Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,160 members, 7,825,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People (2230 Views)

Sowore: The Revolution They Are Running From Is About To Happen / Sowore: The FG Is Fighting Obi & Datti Because They Are Partners In Crime / Pat Utomi: Fulanis Made Me Rich, They Did More For Me Than My Own People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by Ume1991: 8:59pm On Sep 02, 2019
When sowore, the editor in chief, sahara news reporters was planning his #revolutionNow protest, he was fully convinced that he has the support of Yoruba majority. Thought, right from early age, omoyele sowore was a dominant figure in civil right activism; this could be confirmed by record of numerous protest he led during his university days and against past dictatorship in Nigeria. Driven by his penchant for fair and better Nigeria, he wants to champion the course of through democracy in Nigeria by leading the biggest mass rovolt against tyrannical government that currently exist in Nigeria. Inspired by his contemporary in the east, sowore departed Nigeria to meet maazi Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of indigenous people of Biafra , in faraway United State of America.
Prior to August 5, 2019, the #RevolutionNow protest day, sowore was arrested and bundled from his residence like a common criminal without any resistance, by agent of DSS. He was subsequently charged to court for plotting to overthrow the present government by meeting the leader of indigenous people of Biafra, Maazi Nnamdi Kanu. One would have expect a massive protest from Yoruba's to press the release of sowore, but no southwest leader so far have question the government about sowore. Yoruba youths are more concerned to attacking Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB than championing the release of their brother. Bola Ammed Tinubu believes the treatment serves sowore rightly because he's eyeing 2023 presidency. Regrettably, sowore had become a man rejected by his own people.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by Tocynone(m): 9:03pm On Sep 02, 2019
Ask him about the role he played in "Occupy Nigeria Protest"

5 Likes

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by Mutemenot(m): 9:05pm On Sep 02, 2019
Op, haven't you heard this quote before ?
"If i'm sleeping and wake up to hear Yorubas beating the drum of war, i'll go back to sleep" - IBB, 1993.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by Simplyleo: 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2019
[s]
Ume1991:
When sowore, the editor in chief, sahara news reporters was planning his #revolutionNow protest, he was fully convinced that he has the support of Yoruba majority. Thought, right from early age, omoyele sowore was a dominant figure in civil right activism; this could be confirmed by record of numerous protest he led during his university days and against past dictatorship in Nigeria. Driven by his penchant for fair and better Nigeria, he wants to champion the course of through democracy in Nigeria by leading the biggest mass rovolt against tyrannical government that currently exist in Nigeria. Inspired by his contemporary in the east, sowore departed Nigeria to meet maazi Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of indigenous people of Biafra , in faraway United State of America.
Prior to August 5, 2019, the #RevolutionNow protest day, sowore was arrested and bundled from his residence like a common criminal without any resistance, by agent of DSS. He was subsequently charged to court for plotting to overthrow the present government by meeting the leader of indigenous people of Biafra, Maazi Nnamdi Kanu. One would have expect a massive protest from Yoruba's to press the release of sowore, but no southwest leader so far have question the government about sowore. Yoruba youths are more concerned to attacking Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB than championing the release of their brother. Bola Ammed Tinubu believes the treatment serves sowore rightly because he's eyeing 2023 presidency. Regrettably, sowore had become a man rejected by his own people.

[/s]
Nonsense.

If yoruba abandon sowore, why na una come carry the matter for head? Is it your abandoning?

How many times una want hear say Yorubas no too send wetin sowore dey talk? Why are you taking panadol for another man headache?

All your efforts to pitch other Nigerians against the govt have been failing and will continue failing.

Nonsense and ingredients.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 02, 2019
I feel so bitter no Yoruba leader spoke up for Sowore. They are too busy with their bullion vans and flying around the world in their $35 million dollar private jet.

9 Likes

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by TheExecutioner: 9:31pm On Sep 02, 2019
Once upon a time, a certain military officer staged a coup and overthrew a democratically elected civilian administration.

He ought to have been stood up against a wall and have the life flogged out of him. But this is Nigeria where criminals get away with crimes all the time.

Today, that criminal has assembled an army of sub-intelligent dedicated ass kissers to sing his praises and bark like mad dogs at any criticism of his stupidity and incompetence.

It just goes to show that Nigeria's case is beyond redemption.

Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Nonsense.

If yoruba abandon sowore, why na una come carry the matter for head? Is it your abandoning?

How many times una want hear say Yorubas no too send wetin sowore dey talk? Why are you taking panadol for another man headache?

