Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,360 members, 7,954,468 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:41 PM

Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) (45375 Views)

Hilarious Things Young Rich Guys Do When They Meet At Event / Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences / Worst Dressed Female Celebrities At "The Wedding Party 2" Premiere? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by victorazyvictor(m): 12:09pm On Sep 02, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

The man was a legally married man in the East but abandoned his family there to work in Oyo State. He didn't come with the identity of his immediate family and portrays himself as a bachelor. He and the lady met in the church and decided to get married in that church.
The church advised the lady to investigate into his background because the church doubted his marital status due to his age but she was eager to get married and maybe had it in mind that there will be a hindrance if she goes home with him, he came to work here, no member of his family is here.
Someone took the IV to the original wife in the East, so she came down with the children and legal documents of their union Thursday prior the wedding. The Pastor invited the bride to be and was shown everything. The Pastor now invited the groom to be while he asked the wife and children to hide but bride to be seated. When the man took a seat, pastor signaled for the wife and children to be brought out, upon seeing them, the man took to his heels, so the wedding was cancelled.
Unknown to me, she had told the neighborhood that when the groom to be went to bring down his family for the wedding, they were all crushed to death hence the cancellation (she formed that because the man fooled her)
I heard that when I came back home with what I was told at the church by the worker we saw.

Ohhh!!!! grin grin grin

I got it now.

She lied to cover the shame. grin

I pity her dou

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2019
kings59:
I attended a wedding last two weeks and the groom was a yahoo boy( very well known).

It was time to cut the cake, the M.C announced that some white men are coming that they should make way for them to enter, on hearing this, the groom climbed the hall venue window and scamper to safty thinking it was Maga ( maye).

He was later called back that they were friends of the bride back then in Uk. aahhhaa if na u nko u no go scramed?who want to do honeymoon for kirikiri

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by ImaIma1(f): 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2019
I went for my friend's wedding. The reception was in the church building and the Priest(Anglican) was the chairman of the wedding. My friend didn't put these details into consideration when contracting a DJ. The chairman kept standing up to ask the dj to change the songs. That no "unchristian" song will be played.

Unfortunately for them, oga dj didn't have any gospel song for the couple to dance to. Someone had to transfer a song to the dj and he played that song back to back. When it ends, it starts again. It was quite annoying but they had to handle the consequences of their decision.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by Sirwallace(m): 1:19pm On Sep 02, 2019
executive12:

Lol. You are complaining about other people's grammar while making same mistake.
It should be 'worse than ', not "worst than".

To add to the grammarian flop, it is writing or written english?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by Sirwallace(m): 1:37pm On Sep 02, 2019
Funny experience everywhere.

Well I went to a muslim wedding recently. The couple are muslim. The groom happens to be those muslims that keep bears and wear 3 quarters trousers.

Fast forward to the program, the alfa who happens to be the MC asked for the couple parents approval before they are joined in holy matrimony.

The bride's family requested their daughter should never be confined to usin kimar (you know those muslim ladies that put on hijab like ninja covering all their face).

The groom said it is up to his wife. The bride's family insisted that he swear to that. That was how the groom's family took it up that they cant force their son to anything that it is their life.

It became a rowdy session like in the national assembly that we have to calm both parties down.
The bride's parent said anytime they noticed the conversion of their daughter to that doctrine will be the end of their marriage. The groom again flare up again that they should go ahead and cancel the wedding.

Las las, we told our guy to tell them what they want to hear that he can do whatever he wants with his family after the wedding. The teblik guy stubborn but he later agreed and they were later joined.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by ohem007(m): 1:41pm On Sep 02, 2019
alphaNomega:

Settle them for what?

He say na youth fee since you are getting married to their sis..

The tin surprise me o

He said if you don't pay they will report your case to their village head

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by BIXYBABE: 1:43pm On Sep 02, 2019
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by schumastic(m): 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2019
sisisioge:

Continue with your tautology o.

LOL AM JUST KIDDING HONESTLY wink SORRY IF THE JOKE WAS MUCH THOUGH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by Treasure17(m): 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2019
This one wicked fah. Stole carton of wine in place of transport fare. Wawu..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by Thegeneralqueen(f): 8:20pm On Sep 02, 2019
victorazyvictor:

Ohhh!!!! grin grin grin

I got it now.

