Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,251 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Is Enugu Becoming A Book City? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is Enugu Becoming A Book City? (418 Views)

Chidi Nwaogu, Just Broke A Fresh Guinness World For Longest Credit On A Book / Read A Book Today!!! / Victor Banjo: A Book By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Enugu Becoming A Book City? by loudmouth18: 3:14pm On Sep 02, 2019
If you ask me, na who I go ask?

But I think I have watched the turn of events in Enugu and I can say for sure, Enugu is becoming a book city. In 2016, Mr Ken Ike - Ashoke Fellow and Zonal Director of FRCN South-East Zone and his colleague, Dike Chukwumerijie - Slam Champion introduced into Enugu, The Enugu Literary Society. Since then Enugu is not only changing, but ensuring that its neighbours are not left behind. You can attest to the "For Arts Sake" the Enugu Literary Society event that brought South East together on a single day (I will write about that later).

But sure enough, Enugu Literary Society is dragging kids and teens into their "reading culture", For some time now, students from some secondary schools have been attending their monthly readings on Saturdays. Check your child dressing up in school uniform and leaving the house on a Saturday, He/She is probably attending Enugu Literary Society Monthly Readings. And thus gradually Enugu is becoming not only a book city but a literary hub. I think Enugu is becoming a liveable city.

Enugu Literary Society Monthly readings, I'm sure holds every second Saturday of the month, includes both an open mic where audience are encouraged to perform or present their works and receive instant peer review and the bookjam, where authors are invited and readings done with a high level of audience interaction. A recent update shows that Enugu Literary Society have just filled the whole Saturdays of the month with a literary event. I don't fully get all the modalities yet, but I'm sure it's more than interesting.

Their venue is at Music Studio of Coal City Fm Enugu (Radio Nigeria Broadcasting House) Onitsha Road, Enugu. By 2pm prompt.

Whatever the cause, spare one Saturday and visit them. Once you attend, come tell me your experience. I'd love that for an update.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Face Of Love Episode 1 / An English Visitor / Reasons Why Students Fail Exam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.