Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,226 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag (30293 Views)

Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 / National Convention: APC Fails To Begin Sale Of Forms, Aspirants Worry / Fashola: FG To Begin Sale Of New Houses Soon Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by mechanics(m): 7:14am On Sep 01, 2019
Good price.
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by greatermeme: 7:14am On Sep 01, 2019
Bolustical:

It wasn't 7k, it was free during GEJ's period. Have you forgotten?

All we had to do was to present our National ID? Remember?!

God bless GEJ.
Present our National ID for rice? During GEJ? Was it during election period? It's too early to smoke WEED!

1 Like

Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 01, 2019
tenmariner:
Their intention may be right for Nigerians but the issue is; we consume close to 4m tones yearly! Can they cater for the rice loving Nigeria population?
We are very economical with the truth. Only a million tones maybe available, they will say its 4-5 million. They will sell from the paddy at 14,000 and it gets to the consumer market and they will be hit with excess demand. And by the law of demand and supply, what do u get? A cost push inflation!
Around 2016 we heard of lake rice in Lagos, only for us to get requirements from Lagos state government before purchase. If the supply had been equal to demand, we won't be asked to provide Lagos state lassra card before buying.
My point; Measures should have been taken to checkmate counter productivity.

no mind them, they will just wake up and make decisions. Soon they will increase fuel pump prices, they've increased electricity bill already.

1 Like

Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by Truthbites: 7:17am On Sep 01, 2019
bixton:

You are still living in a different country if the local rice around you is stony................
I have been buying and eating local rice free of stones for almost a year now.

I don't envy u..local rice that turns to 'portoporto'.....
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by sonnie10: 7:17am On Sep 01, 2019
greatermeme:
The question you should have asked was: Why would an importer buy at #2,650, but sell at #9000 as at then! Were they not villains?
9000 was a fair price then considering logistics, tax. Levy and duty

3 Likes

Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by COMPAQ(m): 7:17am On Sep 01, 2019
How does closure of the border affect rice coming in from Benin Republic.? As far as I know rice is SMUGGLED into the country and does not come in through the normal border posts. So what good does official border closure do.
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by nifemi2015: 7:19am On Sep 01, 2019
Oshi....... Like we care
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by uckennety(m): 7:20am On Sep 01, 2019
lowaist101:

This a good news.
No economy survives by having more imports than exports.
It will affect the balance of trade and payment and trade.
This administration is taking bold steps in revamping the economy.
Many Nigerians are short-term oriented.
And I believe, this is a way to balance and short-termism and long termism!
We need more policing of our borders, to further stem smuggling.
Increase tariffs on any product we can comfortably produce at home.

Rubbish how is the UAE surviving?

Don't they import almost everything tax-free?

2 Likes

Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by JubrinElSudan: 7:20am On Sep 01, 2019
MisterKings:
I go still enter market and they go dey sell 20k. These policies should be duly implemented not just talk o.
Factory price, retail price go still be around 20k
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by sylve11: 7:25am On Sep 01, 2019
this country hard die................. sad cool
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by bixton(m): 7:25am On Sep 01, 2019
Truthbites:

I don't envy u..local rice that turns to 'portoporto'.....

You are still a learner.
Blame your portoporto rice on your inability of not knowing how appropriate to cook it.

2 Likes

Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by hisgrace090: 7:25am On Sep 01, 2019
Glink2018:

Now how come they sold Thailand rice 16k per bag on the retail market? The price supposed to be 8k on the retail market.

We're expert in price hike.
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by Komu1048(m): 7:27am On Sep 01, 2019
Mrsheff:

Even showore family living in USA are yet to come to Nigeria to solicit/ facilitate his release what are u talking about Sir. This same sowore introduce Buhari to Us so let him enjoy next level also....Nextime he go check the meaning of revolution in dictionary before acting.....

U can choose to shut up rather than saying trash.