She lied to cover the shame. grin

I pity her dou
When you're coming to pay my bride price make sure you pay everything ooooo cause I don't want any embarrassment as our marriage will be forever cool
Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by victorazyvictor(m): 10:16pm On Sep 02, 2019
Thegeneralqueen:
When you're coming to pay my bride price make sure you pay everything ooooo cause I don't want any embarrassment as our marriage will be forever cool

You and who?
Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by godofuck231: 12:17am On Sep 03, 2019
alphaNomega:

Today's winner for stories that did not happen
poor you it happened in the FCT, slowpoke
Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by godofuck231: 12:22am On Sep 03, 2019
executive12:

Did this really happen? I doubt it?
what about the one that happened in NIFOR where the girl went into a palm plantation with her ex for a quickie and ended up cleaning up with water inside a bowl thinking it was rain water , it got to her after arriving at the compound when she started burning and couldn't bear , it was some sort of chemical for fumigation
Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by godofuck231: 12:24am On Sep 03, 2019
executive12:

Did this really happen? I doubt it?
some people have heard or seen things they don't want to talk about because people will not believe them,
Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by alphaNomega: 5:44am On Sep 03, 2019
godofuck231:
poor you it happened in the FCT, slowpoke

You must think everyone on NL is as dumb as your primary school classmates.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by Oyerinde16(m): 8:05am On Sep 03, 2019
I no do again

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by godofuck231: 8:57am On Sep 03, 2019
alphaNomega:

You must think everyone on NL is as dumb as your primary school classmates.
your mama
Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by alphaNomega: 9:37am On Sep 03, 2019
godofuck231:
your mama

I see you're not as smart as I thought. Good day.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by anthonyuncle(m): 11:22am On Sep 03, 2019
me and my guys went to serve food in a wedding some years ago.

da committee of friends (who were da groom friends) that were in charge of drinks started fighting when it was time to serve drinks.

da fight was so intense that da groom had to leave da stage, take off his jacket, folded da sleeve of his shirt, carried drinks in crates and started serving his guests.

it was at dz point that me and my guys took pity on him, collected da drinks from him and served da guests(coz we were almost done serving food)...

da most surprising thing was that his so called committee of friends were still arguing and fighting till we left da venue that day
Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by KingAzubuike(f): 9:30pm On Sep 03, 2019
Oyerinde16:
My worst wedding experience was no fault of the bride or groom... They had done everything right, paid for the tents and chairs two weeks before. The tents and chair rental service was to set everything before 12pm when reception was to start... It happened that another person begged to use the chairs and tent for an event that morning, the person said 8am-10am after so much deliberation assurance and counter assurance max 10am, the guy thought he could kill two birds with one stone, rented out the chair meant for a wedding to another person that morning, the plan am sure was to pick up the chair by 10am and head to the reception venue... The earlier program did not start till around 9:30am, you know African time, the place was filled to capacity as guest were already seated, the rental service came and could not tell people to stand up, called the person who begged for the chair to wind up the programme as the chairs were going to the wedding reception, Story for the gods, after banters and counter banters, them no release chair till 1:30pm, meanwhile we ended service and got to reception venue no chair's, tables or tents... People had to find stones to seat on. By 1pm the reception Benue was changed but people weren't having it, everyone left, around 2pm on the dot, the chair and tent rental services drove in with full speed and was asking if the reception had started... When guy pounded on him, gave him beatings of his life he started begging and began to relay the story like a radio without a battery. Guys cannot dull our guy na, we ended the reception meant for only Gee's at a bar... Food surplus for lounge that day... I felt the bride was very happy as she danced the David dance like kilode. Me sha carry one of her friends home cos she was tipsy... She slept off as soon as we got into the hotel room, na around 4am the next day snake begging twist and wine, she wanted the kondo... First round finished around 6am... We slept small, round two started around 9am to 9:30... We talk small about our future... Round 3 final round and decider started around 11am... Don't ask who won... By 12 sharp a knock on the door, the came to check if I was still there and a silent reminder your rent has expired... Baba she took birth and left around 1:30, by 2 when I wan go them bring half bill 8k as I had exceeded the time... I just laughed told the lady receptionist if she would be with me till six... She smiled and said just go... Las las we still made out.
Lol I feel for that rental dude. Na ojukokoro kill am
Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by Thegeneralqueen(f): 12:25am On Sep 04, 2019
victorazyvictor:

You and who?
You dim cool
Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by victorazyvictor(m): 11:18am On Sep 04, 2019
Thegeneralqueen:
You dim cool

cry

Forgive me plz,,,,
I wan go house plz....
Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by mamagee3(f): 1:45am On Sep 05, 2019
Funny stories
Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by Asquare84(m): 1:36pm On Sep 08, 2019
My colleague in the office once told me of the story of how her aunty married a 419 ner in the early 90, the guy dubbed the bank he was working with , and came Wed his wife just the day of the wedding the guy picture was announced as wanted on NTA network news . Na so dey guy take run leave the wife till today no trace of the husband, you can imagine a lady that got married today and the husband disappear the same day
Re: Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) by id4sho(m): 9:23pm On Sep 15, 2019
Asquare84:
My colleague in the office once told me of the story of how her aunty married a 419 ner in the early 90, the guy dubbed the bank he was working with , and came Wed his wife just the day of the wedding the guy picture was announced as wanted on NTA network news . Na so dey guy take run leave the wife till today no trace of the husband, you can imagine a lady that got married today and the husband disappear the same day
Na wa ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Breweries Enter Guiness Book Of Records With Largest Poster / Lady Celebrates Her Underaged Son's Birthday At A Night Club In Ibadan / Ike Ibe And Uche Anusiem's Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.