Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,804 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 (24918 Views)

Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric / NCC Approves Spectrum For 5G Trial In Nigeria / Nigeria Is Ready For 5G Says NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by worldclass68(m): 1:56pm On Sep 01, 2019
for Nigeria all nah wash....
imagine 4G working like normal 3G and 3G even worse now for my area....

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 01, 2019
With the pedigree of the new communication minister.I am hopeful
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by persius555(m): 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2019
Debramaye:
We still use 4G over here lol.. But testing in Africa is like using you guys as Lab experiments because 5g waves has been known to cause health issues such as cancer.. Well enjoy

You mean cancer of the mind?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by alezzy13: 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2019
faithfull18:
I didn't read all that cool

Lazy Naija youth tongue
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by dxdiag(m): 2:02pm On Sep 01, 2019
Nigeria as a whole is not ready for the 5G rollout, lets not deceive our self. 4G is not well grounded enough at the moment, infact the 4g speed offered by our sercice provider here is 3G speed of other develope countries. NCC should sanction the network provider, by doung this they would imprive in quality of service delivery offered to there subscribers.
Secondly, we need to be aware of the adverse radioactive effect caused by the introduction of 5G network, do we ve preventive measure on ground?
Are our health care center equipped enough to handle patient suffering from effect of wave generated as a result of utilizing 5G?

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by Lisaint(m): 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2019
Instead of them to work on how to improve our 3G and 4G LTE network
They are running after 5G.

This is common trend in Nigeria Government

They won't finish one project
They Will jump to initiate new one
Just go to our public institutions u will see project been done halfway

Investigate and they will tell you that those project were initiated by the previous Vc
Same things happens at all sector

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 01, 2019
persius555:

You mean cancer of the mind?
Google 5g and cancer
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by alezzy13: 2:09pm On Sep 01, 2019
The real question for me is, do we really NEED a 5G tech?

I use 3G+ here at close to 4 MB/s download and it's more than okay for my needs, which includes seamless stream of HD videos.

For me the major issue is not speed but stability. If we can be assured of constant 3G speeds, especially for financial transactions, then there shouldn't be any problem.

4G and above are nonsense, IMO �

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by Lisaint(m): 2:10pm On Sep 01, 2019
Airtel and Glo need to step up

Come to my campus here you won't even think about 4G

Cause the way the network will be draining your battery while in 3G mode sef!

Even in 3G mode you can't download
You have to wait till the midnight and it's a university community

The name of my sch is AAUA
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by DarlingEmojist(m): 2:13pm On Sep 01, 2019
No jare
I cannot allow them to put it on our light pole

That means NEPA will cut my light and use style to disconnect the network in my phone,so that life should tire me. . . And i would be forced to carry my last cash to give NEPA
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by TemmyT002(m): 2:21pm On Sep 01, 2019
I laugh
My area has thousands of people and very developed and there is no MTN, airtel and Etisalat 3G networks.
And they are talking about 5G
Carry it to Lagos
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by wman(m): 2:22pm On Sep 01, 2019
seankafor:
Nonsense write up

If others can do it even south Africa, why cant we?

Before 2022..we I'll be already on 5g and nothing your negative mindset can do about it

He raised valid points. You can't call his write up nonsense.

2022 is less than 16 months away.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by Bawofss(m): 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2019
pls H+ is wat bandwidth? I need clarification abt dis
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by faithfull18(f): 2:35pm On Sep 01, 2019
alezzy13:

Lazy Naija youth tongue
Like you wink
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by dingbang(m): 2:39pm On Sep 01, 2019
This is the reason why they call Africa a third world country. We don't appreciate technology advancement
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by wellmax(m): 2:39pm On Sep 01, 2019
seankafor:
Nonsense write up

Before 2022..we I'll be already on 5g and nothing your negative mindset can do about it

God bless you dear. Leave that useless pessimist.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by Realboygenius(m): 2:40pm On Sep 01, 2019
I need 5G to watch more videos on Vskit
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by enemmo(f): 2:56pm On Sep 01, 2019
Do we even have authentic 4G yet?

The ones they call 4G operate at 3G capacity.

