Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) (5362 Views)

Arnold Schwarzenegger Attacked In South Africa (Video). / Arnold Schwarzenegger Crushes Limousine With A 50-ton Armored Tank(Photos) / Peter Okoye Rewards Fan Who Passed "Picture Difference" Test (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by Explorers(m): 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2019
Arnold posted a tribute to his best friend and “partner in crime” Franco Columbu.

The eulogy for the fellow actor and bodybuilding superstar is so heartfelt and honest that it’s difficult to keep the tears at bay.

Columbu, who is originally from Sardinia, passed away in a hospital there last Friday at the age of 78.

The man had become ill after going for a swim in the ocean, according to the media.

https://www.boredpanda.com/arnold-schwarzenegger-message-friend-francesco-franco-columbu-passed-away/?cexp_id=20759&cexp_var=59&_f=featured&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by Explorers(m): 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2019
The former governor of California wrote online that he and Columbu “pushed each other”, “competed with each other”, and the pair “laughed at every moment along the way.”

The pair had first met each other in Germany, where they became friendly rivals.

The men were inseparable their friendship lasted 54 years

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by Explorers(m): 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2019
The two bodybuilders acted together in The Terminator, The Running Man, and Conan the Barbarian.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by Explorers(m): 7:26pm On Sep 02, 2019
But Columbo was far more than a friend to Schwarznegger he was practically family.

Arnold named him his best man in 1986 when he got married to Maria Shriver.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by seankafor(m): 7:26pm On Sep 02, 2019
People die every day..

RIP to the dead
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 02, 2019
Damn.. i feel cold rash all over me. What a tribute to a loved friend.

The realities of life. Time be born and time to die.

Rest well.

3 Likes

Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by Explorers(m): 7:28pm On Sep 02, 2019
The Hollywood star said: 'I love you Franco.

I will always remember the joy you brought to my life and the twinkle in your eye that never disappeared.

You were my best friend'

'We grew and we learned and we loved.

My life was more fun, more colorful, and more complete because of you.'

The pair met in Munich 54 years ago and instantly struck up a friendship, going on to become training partners and starring together in the hit 1977 documentary Pumping Iron.

They competed at the Mr Olympia together in the 70s and early 80s.

Colombu was known as Arnold's squire, and the Austrian always claimed the Italian was the strongest man he ever knew.

Columbu is survived by his wife, Deborah, and their daughter, Maria.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by Hadizometer: 7:28pm On Sep 02, 2019
Let's finally vote to know who's d greatest:
Like for Explorers, Share for NwaAmaikpe

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by odizeey(m): 7:28pm On Sep 02, 2019
See Muzzu.

See lap.

RIP
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by starbuck(f): 7:32pm On Sep 02, 2019
My specs of a man shocked shocked but I don use fufu belleful my husband...

RIP

1 Like

Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by safarigirl(f): 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2019
Friendships like this are rare.

Especially in today's world, where everyone is too consumed with their own problems to make time for others. When our gadgets are more of our friends than the people we see around us, how do you celebrate a 54-year old friendship? Most people can barely do 10 years

Rest In Peace Mr. Columbus and my condolences to Arnold

9 Likes

Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by sisisioge: 7:52pm On Sep 02, 2019
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

How time flies. Lucky they found each other. Life's journey is too boring to not have someone to really share with. May God grant him good passage and bless his memories. Whew!

1 Like

Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by qualityovenbake(m): 8:06pm On Sep 02, 2019
They were true with their work,

True with their words,

True with their Friendship..

True Friendship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by tillaman(m): 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2019
So hard to say good bye
He lived a good life
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by Abfinest007(m): 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2019
take heart because a good friend is better than a bad brother

2 Likes

Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by StephenBB(m): 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2019
Those muscles will make u think twice
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by Treasure17(m): 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2019
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by OiOi: 8:26pm On Sep 02, 2019
Using steroids will mess up your system up truly
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by LearnITsmash(m): 8:43pm On Sep 02, 2019
No Nigerian will ever write this beautiful piece for his friend, bunch of black animals undecided

1 Like

Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by APOPTOSIS: 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2019
Chaaaiiiii
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 02, 2019
LearnITsmash:
No Nigerian will ever write this beautiful piece for his friend, bunch of black animals undecided

Stop using bad words on Nigerians if you think your family are animals is okay. Pls don't make other races look down on Africa. Then another slavery will come. Because have not yet drilled your mouth or pack you like sardines in boat. You will not know how it felt.

1 Like

Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by generationz(f): 9:19pm On Sep 02, 2019
Explorers:
The former governor of California wrote online that he and Columbu “pushed each other”, “competed with each other”, and the pair “laughed at every moment along the way.”

The pair had first met each other in Germany, where they became friendly rivals.

The men were inseparable their friendship lasted 54 years

He obviously was never jealous of his friend's many successes, that was why they lasted for so long.

If you have just one of this type of friend in your life, you are luckier than someone with a million dollars with vipers as friends.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by siegfried99(m): 9:20pm On Sep 02, 2019
Wow
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by okooloyun1(m): 9:35pm On Sep 02, 2019
So touching...
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by SOFTDRINK: 9:47pm On Sep 02, 2019
Post like this have me playing

"What is a friend" by Busy Signal on repeat.

#Conscious Vibes

Friendship is not something you get in just a day, it's a seed you nurture with love, loyalty and respect that blossom to become the best thing you'd ever wish for in a lifetime.
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by henriche(m): 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2019
Oyibos sabi do friend. Nija hustle go everly separate una.
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by kenneyyice(m): 4:48am On Sep 03, 2019
I feel his pain.
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by rex444(m): 5:04am On Sep 03, 2019
safarigirl:
Friendships like this are rare.

Especially in today's world, where everyone is too consumed with their own problems to make time for others. When our gadgets are more of our friends than the people we see around us, how do you celebrate a 54-year old friendship? Most people can barely do 10 years

Rest In Peace Mr. Columbus and my condolences to Arnold
we can actually make a change on that....I strongly believe that good friendship is worth more than anything in life .......a good friend will make our stay on earth blissful. ...still searching for more of this kinda friends
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by DIKEnaWAR: 6:37am On Sep 03, 2019
True friendship there.

Take heart. At least, he died at a ripe old age. May he rest in peace.
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by Nmezor(f): 8:26am On Sep 03, 2019
So touching ,may his soul rest in peace . Amen
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by Olayinka8793(m): 1:29pm On Sep 05, 2019
M
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Posted Tribute To Friend Of 54 Years Who Passed Away(Pics) by FarahAideed: 1:36pm On Sep 05, 2019
I have only one best friend and she is my wife

(1) (2) (Reply)

SEXY Photos:mercy Johnson Shows Off Her Body In 1st Photoshoot Since Having Bby / Meet The Biracial Twins No One Believes Are Sisters / Top 10 Richest People In Africa - Latest List, 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.