we like to believe what we have predetermined in our heart, we convienently adopt our pre-disposition. Fashola is doing well, no doubt that. To say that Lagos receives more is begging more. What has Bayelsa, delta, Akwa Ibom and all the oil producing state done with their huge allocation including 13% derivation in the last 12 years.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by babapupa: 7:11pm On Oct 26, 2010
SAKUR:

Na lie Tinubu is your Godfather.

And is this going to prevent Fashola from commissioning another road, another school another bridge, another transformer factory, another water work, another hospital?
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by AloyEmeka5: 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2010
babapupa:

Very well said. Too bad many of the posters in this thread are known ignorants and illiterates, they read, reason and think from under their feet.

As usual, BabaPussie will always resort to calling people illiterates in order to prove his point. It is a little surprising he didn't call Emeagwali's detractors ignorant and illiterates even when there were no clear cut reasons to call him a fraud. Yes, there are no reasons to believe that Fashola has a God father apart from speculation but calling others illiterates when they think otherwise is unbecoming of you.

This bully tactic-politics gotta stop in Nigeria. Fashola hired these goons to troll websites in his defense and BabaPussie is rather doing his own unprofessionally. If BabaPussie can get this irritated online, he wouldn't hesitate to assassinate any detractor in real life on Fashola's behalf. You wonder why we have political assassinations in Nigeria?. As long as he is not paying y'all with tax payers money, keep on defending the sleazy crooked governor who is incidentally the best of the bunch in Nigeria
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by hercules07: 7:37pm On Oct 26, 2010
Tinubu was his Godfather but he yari for him in an omoluabi way, Tinubu wanted to deal with him but with the reality on ground, he decided to be his mentor. We need to demand more from our leaders, unfortunately, the politics of our country is structured in a way that Tinubu seems genial when compared to others.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by opabukun(m): 7:42pm On Oct 26, 2010
In 9jer, atleast 4now, NO GOD FATHER< NO POLITICAL OFFICE.
Fash has been d only one to manage godf wt state perfectly. atleast till now
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by babapupa: 7:45pm On Oct 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

As usual, BabaPussie will always resort to calling people illiterates in order to prove his point. It is a little surprising he didn't call Emeagwali's detractors ignorant and illiterates even when there were no clear cut reasons to call him a fraud. Yes, there are no reasons to believe that Fashola has a God father apart from speculation but calling others illiterates when they think otherwise is unbecoming of you.

This bully tactic-politics gotta stop in Nigeria. Fashola hired these goons to troll websites in his defense and BabaPussie is rather doing his own unprofessionally. If BabaPussie can get this irritated online, he wouldn't hesitate to assassinate any detractor in real life on Fashola's behalf. You wonder why we have political assassinations in Nigeria?. As long as he is not paying y'all with tax payers money, keep on defending the sleazy crooked governor who is incidentally the best of the bunch in Nigeria

lol @ the resident ignorant and illiterate him/her self. E be like say you no fit breath without getting me attention.

I don't even want to waste time reading and responding to your usual rubbish.

den dey talk about Lagos and these 50 years behind time and stone age villagers too dey open mouth,

Abeg dull off,
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by AloyEmeka5: 8:17pm On Oct 26, 2010
babapupa:

lol @ the resident ignorant and illiterate him/her self. E be like say you no fit breath without getting me attention.

I don't even want to waste time reading and responding to your usual rubbish.

den dey talk about Lagos and these 50 years behind time and stone age villagers too dey open mouth,

Abeg dull off,

Have you collected your kickback for this month from Fashola yet?. N50K abi?. I can afford to pay you that every month and all you need to do for me is to stick by the truth and desist from defending any lie even if it stands against your interests.