Please free sowore
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by frowland(m): 7:28am On Sep 01, 2019
Simplyleo:
The earlier we come to terms with reality, the better for us as a nation. Whatever the prices at which foodstuffs are sold in the market today, following the present govt regulations on their importation, is the real situation of the market forces.

However, I still feel the govt regulation should be confined to forex rather than closing borders in addition. Source for your foreign currency outside the cbn, import whatever you want to import, pay the appropriate duties (done everywhere in the world), then bring the goods into the market for competition.

The other time, some illiterates were on buhari's neck for directing the cbn to stop giving food importers a cent, cos according to them, he has no business in the matters of the apex bank, wtf. Let's even not talk about how the cbn is subject to the regulations of the executive. Are these not the same stark illiterates blaming Buhari for increase in naira/dollars exchange rate? Is this done in aso rock?

We spend upwards of $40b on food importation annually and some people think this is OK. undecided

1 Like

Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by minista2009(m): 7:28am On Sep 01, 2019
Action film
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by BlueAir: 7:33am On Sep 01, 2019
Deejaygold:
Who rice eep
u say wetin.i chop rice every week. E epp me o
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by MisterKings(m): 7:35am On Sep 01, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
Factory price, retail price go still be around 20k

Retail price to remain at 20k when factory price is below 15k is still preposterous
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by West2019(m): 7:38am On Sep 01, 2019
RichDad1:

It’s still available at that price in Otuoke. undecided
in Dura is 40k
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by Truthbites: 7:40am On Sep 01, 2019
bixton:

You are still a learner.
Blame your portoporto rice on your inability of not knowing how appropriate to cook it.

grin..how do u cook it? For real, teach me
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 01, 2019
Duggedised12:
Rice here is 22,000 per bag already,if they can put addresses where people can buy this rice across the country,it will be appreciated,except they are just making mouth as usual.
please which state is that?
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by unitysheart(m): 7:52am On Sep 01, 2019
sonnie10:
I ton (20 of 50kg) of rice is $150 in Thailand and India
Dollar at 355; $150 is about 53k naira.
Meaning 20bags is 53k. Therefore one bag is #2650.

My question is, do Nigeria farmers use gold as fertilizer for for their own rice? With the huge difference in price, the temptation to continue to import is very high.

Have the imported rice ever sold below 10k? They import and still sell higher. So what's the difference?

1 Like

Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by unitysheart(m): 7:55am On Sep 01, 2019
Godfullsam:
Y should i buy local stony rice for 14000 when i can easily get a bag of clean, stonless imported rice for 17000?

I have been eating Nigeria rice, bought from Jumia for some months now. The rice ain't stony.

Thank you.
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by azikiweironsi(m): 7:55am On Sep 01, 2019
Bolustical:

It wasn't 7k, it was free during GEJ's period. Have you forgotten?

All we had to do was to present our National ID? Remember?!

God bless GEJ.

grin grin Epic. I cannot stop but laughing.
Children of hate will still wail no matter the government achievement.
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by ultron12345: 7:58am On Sep 01, 2019
sonnie10:
I ton (20 of 50kg) of rice is $150 in Thailand and India
Dollar at 355; $150 is about 53k naira.
Meaning 20bags is 53k. Therefore one bag is #2650.

My question is, do Nigeria farmers use gold as fertilizer for for their own rice? With the huge difference in price, the temptation to continue to import is very high.
Will you keep quiet. Price of rice as at today is $416 per ton.

2 Likes

Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by dan2976: 7:59am On Sep 01, 2019
frowland:

We spend upwards of $40b on food importation annually and some people think this is OK. undecided

Importation is not bad as long as u know what u are doing. Please google it now. The largest economies in the world are the biggest importers of goods. Whether staple food or not. The resource deposits that God has blessed us with ensures Nigeria can generate revenue from mineral deposits exportation for the next 300years. Not including petroleum. We don't need to produce anything and with our proceeds can still import everything and still not suffer. Please google and see for yourself the kind of deposits we have. Countries in the Emirates import everything even water and they are still better than us.

