Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

If technologies are from GOD they wouldn't be given the names Of Idols - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If technologies are from GOD they wouldn't be given the names Of Idols (469 Views)

Even Atheist Know There Is God They Are Just Angry With Him / Thousands Of Idols Abandoned On India's Streets Due To Covid-19 Disaster / Majority Of Christians Don't Love God, They Live In Fear! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If technologies are from GOD they wouldn't be given the names Of Idols by OpenYourEyes1: 9:33am On Sep 02, 2019
Our first post-flood attempt to be like gods with tower of Babal was crushed by the ALMIGHTY. Have you ask yourself why?
Re: If technologies are from GOD they wouldn't be given the names Of Idols by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:41am On Sep 02, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
Our first post-flood attempt to be like gods with tower of Babal was crushed by the ALMIGHTY. Have you ask yourself?
expanciate

1 Like

Re: If technologies are from GOD they wouldn't be given the names Of Idols by LordReed(m): 10:58am On Sep 02, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
Our first post-flood attempt to be like gods with tower of Babal was crushed by the ALMIGHTY. Have you ask yourself why?

LoL! Yet there are skyscrapers 10x (and more) taller than the tallest ziggurats (type of building the tower of babel was modeled after), your impotent god ignores all of them and instead is helping people hold their shít and find their keys. LMFAO!

3 Likes

Re: If technologies are from GOD they wouldn't be given the names Of Idols by Ihedinobi3: 3:23pm On Sep 02, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
I think that this is an unfortunate way of thinking.

First, the Scriptures say that every good and perfect gift comes from the Lord God, not from any other source. In fact, evil is merely a twisting of the good.

Second, you are obviously using a technology to try to do something that you obviously believe is good to do. If you really believe what your thread title says (namely, that "if technologies are from God, they wouldn't be given the names of idols"), you wouldn't be using the Internet or even clothes or living in housing etc, since all these things are, in fact, technology.
Re: If technologies are from GOD they wouldn't be given the names Of Idols by Ihedinobi3: 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

First, the Scriptures say that every good and perfect gift comes from the Lord God, not from any other source. In fact, evil is merely a twisting of the good.

Second, you are obviously using a technology to try to do something that you obviously believe is good to do. If you really believe what your thread title says (namely, that "if technologies are from God, they wouldn't be given the names of idols"), you wouldn't be using the Internet or even clothes or living in housing etc, since all these things are, in fact, technology.
@OpenYourEyes1, as for the Tower of Babel, the Bible does not teach that the structure itself was any kind of problem. It was the symbolism that mattered.

Nimrod was working to unite the whole human race against the Lord God ("he was a hunter [of human hearts] against the Lord", see Genesis 10:9). The ziggurat was supposed to be a bit like what the Temple in Jerusalem was later to become: the focus of worship, except for the fact that in the case of the Tower of Babel, it would be idolatrous worship.

If Nimrod had succeeded, any humans who still believed in the Lord may have been persecuted into extinction, just like the Antichrist will try to do in the second half of the Tribulation. When the human race has no language, cultural, or legal barriers within itself, it's very easy for ideas to spread among the entire population.

This is why the Lord interfered and divided the hitherto homogeneous group into several different nations with different attitudes to things. That way, faith was preserved in the human race. It has remained difficult since then for Satan to use politics the way that he did then to stamp out Faith from the human race.

During the Tribulation, however, the Lord will permit the nations to come together under the Antichrist to attack the Faith again. In fact, over the past couple of centuries, the groundwork has been in the process of being laid rather feverishly. It is far easier now for nations to work together. A homogeneity of language is growing greater and greater, with the English tongue spoken by very much of the world now. The Internet is also obviously drawing cultures together more and more into one monolithic enterprise. People are growing more and more willing to integrate and synergize their belief systems with others, except for true biblical Christianity, which even Christians today are beginning more and more to take issue with.