I suggest you find the meaning of illiterate/cy and ignorant/cy  from a dictionary instead of constantly throwing the words you have no idea what it means around. How illiterates manage to type on nairaland beats me.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by drmoney: 8:22pm On Oct 26, 2010
To those mouthing that Lagosians deserves more with the 17Billion IGR: it takes both political and managerial savvy for a state to make that much monthly. How many of the present governors, or even GEJ, can make that much monthly for Lagos?
Dont start an arguement that will consume you abeg.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by babapupa: 8:48pm On Oct 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Have you collected your kickback for this month from Fashola yet?. N50K abi?. I can afford to pay you that every month and all you need to do for me is to stick by the truth and desist from defending any lie even if it stands against your interests.

I suggest you find the meaning of illiterate/cy and ignorant/cy  from a dictionary instead of constantly throwing the words you have no idea what it means around. How illiterates manage to type on nairaland beats me.

This is an example of your ignorance and illiteracy,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=532878.msg6952337#msg6952337

Aloy+Emeka:

Yes, the real owners are richer than Dangote because I wonder which Nigerian or foreigner who will spend $40M on a project like that only to abandon it entirely. The deal has NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT written all over it. No matter how much Fashola and his cronies deny it, that deal was a fraudulent buy and they are stuck with it. All these private investor story is akin to Redeem private jet bought by the friends of Adeboye. Go preach to the choir with that forged story.

Aloy+Emeka:

And you are entitled to sheepishly live a fulfilled life in ignorance.

Ode ignorance is running your mouth and making up your own story about what you know nothing about.

The owners of the Yatch are still in court fighting against themselves. They are also fighting the state for trying to move the Yatch out of Lagos state.

Educate yourself before shooting your illiterate mouth all over the place.

N4.5b Sunburn Yatch: Court Restrains Lagos From Moving Vessel – Daily Independent

October 20, 2009 by Bunmi Awolusi

A Federal High Court in Lagos has restrained the state government and Multi-Purpose Infrastructural Development Company (MIDC) from moving the vessel containing the Sunburn Yatch Hotel out of Lagos pending the determination of a suit filed by Loneseed Nigeria.

Justice Binta Murtala-Nyako made the order while ruling on an experte application brought by Loneseed, which sued the Attorney General and Justice Commissioner, Supo Sasore Tourism Commissioner, Tokunbo Afikuyomi and MIDC alleging breach of agreement on the N4.5 billion Yacht Hotel deal.

Loneseed averred that Diamond Capital and Financial Markets Limited (a subsidiary of Diamond Bank) acquired 99.9 per cent of its shares to buy Yatch Hotel, and that Ugo Otuonye owns the remaining one per cent.

According to the plaintiff, sometime in 2007, MIDC approached Diamond Bank to fund the acquisition of the floating hotel, and the initial concept was that MIDC would work with the state government to participate in the project by contributing equity in the form of infrastructure and land.

http://nigerianbulletin.com/2009/10/20/n4-5b-sunburn-yatch-court-restrains-lagos-from-moving-vessel-daily-independent/
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by babapupa: 8:49pm On Oct 26, 2010
ig·no·rant
   /ˈɪgnərənt/ Show Spelled[ig-ner-uhnt] Show IPA
–adjective
lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
uninformed; unaware.
due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

il·lit·er·ate
   /ɪˈlɪtərɪt/ Show Spelled[ih-lit-er-it] Show IPA
–adjective
unable to read and write: an illiterate group.
having or demonstrating very little or no education.
showing lack of culture, esp. in language and literature.
displaying a marked lack of knowledge in a particular field: He is musically illiterate.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by babapupa: 8:51pm On Oct 26, 2010
Now, you see why I call you an ignorant illiterate?
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by SAKUR: 9:17pm On Oct 26, 2010
babapupa:

Now, you see why I call you an ignorant illiterate?

My friend, I probably like Fashola more than you do but he lied by saying he don't have a God Father.Tinubu single handedly make him the AC gubernatorial candidate, causing a lot of disagreement among AC supporters.Ask the former deputy governor Femi Pedro he will enlighten better.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by 3kay945(m): 9:26pm On Oct 26, 2010
the governor just lied.! grin grin
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by 3kay945(m): 9:30pm On Oct 26, 2010
i learnt that he smokes too tongue tongue tongue grin
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by Princek12(m): 9:43pm On Oct 26, 2010
Tinubu is Fashola's papa in the Lord.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by olafolarin(m): 10:07pm On Oct 26, 2010
3kay945:

the governor just lied.! grin grin
Really?
Canyou give any reason for saying that?

