Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

'men Are Scum' 1 Lola Shares On The Zion Rufus' Diary Of A Lagos Girl Series - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'men Are Scum' 1 Lola Shares On The Zion Rufus' Diary Of A Lagos Girl Series (262 Views)

Magical Girl Series Now Out. An Amazing Story Of A 6 Year Old Girl. This Is Wha / Uti Nwachukwu: Ozo Is The Man That Most Men Are Too Cowardly To Be / The Wedding Party 2 & 'Merry Men' Are Now Showing On Netflix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'men Are Scum' 1 Lola Shares On The Zion Rufus' Diary Of A Lagos Girl Series by Veronica617(f): 3:54pm On Sep 02, 2019
She slammed the door.

“Break it o. The door offended you abi?” I taunted.

She didn’t say a word. I perceived trouble.

“Babe what happened?” I asked again. She simply turned her back and pointed at her zipper. I brushed her weave aside and pulled down the zip. She slipped out of her gown and walked to the bathroom.

“Wetin do you na?” I called out to Lola. I heard the shower.

“His head is not correct” she yelled from the bathroom. I sighed. Boy trouble again, am I even surprised? Their head is never correct.

Lola stepped out of the bathroom and wrapped her towel. She picked up the hair dryer on the dressing table and turned it on to dry out her hair.

“Do you wanna talk about it?” I asked again. I was worried for her.

“No love. I don’t” She placed the dryer back on the table and went to bed.

“Alright then” I turned to leave her.

“Becca please help me close the door”

“Ok”. I stepped outside and shut the door. I heard her sobbing.

“What’s wrong with her?” Ruthie asked.

“Boy trouble I guess” I answered.

“Lola? Boy trouble?” Ruthie doubted. “Lola never gets into boy trouble” she added.

“Well, there’s always a first time” I said as I walked to the kitchen. Ruthie followed.

“Is that why she’s locked up in her room?”

“Sometimes it’s good to be alone with your thoughts” I said, smiling.

“Where’s Lex?”

“She’s out with Suits” Ruthie answered. “And you?” She asked.

“And me what?” I couldn’t comprehend her question.

“Yea and you. When are you going out with Timmy?” She explained.

“Sorry sis. He hasn’t met my approval” I opened the fridge and picked a gummy bear.

“Wait what? Your approval? Becca you are proud!” Ruthie yelled

I laughed. “I didn’t know o. You’ve never told me”

“You had better not end up like another soul out of tune with the life force…” She pointed.

“Unfortunately sis, I’ve always been out of tune with the life force” I cut in “Humanity would have to be patient with me to get in harmony with life”

Ruthie seemed confused. My phone rang.

“Won’t you answer it?” Ruthie asked.

“You know I rarely take my calls. Let alone unregistered numbers. I’m scared of people”. We both laughed.

The phone rang again

Me: Hello.

Whoever: Hello Becca, how are you?

Me: Fine. Thank you

Whoever: So where are you?

Me: I’m lost

Whoever: Don’t be cocky. I’m serious. Where are you Becca?

Me: Maybe after you introduce yourself

Ruthie was mouthing something. I couldn’t make out what she was trying to tell me.

Whoever: It’s me. D.D

I was mute.

Whoever: Becca you there? Hello? Hello?

I hung up.

“Who was it?” Ruthie was eager to know.

“Dreadlocks” I responded, sadly.

“That boy just won’t give up” She opened a pack of kilishi and picked two packs of noodles from the top shelf.

“You blame him?” I asked with an air of sarcasm.

“Actually I don’t” Ruthie said “You already told him to go”

Lola staggered into the kitchen. Apparently high, or worse, drunk.

“Na boy do you like this?” Ruthie asked, irritated.

I pulled a chair for her to sit. Her eyes were swollen from crying too much.

“Ruthie please add more to the noodles you are preparing and make it spicy. Please. Lots of pepper, so this thing can wear off”

Lex came in.

