Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,507 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies (5359 Views)

Mercy Aigbe Rewards Fan With #10,000 For Predicting The Color Of Her Outfit. / Freeze And Woman 'Fight' Over Olajumoke's Article, He Calls Her 'Octopus / Paul Okoye Posts On 'Stealing Of Songs' Complains . . Funny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 26, 2010
Paul, the Psychic Octopus, who correctly called the winners of last summer's World Cup, has died. He would have been 3 in January.

"Management and staff at the Oberhausen Sea Life Centre were devastated to discover that oracle octopus Paul, who achieved global renown during the recent World Cup, had passed away overnight," the aquarium in Germany said in a statement Tuesday. No further details were given.

Born in January 2008 in Weymouth, England, Paul accurately forecast the results of all but two of Germany's games during Euro 2008 (he slipped up on predicting the defeats to Croatia and Spain). At this summer's World Cup, he maintained a perfect record, correctly predicting all of Germany's results before picking Spain to beat Netherlands in the final.

Paul's method: His caretakers at the Sea Life Centre placed a mussel in each of two clear plastic containers within his tank, and each container was marked with the flag of the competing soccer team. Paul always took his first mussel from the container bearing the flag of the team he "knew" would win.
– Stephen M. SIlverman

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20436926,00.html
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by KakiP(m): 2:44pm On Oct 26, 2010
Eyaaa! who will predict when i'll get married or if my first child will be a girl or a boy?,if u ask me,i suspect foul play.
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by halady: 3:33pm On Oct 26, 2010
cheesy there will be another octopus or some other creature rising to fame after him i guess,
loads of tosh if you ask me,
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by nobleobed(m): 3:34pm On Oct 26, 2010
shocked NA WHO KILL AM, NEXT WORLD IS COMING WHO WILL BE THE NEXT? sad
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by JimmyBoy1: 3:37pm On Oct 26, 2010
I am sure the Argentines will be jubilating by now, I recall that  an Argentine chef promised to to cut him into pieces and grill him for lunch, because he correctl predicted that  the Germany will defeat Argetina in the world cup quarter finals. Argentina last the match to germany by 4-0
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by loma(m): 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2010
Our enemies(Germans) have done their worst. With great sadness and gratitude to God for a life sportingly spent, our family home and abroad, on land and in the oceans, wishes to announce the untimely death of Our grandfather,father, uncle,, husband, brother, son, and friend, the undoubtedly King of octopuses, Octopus Paul Ejiogbe GCON at the shocking age of 2 years. Due to logistics for people who will be unable to join us at our German family home, burial service will hold simultaneously at our family in Eti-Osa, Lagos, Nigeria on Saturday, October 30 and also all over Spain. Reception party thereafter at Eagle Square Abuja.

In accordance with our unique tradition, Aso-ebi is fifty thousand dollars. See Aisha for account details. Please make payments promptly and avoid the mad rush .

He is survived by several wives and multiple children(DNA tests will be conducted to verify claims) including

Octopus BecomeRich Canada
Octopus MamaGee UK
Octopus Jarus (still in Nigeria but working furiously on his visa)
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by loma(m): 3:44pm On Oct 26, 2010
Good Day. I do not come to you by chance.

Am the son of d late Paul d Octopus who die today. Before he die he left $1bn in a special vault in World Bank for safekeeping.

As his eldest son I am entitled to that money, from which I will then divide for the rest of the family.

But because our father's wives many, there is, K-leg, and I need your help to claim it. This is not a scam,
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by Mobinga: 3:47pm On Oct 26, 2010
How sad. Coming 2 years after his wedding to paulina cry . He is survived by
Paulina - Wife
Merkel - Daughter
Obama - Son
Mobinga - Friend of the family
Others are mukina, 190, tpia, googles, and a host of others. May his soul rest in perfect peace at octopus heaven
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by Freiburger(m): 3:48pm On Oct 26, 2010
May his/Her soul rest in peace.
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by Seaen(m): 3:55pm On Oct 26, 2010
loma:

Am the son of d late Paul d Octopus who die today. Before he die he left $1bn in a special vault in World Bank for safekeeping.

As his eldest son I am entitled to that money, from which I will then divide for the rest of the family.

But because our father's wives many, there is, K-leg, and I need your help to claim it. This is not a scam,

What!!! angry angry angry I am the eldest. What do u mean. We shall settle it in court. Bowleaze Cove Court. Weymouth.
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by opabukun(m): 3:57pm On Oct 26, 2010
Wat a loss to the sporting world.
RIPP
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by Mbeki: 4:00pm On Oct 26, 2010
loma:

Our enemies(Germans) have done their worst. With great sadness and gratitude to God for a life sportingly spent, our family home and abroad, on land and in the oceans, wishes to announce the untimely death of Our grandfather,father, uncle,, husband, brother, son, and friend, the undoubtedly King of octopuses, Octopus Paul Ejiogbe GCON at the shocking age of 2 years. Due to logistics for people who will be unable to join us at our German family home, burial service will hold simultaneously at our family in Eti-Osa, Lagos, Nigeria on Saturday, October 30 and also all over Spain. Reception party thereafter at Eagle Square Abuja.

