Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,542 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

My Story About Malaysia. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Story About Malaysia. (21048 Views)

How I Was Saved From An Accident Yesterday!...my Story! / Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Story About Malaysia. by fris(m): 2:41am On Nov 23, 2010
Ok because i was wondering that i am was only posting a well explicit post to meet the NLer's questions.
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by fris(m): 7:35am On Nov 23, 2010
@promise2

You want to stay there for 7 days.Then you should put into consideration your flight.It is total of 20 hours to Malaysia from Nigeria with egyptair. 5 hours to cairo and stop over 4 hours plus and 10 hours to KL = 20 hours. so you will use two days for flight so you will add 2 days to and 2 days coming home. 3 days + 7 days of your stay is 10 days total.

You will be stamped 2 weeks visit at the Immigration at airport. But don't over stay because it gives you an edge for next visit in future.

1190 Ringgit for 7 days hotel is fine compared to mine.I took the club room with sum to 1500 Ringgit.There are benefits with some of the rooms.1190 Ringgits is 370US $ which is fine.so The 1500$ BTA will cover all.

smiley
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by Rocktation(f): 10:38am On Nov 23, 2010
Fris, how can i contact this friend of yours? Can i get like a mail address or something?
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 23, 2010
Turning something else grin grin 9ja for show lipsrsealed
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by suxes2005(m): 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2010
bandiejay

from wat to wat?
how's life with you bro?

SHALOM
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 24, 2010
@suxes2005
am Good bro N u? , I am some where in the internet smileymaking money too bro after many years in desert cheesy
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by tkb417(m): 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2010
nice thread

apart from the cheap merchandise the OP talked about, i think the hotel rates in Kuala Lumpur are far better than some other countries

all in all, Malaysis is good for holidays

@OP
did you get the NDLEA certificate b4 leaving? if you didnt, i guess thats why you had to tip those asswipes

pls, next time, visit the embassy/sites to know the required documents needed to fly anywhere

first time traveller arent supposed to give any kobo if u have ur necessary papers

nice one!

i wanna go to Hong Kong, anybody been there?
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by suxes2005(m): 6:21pm On Nov 24, 2010
alright bandie, read your story about
that experience, na wa my brother,

let's talk bro pear_prince at yahoo.com

SHALOM
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by ulale: 8:28am On Nov 27, 2010
anyone need advice for visiting or studying in malaysia? do not hesitate to ask me whatever question u have, i hv been in malaysia for 2yrs now.
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by wanaj0: 10:36am On Nov 27, 2010
The only thing cheap in Malaysia is probably hotel and to some extent food. However, over the past one year, the Malaysian currency has gone up so much that has made things expensive.

There is no 'genuine' laptop for RM1k in Malaysia. You can get genuine NETBOOK for like RM1.2k

RM300 for food for how many weeks? How many times do you eat in a day? Depending on where you eat, you can have a meal for like RM10 or if you go to Nandos, it can be like RM25.

For shopping, UK is far better and easier though I found Canada as the cheapest.

Bukit Bintang is the tourist area but not the best place to shop. MidValley Mega Mall is better for shopping. Malaysians hardly shop at Bukit Bintang.

Not sure the reason for Egypt Air. Emirates or Qatar airways seems better and good price also depending on when you book. 200k should do for a return flight.

Dont Come to Malaysia in first week of February. Chinese New year around that time and every one will be on holiday.

Malaysia is particular about race. The Indians are the worst treated with the Malays (not the same as Malaysians) as the special breed. Chinese controls the economy while Malays have political power.

For those into business, household fittings are quite cheap here. Tiles, doors, Bath tubs etc. The varieties are also many.

Visa fee is about N1k! Yes you need vaccination card. First time travellers also require NDLEA certificate.

Instead of travelling to far away Malaysia, why dont you travel to Dubai?
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by yercy12: 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2010
@ fris! thanks for posting this message abt your experience.
can u please give me the info abt how u your friend help u to secure a visa.
I can call u! if u want? if you dont mind send your number to
coolyert@gmail.com.
Thanks brother.
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by promise2(f): 8:24pm On Nov 27, 2010
Hi Ulale are u here? online i mean?
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by promise2(f): 8:37pm On Nov 27, 2010
@ Wanajo, thanks for your contribution here, are you saying that buying stuffs in Dubai is better than buying in Malaysia? or is because Malaysia is very far and ticket fare expensive.