It is true then that technology (and certainly politics too) has been in the past, is today, and in the very near future is going to be a major tool in Satan's war against Faith in the Lord - the Tribulation will certainly prove this to be true indeed. But it is not true, for all that, that the Lord is against technology. It is true that the Lord is against rebellion against His Authority and will crush even the tools used against Him in such pursuits, but that does not mean that He prohibits all use of such tools. The Bible does not teach that. We can use technology to honor the Lord, but we must not use it to rebel against Him. If we do so, we too will suffer His Wrath, just like the Antichrist and his cohorts will during the Tribulation and at the Second Advent.
Re: If technologies are from GOD they wouldn't be given the names Of Idols by Ihedinobi3: 3:40pm On Sep 02, 2019
Re: If technologies are from GOD they wouldn't be given the names Of Idols by Ihedinobi3: 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2019
Re: If technologies are from GOD they wouldn't be given the names Of Idols by OpenYourEyes1: 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

GOD allowed technologies to exist now, doesn't mean he is pleased with them. Our Lord Jesus will eventually destroy them in his 2nd coming
Re: If technologies are from GOD they wouldn't be given the names Of Idols by Ihedinobi3: 3:51pm On Sep 02, 2019
Re: If technologies are from GOD they wouldn't be given the names Of Idols by Ihedinobi3: 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2019
Re: If technologies are from GOD they wouldn't be given the names Of Idols by Ihedinobi3: 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

GOD allowed technologies to exist now, doesn't mean he is pleased with them. Our Lord Jesus will eventually destroy them in his 2nd coming
You should probably note that I am only interested in what the Bible actually says, not in anybody's suppositions about God. So, while I agree that God is not necessarily pleased with any given thing just because He lets it exist, I don't believe that I have seen anything to suggest that He is displeased with the existence of technology at all.

Where exactly does the Bible teach that the Lord Jesus will destroy technology?
Re: If technologies are from GOD they wouldn't be given the names Of Idols by OpenYourEyes1: 4:15pm On Sep 02, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

You should probably note that I am only interested in what the Bible actually says, not in anybody's suppositions about God. So, while I agree that God is not necessarily pleased with any given thing just because He lets it exist, I don't believe that I have seen anything to suggest that He is displeased with the existence of technology at all.

Where exactly does the Bible teach that the Lord Jesus will destroy technology?

I mean humans in our fallen state don't deserve science and technologies from satan. Do you agree?
Re: If technologies are from GOD they wouldn't be given the names Of Idols by Ihedinobi3: 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

I mean humans in our fallen state don't deserve science and technologies from satan. Do you agree?

I'm afraid I don't understand your question at all. If we are fallen, that is, if we are rebels just as Satan is too, how could we not be deserving of whatever we get from him?

Then again, it seems to me that you are suggesting that science and technology comes from Satan. Am I right about that? If I am, why do you think so? Where does the Bible teach such a thing?
Re: If technologies are from GOD they wouldn't be given the names Of Idols by OpenYourEyes1: 4:40pm On Sep 02, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I'm afraid I don't understand your question at all. If we are fallen, that is, we are rebels just as Satan is too, how could we not be deserving of whatever we get from him?

Then again, it seems to me that you are suggesting that science and technology comes from Satan. Am I right about that? If I am, why do you think so? Where does the Bible teach such a thing?

Do you trust knowledge from our science? GOD told us not to trust knowledge or philosophies from men.
GOD's Knowledge and Kingdom will stand. HIS Knowledge is the true Knowledge while men knowledge is the false one
Re: If technologies are from GOD they wouldn't be given the names Of Idols by Ihedinobi3: 4:45pm On Sep 02, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Do you trust knowledge from our science. GOD commands us not to trust knowledge or philosophy from men.
GOD's knowledge and kingdom will stand. HIS knowledge is the true knowledge while men knowledge is the false one
Where does the Bible say that we ought not to trust knowledge from men? Philosophy is something else again, so I'm not disagreeing with you about that.

As for whether I trust knowledge from science, I do, but not completely, because interpreting data received from our imperfect investigations into natural phenomena is an imperfect business. Many times, we get the wrong ideas about what the data means. So I don't trust everything that is said in scientific communities.

As for God's Knowledge, I completely agree with you. But I see no reason to make it seem like men cannot derive knowledge from God through the things He created and have that knowledge stand.
Re: If technologies are from GOD they wouldn't be given the names Of Idols by OtemAtum: 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2019
You're not feeling at ease with science and technology simply because the knowledge behind it surpasses the knowledge of your god Jehovah. Actually, your god is anti-technology and anti-science, that's why his brothers who love science have captured him along thousands others in a spiritual cage. Go and read the book of Otem Erectus 226: 1-30

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Deep Discussion On Igbo Spirituality / Money Or Prayer.. / Ex-Strip Dancer To Kanye's "Gold Digger", Now Praises God With "Jesus Is King"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.