In accordance with our unique tradition, Aso-ebi is fifty thousand dollars. See Aisha for account details. Please make payments promptly and avoid the mad rush .

He is survived by several wives and multiple children(DNA tests will be conducted to verify claims) including

Octopus MamaGee UK

Lol!
A condolence register will be opened in all sports secretariat in the country. All the former sports officials, Amos Adamu from Nigeria, Sani Lulu, Maigari will grace the burial
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by naijadiva2(f): 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2010
loma:

ROTFL. . . . .

r u sure u haven't done this b4, looks authentic grin

U guys are so funny
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by suxes2005(m): 4:04pm On Oct 26, 2010
If animal is dis popular - mehn how much
more if it was an human being dat predicted

Na wa oooo

SHALOM
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by eros(m): 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2010
loma:

Octopus MamaGee UK

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by excanny: 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2010
Whao. I need to see the autopsy report of this Paul the Genius. If it were a dog, i would have suspected a certain part of Nigeria for foul play.

I think most of those World Cup fans who wanted his meat as Barbecue/Suya should be paraded as suspects by the police.

Nonsense gluttons.
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by ajalio(f): 4:41pm On Oct 26, 2010
Dear friends,
we are moved to tears about the immense worldwide condolence
in the demise of our beloved Paul. Your words are a consolation to us,
at this moment of grief. Thank you very much!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Paella anyone? grin
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by holydante(m): 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2010
Chief Paul cld not predict his own demise and death? oooppps, i smell a fish
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by trekkie: 5:03pm On Oct 26, 2010
d
holydante:

Chief Paul cld not predict his own demise and death? oooppps, i smell a fish
i was just going to type this same thing
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by Coolabbie: 5:03pm On Oct 26, 2010
suxes2005:

If animal is dis popular - mehn how much
more if it was an human being dat predicted

Na wa oooo

SHALOM
the next world cup wuld soon be upon us so u can try & find out.
excanny:

Whao. I need to see the autopsy report of this Paul the Genius. If it were a dog, i would have suspected a certain part of Nigeria for foul play.

I think most of those World Cup fans who wanted his meat as Barbecue/Suya should be paraded as suspects by the police.

Nonsense gluttons.
lol i heard he died of natural causes. Mr paul rest in the ocean of the Lord.U try
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by judemee: 5:09pm On Oct 26, 2010
Heartfelt condolence to octopus PAUL, may its soul rest in the heaven!!!!,  I feel tht he shud have live more years, but unfortunately octopus have very short life, but did grt predicitons(JOB) in this short time.
what ever that has a begining must have an end goodbye GREAT OCTOPUS PAUL. may God give us another octopus, may be octopus peter or john, life goes on,
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by udeze(m): 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2010
May his or her gentle soul rest in perfect peace - ie if it has a soul lol
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by mukina2: 5:17pm On Oct 26, 2010
loma:

Octopus MamaGee  UK

loma:

Loma you nor well oh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

as for you mobinga if i catch you eh grin grin
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by suxes2005(m): 5:39pm On Oct 26, 2010
Any will?

SHALOM
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by AjanleKoko: 5:41pm On Oct 26, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

After that World Cup debacle, dem Germans were having none of that!
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by gogo123: 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2010
Mbeki:

Lol!
A condolence register will be opened in all sports secretariat in the country. All the former sports officials, Amos Adamu from Nigeria, Sani Lulu, Maigari will grace the burial
what has amos adamu got to do with this, are they selling voting rights to the burial ceremony?
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by Ranoscky(m): 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2010
Adieu
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by UyiIredia(m): 6:30pm On Oct 26, 2010
sorry ooo !!! >>>>  R.I.P  tongue
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by 190: 6:38pm On Oct 26, 2010
MY GOAT OF 11YEARS DIED YESTERDAY

After predicting

the death of ya-adua!
the disappearance of mama-gee
and the bomb blast in eagle square

and no body even remember the goat like this stoopid octopus

Im quiet sure its mObinga THAT used it to do SUYA!!
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by Osama10(m): 6:43pm On Oct 26, 2010
So sad. cry
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by ikamefa(f): 6:49pm On Oct 26, 2010
since e don die make we begin make kalamari soup then

yeye!!!! world cup predicting octopus my watery yansh grin grin
Re: Paul, The World Cup Predicting Octopus Dies by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2010
I surely knew that they must kill the Octopus but I was wondering how long it would take.I hate a situation where you'll know the result of a football match before watching it.It removes the passion in football.I was praying that Mr paul's predictions would not come to pass when it predicted Spains victory against Holland cos I supported Holland but Mr paul bewitched Robben and he missed the type of chances he never missed.I pay my condolences to all Paul's children in da house.May your dad's soul rest in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Actor Desmond Elliot Slaughtered In A Hotel / Yepa! Nicki Minaj Nude Photos Leaked (18+) / Which Of These Is Your Best Position With Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.