Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,015 members, 7,845,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Social Media For Good Governance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Social Media For Good Governance (204 Views)

Dada Olusegun Blames Media For Sharing Photo Of Tinubu Sleeping At AU Session / Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales / Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Nigeria Media For Portraying Referendum As A Call For War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Social Media For Good Governance by OndoUpdates(f): 9:50am On Sep 01, 2019
The Social media space is an interesting avenue for Information and Orientation. For government, it's a very good platform to interact with members of the general public. The social media space, in recent time, has become a ready avenue for social interaction.

As the Ondo State Social Media Day holds today in Akure, the state capital, my main gospel to our people and other social media users is to see the social media as a Tool rather than a weapon. A tool enhances our capacity and ability. Let's see it as an avenue to hold government accountable and drive for accountability. Let's embrace the social media as the platform for a common man.

We must understand the inherent danger in weaponinsing the social media. For the good of the public and the common man, we must avoid acts and statements that question our integrity and personalities. We must run away from statement that is capable of setting our state and country on fire. Let us use the social Media for the good of our people.

I want to appreciate my brother and friend, Gbenga Adene for this great initiative. It is personally painful that I couldn't attend due to official engagement. I pray the good Lord will continue to bless us all. God bless Ondo State. Good bless Nigeria.

Olabode Richard Olatunde
Special Assistant to the Governor (New Media)
31st August, 2019

Re: Social Media For Good Governance by Nurumaxy: 10:35am On Sep 01, 2019
hmm what do i know

(1) (Reply)

Newsxenophobia: What Buhari Govt Will Do To Stop Killing Of Nigerians In South.a / Xenophobia: Buhari Boycotts World Economic Forum In South Africa / Breaking News: Robert Mugabe Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.