Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,549 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi (10150 Views)

Lagbaja: Granting Amnesty To Bandits Created Avenue To Reorganise, Attack / US DOJ Says Kingsley Kuku Used Stolen Billions From Amnesty To Fund Air Peace / Senator Shehu Sani react to Atiku claim to give amnesty to looters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by BleedingPen: 6:52pm On Aug 31, 2019
Ebonyi State Governor, Dr Dave Umahi has offered amnesty to ghost workers discovered during series of verification exercise in the state, Igbere TV reports.

The governor similarly offered negotiation opportunities for them to refund money they illegally collected as salaries.

The offer which was contained in a statement sent to Igbere TV by Emmanuel Uzor, Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, disclosed that the amnesty period would last from Aug.30 to Sept.10.

The statement said those who embrace the offer would not face prosecution but those who decline would face the law and all monies they took from government would be recovered from them.

“We are giving the amnesty to all ghost workers within the stipulated period to surrender and negotiate the repayment of all illegally collected funds to the state and Local Government Areas (LGA).

“The state government is happy to announce that it has made significant progress as the verification has saved it and the LGA about N60 million for one month.

“This exercise will be regular until all ghost workers or workers who benefit from illegal, multiple payments are flushed, to ensure more employment opportunities for our brothers and sisters.

“We have procured the services of financial institutions with bias in Information Communication Technology (ICT) to deploy Bank Verification Number (BVN) in tracking and prosecuting ghost workers,” the statement said.

The statement also said the governor has directed relevant authorities to ensure immediate payment of all workers’s salaries, pension and other entitlements for August.

“They should use the approved verification documents authored by the state Head of Service as all stakeholders in charge of payments should take note and act accordingly,” it said.

It attributed the delay in payment of the August salaries by the 15th of the month to the verification aimed at exposing ghost workers especially among teachers and other categories of workers.

http://igberetvnews.com/948603/gov-umahi-offers-amnesty-to-ghost-workers-in-ebonyi

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 01, 2019
Lol

Time to vomit.

But where the money wan come out from self even if u threaten them with life imprisonment? Hm Dilemma

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by Sunofgod(m): 4:54pm On Sep 01, 2019
Him dey craze.....go and prosecute each one of them na?

How do you bring to justice a ghosts?

Most of them were installed as ghosts by previous governor's.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by Mandesz(m): 4:54pm On Sep 01, 2019
I don't know why I like these ibo governor, they are all intelligent. if they were not given the president in 2023, then, I'll support biafra.

my opinion!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by SultanOfAbia: 4:54pm On Sep 01, 2019
Ghost worker??
So Ghost sef dey hurstle after death..
Are u sure they are not paying rent in spirit realm.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 01, 2019
grin Tinubu & co won't lyk this.. Watch out!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by zeusdgrt(m): 4:55pm On Sep 01, 2019
And so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by PrinceKevin01: 5:00pm On Sep 01, 2019
grin grin grin
How sure are you this is not an AY Live show?
Because trust me no Governor can say this

Well, i will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsApp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by Wiifesnatcher(m): 5:00pm On Sep 01, 2019
Hillsong34:
[s]Yoropigs will wail over this thread... shocked[/s]

jambite

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by Kosoco(m): 5:00pm On Sep 01, 2019
Hunger in The Land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by ezenna191(m): 5:02pm On Sep 01, 2019
Congrats to the worker friendly governor. Hope the Ghost Workers will leverage on the governor's magnanimity and reconcile all issues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:02pm On Sep 01, 2019
Mandesz:
I don't know why I like these ibo governor, they are all intelligence. if they were not given the president in 2023, then, I'll support biafra.

my opinion!!!
They are all intelligence?!
Odiegwu!

No be small intelligence Mr Biafra! cheesy grin

Maka why now..........??

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2019
Same man that wants to use tax to kill his own people, now us granting amnesty.

Grant amnesty to the suffering masses while the rest follows

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by tianshie(m): 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2019
Chief Press Secretary to Ghosts: Our money na invisible. And we don return am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by henryadex(m): 5:07pm On Sep 01, 2019
Good things are happening in our Israel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by Pavore9: 5:09pm On Sep 01, 2019
He is still treating the criminals with kids gloves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2019
BleedingPen:

Ebonyi State Governor, Dr Dave Umahi has offered amnesty to ghost workers discovered during series of verification exercise in the state, Igbere TV reports.

The governor similarly offered negotiation opportunities for them to refund money they illegally collected as salaries.

The offer which was contained in a statement sent to Igbere TV by Emmanuel Uzor, Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, disclosed that the amnesty period would last from Aug.30 to Sept.10.

The statement said those who embrace the offer would not face prosecution but those who decline would face the law and all monies they took from government would be recovered from them.

“We are giving the amnesty to all ghost workers within the stipulated period to surrender and negotiate the repayment of all illegally collected funds to the state and Local Government Areas (LGA).

“The state government is happy to announce that it has made significant progress as the verification has saved it and the LGA about N60 million for one month.

“This exercise will be regular until all ghost workers or workers who benefit from illegal, multiple payments are flushed, to ensure more employment opportunities for our brothers and sisters.

“We have procured the services of financial institutions with bias in Information Communication Technology (ICT) to deploy Bank Verification Number (BVN) in tracking and prosecuting ghost workers,” the statement said.

The statement also said the governor has directed relevant authorities to ensure immediate payment of all workers’s salaries, pension and other entitlements for August.

“They should use the approved verification documents authored by the state Head of Service as all stakeholders in charge of payments should take note and act accordingly,” it said.

It attributed the delay in payment of the August salaries by the 15th of the month to the verification aimed at exposing ghost workers especially among teachers and other categories of workers.

http://igberetvnews.com/948603/gov-umahi-offers-amnesty-to-ghost-workers-in-ebonyi

Story for the Gods. We don't have any money to return because we're ghost.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by appini: 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2019
The governor is also a ghost worker

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by madenigga(m): 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2019
Ebonyi state these days dae vex in terms of development.

Abia state i hope you people are seeing.

Abia state is the only state in Nigeria that has been building one fly over for almost 10years

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2019
browse334:
[s]Jesus is calling you today!

Strive to enter by the narrow door; for many
will seek to enter and will not be able.
Jesus is the way to eternal life; no one comes
to the Father, but by Him.
Repent and accept Jesus today as your
personal Lord and saviour; He will keep you
safe when every other thing fails.
It is very important to make this all important
decision today, and if you have already
accepted Jesus into your life, continue to
follow Jesus all the way. He will shepherd you
so that you find pasture in this life, and also
in the life to come.[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by frankmoney(m): 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2019
Na wa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2019
[quote author=SnakeServant post=81821509][/quote]
I would have cursed you but i refuse to do that.
I pray you come to the knowledge of the truth that Christ the son of God came to the world and died for your sins that ye might be free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by incentive: 6:34pm On Sep 01, 2019
Eeh, Nwanne Osetigo..!
Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by tfelicityk(m): 6:39pm On Sep 01, 2019
Smiles
Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by ThePreachersSon: 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2019
He wants to prosecute ghosts?
Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 01, 2019
Dvin:

I would have cursed you but i refuse to do that.
I pray you come to the knowledge of the truth that Christ the son of God came to the world and died for your sins that ye might be free.

You lack common sense
Re: Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi by Gochis(m): 11:29pm On Sep 01, 2019
Ekweremadu's beating still yielding results. If you know you know. The fear of beating the begining of wisdom for Nigeria politicians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Hold Us Responsible": Peter Obi Assures Nigerians Of Tackling Insecurity / Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents / 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.