We have a problem. America imports its staple food and still buys all the harvest from its farmers to ensure prices come down to the barest minimum. Buying from its farmers encourages them to farm and ensures all harvest is converted to cash for next season.. We don't have a consistent strategy.
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by dan2976: 8:02am On Sep 01, 2019
Importation is not bad as long as u know what u are doing. Please google it now. The largest economies in the world are the biggest importers of goods. Whether staple food or not. The resource deposits that God has blessed us with ensures Nigeria can generate revenue from mineral deposits exportation for the next 300years. Not including petroleum. We don't need to produce anything and with our proceeds can still import everything and still not suffer. Please google and see for yourself the kind of deposits we have. Countries in the Emirates import everything even water and they are still better than us.

We have a problem. America imports its staple food and still buys all the harvest from its farmers to ensure prices come down to the barest minimum. Buying from its farmers encourages them to farm and ensures all harvest is converted to cash for next season.. We don't have a consistent strategy.
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by hrykanu231(m): 8:05am On Sep 01, 2019
Simplyleo:
The earlier we come to terms with reality, the better for us as a nation. Whatever the prices at which foodstuffs are sold in the market today, following the present govt regulations on their importation, is the real situation of the market forces.

However, I still feel the govt regulation should be confined to forex rather than closing borders in addition. Source for your foreign currency outside the cbn, import whatever you want to import, pay the appropriate duties (done everywhere in the world), then bring the goods into the market for competition.

The other time, some illiterates were on buhari's neck for directing the cbn to stop giving food importers a cent, cos according to them, he has no business in the matters of the apex bank, wtf. Let's even not talk about how the cbn is subject to the regulations of the executive. Are these not the same stark illiterates blaming Buhari for increase in naira/dollars exchange rate? Is this done in aso rock?

Why do you lack civility so much? I mean, you can make contributions to post without the bile you emit. Tone down the hate...
Bdw, Buhari's policies have direct impact on the value of the Naira. If you will act civil, we can have a good dicussion along that path. Deal?
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by Duggedised12(f): 8:17am On Sep 01, 2019
Area4Area:
That's damn expensive na when it's far cheaper here, ask your friends or relatives living in Onitsha and they'll tell you the price
i am even shocked to hear its cheaper else where, this is the handwork of few individuals same way they are quick to increase transport just because of small rain. smh

1 Like

Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by yetunsbay(m): 8:25am On Sep 01, 2019
Team Beans joor

Beans only

Beans & Bread

Beans and Garri

1 Like

Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by bixton(m): 8:27am On Sep 01, 2019
Truthbites:

grin..how do u cook it? For real, teach me

I started learning how to cook at the age of 10 years. It's mandatory in my family that all men should know how so that they could be able to distinguish good meals from bad and most importantly that their wife should not be keeping them hungry unnecessarily.

If you are not joking and still want to learn how to cook, show anf proove your interest.
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by Capitano1(m): 8:37am On Sep 01, 2019
dan2976:

My brother u have said it all. Which favour is NIPAN doing Nigerians. Are they using gold as fertilizer? This govt is a fraud and only out to satisfy the so called farmers in the north. Locking the Western border is their agenda to impoverish the south.. How can import be cheaper than what u claim u are producing in your own back yard.... Common sense.
Dem use importation cause una...Why are nigerians scared to start farming sef. The so called Thailand, you think their rice fell from heaven. Mteeww
Re: RIPAN To Begin Sale Of Rice At N13,300 Per Bag by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 01, 2019
Duggedised12:
Rice here is 22,000 per bag already,if they can put addresses where people can buy this rice across the country,it will be appreciated,except they are just making mouth as usual.

In Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN / Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC / Buhari: Why I Will Never Write A Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.