Please explain further this will be appreciated, like comparing Malaysia and Dubai in terms of shopping cheap and quality stuffs
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by yercy12: 8:47pm On Nov 27, 2010
@ promise 2! are u interested in the Malaysia or Dubai? I think both are good but Malaysia is far! There are many quality stuff there despite Dubai is very popular!
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by wanaj0: 12:33am On Nov 28, 2010
promise2:

@ Wanajo, thanks for your contribution here, are you saying that buying stuffs in Dubai is better than buying in Malaysia? or is because Malaysia is very far and ticket fare expensive.

Please explain further this will be appreciated, like comparing Malaysia and Dubai in terms of shopping cheap and quality stuffs

It depends on what you want to buy. PERSONALLY, I am more comfortable buying things in UK. I find it cheaper than Malaysia. Also current strength of the Malaysian currency has made things relatively expensive - I am talking in terms of clothings, shoes etc. Had to buy shoes for people in Malaysia! My experience also shows that the devaluation of the $ against major currencies has made things in the US relatively cheaper.

Anyway, it all depends on the market that you have.

You can check at PARKSON or METROJAYA for price comparison. Those are two of their 'local' stores.
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by swthols(f): 1:23pm On Jan 20, 2011
u don't av to travel all the way to Emirate's office. . .i can work a package lower to 215 for u. . .?
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 24, 2011
I am pleased some one has something good to tell about a country like Malaysia. I am also pleased that you are here on the grounds of tourism and not education or whatever may apply. Malaysia is really a fun place to be with all the right gadgetry and development signs, that makes a country as ours a nightmare to return to when it ever strikes the mind.
1. Constant power supply all over the nation
2. Continuous maintenance of road networks
3. Availability of other means of transport(Monorail, KTM and others)
4. Available Internet at affordable rate
5. and so on,

I really wishes you knew this people and forget the smiles on their face when they are with you. Get to see them in their racist affairs, and have you seldom wondered why it has to be the Indians who are begging and not the Malays or Chinese? The hatred for black skin is here but i am sorry you came around them when the cash is around you and you left too soon. They love you when you have some thing to spend around them and when you refuse to spend, you are history to them, almost at once.

Its a disbelieve that exist amongst us that makes us where we are today in the world's who's who chat. These amenities are the sole reason many Nigerians are here in the first place, and this things allow their government to sap our finances for the sole reason of enriching themselves from the Nigerian purse. What are we waiting for, Nigeria is know economically to be richer than Malaysia and they also survive on oil, holding fast to two ignorant nation around them(Sabah and Sarawak), and sapping the oil for their religious bliss.

For more details on Malaysia and the secrets within this tiny nation, CLICK here
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by filnaija: 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2011
I’ve been here in Malaysia for three years now. I’m not a Nigerian or Malaysian but I’m an Asian. My husband is a Nigerian who’s been here in Malaysia for four years now. It’s true that Malaysia doesn’t give jobs to black, they are racist. There are a lot of Nigerians who are suffering here. Even to find for a house for them is not easy, because there are locals who don’t want to accept blacks as their tenant.

I and my husband are carrying a student visa, that’s the only visa you can have here if you want to be legal and immigration will spare you. Anyway, we are doing business here; we are buying electronics either fair used or brand new a ship it to Naija. My in-law has a shop in Alaba market and we supply goods to him. Since I’m an Asian and I’m visa free to other Asian countries, I also go to Vietnam and Philippines to buy some other goods that sell in Naija. Well, fortunately we are making it here. We have a car and our own house. We also have properties in Nigeria, I was there a week ago, and we had our vacation, but my husband is still in Naija to take care of our new property, he’ll be back here soon. We also help other Nigerians in some ways (specially the new one).

Nigerians here are wise and creative people, they have ways to make money, just make sure you’ll be friends with a right people. Malaysia is earning millions of ringgit from Nigerian. We pay everything here in cash. Nigerians here likes car, electronics, clothes, shoes, etc. There are also some African restaurants here; usually it is located to a place where there are lots of blacks. There are Nigerian shops, like barber shops, boutique, grocery stores etc. maybe you are thinking how they get a business permit? Well, all the Nigerian shop owners I know are married to Malay. Malaysia doesn’t give resident permit or nationality. If you marry Malay, they will give you a marriage pass that is renewable every 3 months. If you want to bring your wife here from Nigeria, if your wife will deliver a child here, Malaysia will give the child a birth certificate but not their nationality.