I'm sure 3G in some countries is faster than our so called 4G.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by executive12: 2:56pm On Sep 01, 2019
seankafor:
Nonsense write up

So you think Nigeria is South Africa's mate? South Africa is a developed, middle income country with world class infrastructure. Nigeria is an underdeveloped (not developing), poor country. No basis for comparison.
You should be comparing Nigeria with Ghana, Cameroon, Kenya, etc.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by uuzba(m): 3:04pm On Sep 01, 2019
dxdiag:
Nigeria as a whole is not ready for the 5G rollout, lets not deceive our self. 4G is not well grounded enough at the moment, infact the 4g speed offered by our sercice provider here is 3G speed of other develope countries. NCC should sanction the network provider, by doung this they would imprive in quality of service delivery offered to there subscribers.
Secondly, we need to be aware of the adverse radioactive effect caused by the introduction of 5G network, do we ve preventive measure on ground?
Are our health care center equipped enough to handle patient suffering from effect of wave generated as a result of utilizing 5G?

After I watched this guy on YouTube, I finally understood what 5g is all about and how tricky it is to implement. Nigeria should please forget it. Oyibo have not even passed this type of exam finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1D6w-7Zav8
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by alezzy13: 3:08pm On Sep 01, 2019
faithfull18:

Like you wink

AM not lazy naaa, I read it all. . cool
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by uuzba(m): 3:08pm On Sep 01, 2019
executive12:

So you think Nigeria is South Africa's mate? South Africa is a developed, middle income country with world class infrastructure. Nigeria is an underdeveloped (not developing), poor country. No basis for comparison.
You should be comparing Nigeria with Ghana, Cameroon, Kenya, etc.
South Africa is in the temperate region. Ie, like Europe, America and China which have cool climate, South Africa and southern Australia and New Zealand have cool climate a well. White people were attracted to the cool climate of S.A and developed the place. Unfortunately, they had to displace the black people there to do so.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by executive12: 3:18pm On Sep 01, 2019
We don't yet have 4G and some people are talking about 5G.
We only have 3.75G (an enhanced 3G) which our dubious providers are marketing to us as 4G.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by executive12: 3:24pm On Sep 01, 2019
UniqueDennis:
Why would Nigeria be ready for 5G when most the 4G these thieves masquerading as telecommunication Netowork providers is fake and nothing more than an advanced 3.75G

Exactly. There's no 4G in Nigeria yet.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by poweredcom(m): 3:25pm On Sep 01, 2019
princeking2:
Let's deal with 4G first.
5G will only help Yahoo yahoo, because our service providers can't assure us of it's effectiveness and good to ordinary citizen.

BTW, what do I know...

Na was can't u reason anything other Dan mentioning yahoo Yahoo

So wat have dat got to do to help yahoo Yahoo boys again na today Dem de use internet scam
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by executive12: 3:32pm On Sep 01, 2019
danjumakolo:
With the pedigree of the new communication minister.I am hopeful

Funny guy. I hope you realize that Nigeria does not even have real 4G.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by Sniper101(m): 3:43pm On Sep 01, 2019
3G never strong finish in most states
4G never even dey work well in some places

...yet Dem wan begin talk abt 5G

Rubbish!!!
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by executive12: 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2019
uuzba:

South Africa is in the temperate region. Ie, like Europe, America and China which have cool climate, South Africa and southern Australia and New Zealand have cool climate a well. White people were attracted to the cool climate of S.A and developed the place. Unfortunately, they had to displace the black people there to do so.

I agree. We are unfortunate that the British gave us independence and completely left the country. They should have kept Nigeria the way they did Hong Kong. The Jos/Plateau region should have kept enough of the Europeans in Nigeria to help modernise Nigeria.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by iamJ(m): 3:46pm On Sep 01, 2019
seankafor:
Nonsense write up

which South Africa?

Stop lying there is no 5G here
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 by eliash: 3:54pm On Sep 01, 2019
seankafor:
Nonsense write up

just shut up Nigeria is not ready for it. Let's be honest with ourselves. Do you even know the limitations of 5G

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro Unboxing And First Impressions + Price (photos) / $$$Fresh etibaba Browsing/download On D Move:2010### / A Line With No Revenue-generating Capacity In 1 Year Will Be Disconnected - MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.