Fashola just said what I believe is the truth.
Whoever thinks otherwise should substantiate it with proof.
That Tinubu supported Fashola's candidacy doesn't neccesarily mean
Tinubu is his Godfather.More known names decamped to other parties buy still
lost to Fashola.Lagosians voted for Fashola NOT Tinubu.
The onus is on anbody who doubts Fashola to come out with hard facts and discredit him.
For all I know,Fashola is the best around and I hope the whole governors will have "mentors" like
Tinubu to lead and direct them.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 26, 2010
If Tinubu is his God|Father. So what ? You haters are losers ad infinitum !!!
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by babapupa: 11:06pm On Oct 26, 2010
SAKUR:

My friend, I probably like Fashola more than you do but he lied by saying he don't have a God Father.Tinubu single handedly make him the AC gubernatorial candidate, causing a lot of disagreement among AC supporters.Ask the former deputy governor Femi Pedro he will enlighten better.

And like I asked before, is this going to prevent Fashola from commissioning  another road, another school another bridge, another transformer factory, another water work, another hospital?

My point is, this is really irrelevant. We have a good governor and I thank Tinubu for picking Fashola, for his foresight and judgment, the consequence of the same single handed decision is the good governance we are enjoying now and also the bright future we are looking forward to.

There's always going to be disagreement in politics, but Tinubu made the right call and the state is reaping the benefit of his actions.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by Hardtalk: 11:07pm On Oct 26, 2010
I dont like topics like this, because everyone knows his godfather!.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by dayokanu(m): 2:48am On Oct 27, 2010
He said Tinubu is not his Political Godfather but Political mentor?

Whats wrong with having a mentor? Obama probably has a mentor would that translate to Godfather in that context too.

I heard Fashola is doing good, keep up the good work
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by freshcvvs: 7:05am On Oct 27, 2010
so what?
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by honeric01(m): 7:08am On Oct 27, 2010
Godfather, Godmother, Godsister or whatever it's called, does that change his name from being Fashola?

He chose to call Tinubu his political mentor and not the traditional Godfather all Nigerians are used to (even the ignorant ones), so what's wrong with him choosing that word rather than the latter?

As long as he's doing well, all you ranters are nothing but wastepipes, you can go hug a wet transformer, who care? undecided
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by chines4(m): 9:36am On Oct 27, 2010
I dont like topics like this, because everyone knows his godfather!.

Noooooo he is Godbrother grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by hbabe(f): 10:43am On Oct 27, 2010
Tinubu is his political mentor and not his godfather. What is the difference? undecided
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by ud4u: 10:43am On Oct 27, 2010
What do you people want Fashola to say? to say he has a godfather?, but we all know that he has. So what ever english he uses for it, it is called godfather.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by Aussienavy: 11:22am On Oct 27, 2010
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by ADEOLA17: 11:38am On Oct 27, 2010
I believed him and even if he got God father,he is still performing than those who do nt got any God father or God mother. grin grin grin[b][/b]
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 27, 2010
GOD FATHER MEANS SOMEONE WHO MENTORS YOU, WHO U LOOK UP TO, WHO IS RESPONSIBLE OR A FACTOR IN YOUR SUCCESS.

the guy just wan blow grammar ni.
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by safariman(m): 6:59pm On Oct 27, 2010
BRF is wrong on this one, but he is a polician and there is no way to answer that question correctly
Re: I Don’t Have A Godfather – Fashola by CGKing(m): 8:27pm On Oct 27, 2010
The populace will always get the bitter end. ", he is no more cowboy X he is now cowboy O. " Whats the difference. Anyway, just handle everybody

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Were Sacked by Gov Wike Because We Told him The Obvious Truth / Anambra Election: Maduka Fully In The Race, Ignore Distractions - Media Director / IPOB Attack: Imo People Running To Anambra For Safety ( Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.