If you don’t want to have any legal problems here in Malaysia, make sure that you will not make any trouble with their people (especially with pure Muslim Malay). Make sure you are carrying a legal visa; if you are studying here…Please make sure that you’ll get your passport from the school and not carrying a jalan-jalan letter (that is only for police but not for immigration). Valid Visa is a big thing here in Malaysia, because Immigration officers here are also in the road, they also raid apartments and condominiums (especially those places that have lots of blacks, even restaurant). And always keep cash in your pocket (in case there’s a police road block). And most of all, don’t deal with drugs!

If you still want to go here to try your luck…it’s up to you, but make sure you have enough money to start on. When we were in Naija, a lot of people asked us to bring them here…We can help them, but we need to clarify to them that THERE IS NO JOB FOR NIGERIANS IN MALAYSIA…, we can guide them but don’t expect us to adopt them and support their needs (please all our rooms in the house are full and our utility bills are huge already, and its only my me and my husband who’s paying for everything)

1 Like

Re: My Story About Malaysia. by Mutomo: 12:55am On Apr 08, 2011
Please don't come to Malaysia on a tourist/student visa and expect to be gainfully employed. Malaysian law does not allow it - plain and simple. Regardless whether you're African or not the same rules apply to everybody.

Sure there are elements of racism in Malaysia. Pray tell which country in the world does not? Suffice to say if one is a visitor to Malaysia in whatever form then it's very reasonable to expect one to behave and obey the laws. This rule applies to wherever you go in the world.

Malaysian immigration laws is rather restrictive when it comes to foreign spouses of Malaysian citizens - something most Malaysians are in favour of changing but unfortunately that's the way the situation stands at the moment.

Drugs are a big no-no! You will be sentenced to death if you are found guilty in a court of law. Again this is not unique to Malaysia, other countries also have the same draconian anti-drug laws.

Malaysia is very welcoming to foreigners be they students / visitors / business people. All is needed is that they obey the laws.

It's a simple request really.
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by onitilo: 6:03pm On Apr 10, 2011
your story teaches lesson, keep it up man. i really enjoy been with you man. i hope to see your picture next week. thanks a lot.
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by gudlawkyoung: 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
Being a first timer traveler to uk last year, i only pay 200naira to d custom

1 Like

Re: My Story About Malaysia. by dickoflife(m): 1:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
hmn? justwise i believe the ndlea cert issue is only for some countries, the us not included and the yellow card isnt needed for us travellers. it is needed for select countries is that correct?
suxes2005:

Bro 10 yrs ago,

As if i knew someone was going to post this
here before

Justwise, as a first time traveller, the enthutiasm wil b
dia for u to travel nd u r ready to do everythin possible.

The NDLEA officer will ask you for NDLEA cert which some1
here says it cost like 75k.

@OP, post your pix here and i wud like you
do something for me there.

help me collect money from my friend there,
LOL

SHALOM
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by suxes2005(m): 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
dickoflife:
hmn? justwise i believe the ndlea cert issue is only for some countries, the us not included and the yellow card isnt needed for us travellers. it is needed for select countries is that correct?

oko of ile aye, baba I hail plenty.

I doubt if the NDLEA is still required for Malaysia

As per USA, you don't need it.
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by dataideas: 11:14am On Apr 10, 2018
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by abiolaadedoyin(m): 7:23pm On Dec 07, 2022
hello house,holla me if you wish to come and study in malaysia. am actually one of the agent in malaysia and i had been staying in malaysia for 8yrs. u are free to ask questions and i will be glad to respond. thanks
Re: My Story About Malaysia. by expertman(m): 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2022
Give me ur Whatsapp digit let's discuss

abiolaadedoyin:
hello house,holla me if you wish to come and study in malaysia. am actually one of the agent in malaysia and i had been staying in malaysia for 8yrs. u are free to ask questions and i will be glad to respond. thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trailers Fell Along Isoko-Benin-Lagos Expressway, Passengers Stranded (Photos) / Flood Sacks Ugwueke, Abia Community, 500 People Displaced (Photos) / Trailer Crushes Tricycle Driver To Death In Imo State, Destroys Many Shops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.