“Ahn ahn. What’s happening?” She asked. It was obvious all was not well. At a glance, Anyone could see Lola was a mess.

“Boy trouble” I said. I didn’t know what else to say.

“What sort of boy trouble is that one?” Lex was on edge. “Lola doesn’t have time for boy trouble” she added.

Ruthie picked another pack of noodles.

“I’ll eat too. Please add mine.” Lex said.

“But wait, I thought you two had separated Lola” Ruthie asked.

“Asswear. Wetin do me today ehn! Chai! God! For this Lagos!” Lola finally spoke.

Ok that sounded bad. Whatever it was that happened, must have been really bad.

“How is Suits?” I asked Lex.

“Biko leave Suits first Becca, let Lola talk.”

Well she was right. More pressing issues.

“I want water” Lola pleaded. I picked a bottle from the fridge and handed it to her.

“Babes you won’t believe. Shey you know he has been misbehaving since…”

She was referring to her boyfriend. Or should I say ex? Well I’ll conclude after she finishes her story. He had been acting up for a while.

“Yea we know. At least you told us last week that you think he might be cheating” Ruthie pointed.

“Exactly?” Lola said “He stopped picking calls o. If I text him in the morning, he will not respond till night, and I’ll be seeing him online. But still he won’t reply or call. Oga will even be posting status” A tear dropped.

My legs shook. I was pained. Lex pulled a chair and sat. Ruthie too. The story was getting interesting.

“So are you crying because he stopped picking your calls and responding to your messages?” Lex asked

“My dear sister! Wait first” Lola said as she wrapped the towel properly.

“That’s how I texted him last night that I wanted to come over so we can talk”, she continued.

“Did he agree?” I asked. I wanted the conversation to be over. Ruthie stood up to check the nearly-burning noodles.

Lex lit a blunt and we passed it round. You can’t deal with situations like this while you are sane.

“Yes o. The idiot agreed that we should see and talk. He even said we had a lot to talk about but not in his house. He said we should meet at Maison Fahrenheit, opposite Eko hotel” Lola continued.

“Oya!!!!! Too much money! M.H is very expensive” I exclaimed.

“Maybe he wants to flex muscle na” Lex pointed.

“My sister! I was even happy he suggested Maison Fahrenheit. Because you remember when Becca went there with what’s that guy’s name again sef?”

“Never mind. Continue we get the point” Lex cut her.

“Babe I was happy o. I even dressed to kill. Ejiro helped me pick out the best outfit. Thinking it’s today I’ll get my boyfriend back.”

Ruthie got up again to check the noodles.

“So what happened? He didn’t like your dress?”

Lola laughed hysterically. There was pain even in the laughter.

“When I got there, he had already made himself comfortable. He had ordered sea food and chips for himself.”

“Their sea food is almost 20k. Maison is damn expensive.” I said as I picked a plate to serve the noodles.

“I sat down and poured my heart to him. He just asked me what I wanted, I didn’t even have appetite for food because I was emotionally exhausted, so I asked for a cocktail drink. My dear sisters! My nigga broke up with me right there!” She cried again….

Lex held her. “He broke up with you? And you are crying Lola. This is strange. You’ve never cried over a man before. Is there more to this story?” I asked

“Babes I’d never cry for a man. The idiot said he was done with me and then said he needed to use the bathroom, that I should stop crying. And that when he comes back from the restroom we would talk about it.”

“Then what happened?” Ruthie asked. We were all becoming impatient.

“He never came back o! From the rooftop I could see him as he entered Uber and left. Then the waiter brought me the bill” She had stopped crying. Now it was anger and bitterness.

“What the hell!” We all screamed.

“Omo the bill was 55k o! I nearly died. Out of shame I brought out my card and paid. Apparently, he ordered several things even before I got there”

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of EVIL CAT Is This? Kindly See This Movie To Know. / Just In: Cindy Evicted From BBNaija / Tacha Apologizes To Titans And Nigerians (full Text)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.