Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Igbo Governors Bans Fulani Herdsmen In The South-east - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Governors Bans Fulani Herdsmen In The South-east (842 Views)

Ohanaeze Berates Nnamdi Kanu's IPOB For Placing N1m Bounty On Igbo Governors / IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Places N1m Bounty On All Igbo Governors / Stop Igbo Governors From Driving Away Fulani Herdsmen – Northern Groups Tell PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Governors Bans Fulani Herdsmen In The South-east by Biafraod: 1:09am On Sep 01, 2019

South East Governors, on Saturday, rose from an expanded meeting and resolved to commence a joint air operation to flush out bandits from all forests in the zone, “and to make it a continuous one”.

The meeting was held with the Minister of Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika, representative of the Minister of Works, heads of security agencies at the national, zonal and state levels, Managing Director of FAAN, the President General of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo, Prof Barth Nnaji, among others.

The governors also restricted inter-state movements of herdsmen and their cattle as well as foot movement of cattle and herdsmen from communities to communities across farmlands in the zone.

In a communiqué issued at the end of the meeting which was attended by Governors Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, David Umahi of Ebonyi State/Chairman of the Forum, Willie Obiano of Anambra State, Emeka Ihedioha of Imo State and Deputy Governor of Abia State, Rt. Hon. Ude Oko Chukwu, the forum commended Gov. Ugwuanyi for being the first to commence the operation of Forest Guards in the South East and encouraged the remaining states to launch theirs.

The governors “banned herdsmen who move about with AK-47 guns and cutlasses” and asked security agencies in their various states to ensure the implementation.

On Operations Python Dance, the South East Governors Forum, through its Chairman, Gov. Umahi, who read the communiqué said they “never invited the Army nor were South East Governors informed of their Operations Python Dance until the operations were already started in the states”.

The governor agreed to write President Muhammadu Buhari for a meeting with him and all the Service Chiefs on security to douse tension in the region.

On the closure of the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, the governors disclosed that the Minister of Aviation assured them in the meeting that the airport would be reconstructed to meet the Abuja International Airport standard, adding that the runway repairs and other renovation works will be completed by December this year.

The governor further disclosed “the Sam Mbakwe Airport in Owerri, will be given face-lift to accommodate flights that would be diverted from Enugu Airport to Owerri Airport”.

CONTINUE READING: https://odinceblog.com/igbo-governors-bans-fulani-herdsmen-in-the-south-east/
Re: Igbo Governors Bans Fulani Herdsmen In The South-east by Glycosunde: 1:17am On Sep 01, 2019
This people are beginning to have sense because of fear of been beating. Nigerians always loving to learn and do the right thing through the hard way

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Governors Bans Fulani Herdsmen In The South-east by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:35am On Sep 01, 2019
Following.....
Re: Igbo Governors Bans Fulani Herdsmen In The South-east by Bantino(m): 1:45am On Sep 01, 2019
Good step in the right direction

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Governors Bans Fulani Herdsmen In The South-east by helinues: 5:20am On Sep 01, 2019
They cant ban all the fulanis.. May be the killers among them sha
Re: Igbo Governors Bans Fulani Herdsmen In The South-east by makeitijn: 8:35am On Sep 01, 2019
I am ibo. I love my tribe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Governors Bans Fulani Herdsmen In The South-east by BobiNick(m): 8:44am On Sep 01, 2019
That is a very good move. I wish the South West and South South can also key into this and send all herdsmen causing problems in these regions back to the north.
We can sell grass to them and in return they sell cattle to us. But I know the ibos will take advantage of this by selling Aba packaged grass to them at prices they will make them shout for help lol.
Re: Igbo Governors Bans Fulani Herdsmen In The South-east by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:35pm On Sep 01, 2019
Two things I fear in this country, sensational headlines and youths afraid to read.
Re: Igbo Governors Bans Fulani Herdsmen In The South-east by gwarotango: 4:25pm On Sep 01, 2019
I think it's high time our northern governors replicate the same way too.

(1) (Reply)

"I Cannot Congratulate Buhari" After Shaking Hands With Him...(pics) / New Bank Charges : Reno Omokri Blows Hot, Describes Nigeria As Coward / Process For Vehicle Registration, No Plate Issuance Remains Transparent - LASG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.