All your efforts to pitch other Nigerians against the govt have been failing and will continue failing.

Nonsense and ingredients.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2019
TheExecutioner:
Once upon a time, a certain military officer staged a coup and overthrew a democratically elected civilian administration.

He ought to have been stood up against a wall and have the life flogged out of him. But this is Nigeria where criminals get away with crimes all the time.

Today, that criminal has assembled an army of sub-intelligent dedicated ass kissers to sing his praises and bark like mad dogs at any criticism of his stupidity and incompetence.

Sad but true. Until Nigerians do away with PDP,APC and APGA and turn to technocrats from the private sector. It will remain a tyrannical failed state.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by aremuforlife(m): 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2019
[/quote][quote author=ChiefkeefGB4 post=81862107]
Sad but true. Until Nigerians do away with PDP,APC and APGA and turn to technocrats from the private sector. It will remain a tyrannical failed state.
In democracy, you can't do without political parties. Because that is the first qualification you need to be qualify as an aspirant.
That is the way it is practice all over the world
Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by Ume1991: 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2019
Mutemenot:
Op, haven't you heard this quote before ?
"If i'm sleeping and wake up to hear Yorubas beating the drum of war, i'll go back to sleep" - IBB, 1993.
I guess you mean this!

13 Likes

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by Simplyleo: 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2019
[s]
TheExecutioner:

[/s]
Try harder, buhari remains the president and commander in chief of the armed forces of the federal republic of nigeria till 29 May 23 and there is absolutely nothing any ipob can do about it.

They went and queued behind athifku, e no work, they became shiite members overnight because of Buhari, e still no work, they used fulani herdsmen approach, kole work, they used jubrin approach, lai lai, now na sowore, e no go still work.

Kill yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by aremuforlife(m): 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2019
Nobody abandon him, he never carried them along. Sowore is a politician, do you expect his political opponent to come to his rescue.
He came out opening and denied being a Yoruba man and claimed to an Ijaw man.
I'm not saying people should not go for his rescue, but stop painting the yoruba's evil.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by helinues: 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2019
Sowore was fighting for his pockets not the masses.

Presidential candidate for that matter.. Let him carry his own cross.. Nobody sent him message

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by comradewanle(m): 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2019
When I saw Sowere who had contested and lose an election engaging in the following :
1. Meeting with Nnamdi Kanu whom has a court case in Nigeria (which govt saw as one to execute Kanu's plan);
2. Protesting with Party flag and logo;
3. Protesting with his picture on the vest;
4. Belief in media than reality ( he was fully convinced that he has the support of Yoruba majority)
5. Rally round with the people who are not ready for revolution;

I knew the plan is dead before it started/ dead on arrival.

Let me tell u @ OP. Sowore is not fighting for the liberation of Yoruba region/ tribe unlike Kanu, if Yoruba had believed in him, they would have voted for him. For the fact he bears Yoruba's name does not guarantee him Yoruba's surport. At times, Yoruba don't behave like that. So neglecting him by Yoruba does not translate to traitor. Pls don't see Sowore's fight as Yoruba fight.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by TheExecutioner: 10:34pm On Sep 02, 2019
Hehehe grin The triggering is very strong with this one!
Does IPOB mean "Intelligent People Of Brains?"

If that's what it means, then I'd rather join them than live the life of a fool who cries like wounded dog whenever his master is rightfully held up for ridicule. grin

Given that the dullard has already turned this shithole into the global capital of extreme poverty in just 3 years of being in office, I'm eagerly waiting and watching to see what further damage he can inflict until May 23rd 2023 grin

It's going to be fun! grin

Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
[s]Try harder, buhari remains the president and commander in chief of the armed forces of the federal republic of nigeria till 29 May 23 and there is absolutely nothing any ipob can do about it.

They went and queued behind athifku, e no work, they became shiite members overnight because of Buhari, e still no work, they used fulani herdsmen approach, kole work, they used jubrin approach, lai lai, now na sowore, e no go still work.

Kill yourself. [/s]
Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by Simplyleo: 10:40pm On Sep 02, 2019
[s]
TheExecutioner:

Hehehe  grin The triggering is very strong with this one!
Does IPOB mean "Intelligent People Of Brains?"

If that's what it means, then I'd rather join them than live the life of a fool who cries like wounded dog whenever his master is rightfully held up for ridicule.  grin

Given that the dullard has already turned this shithole into the global capital of extreme poverty in just 3 years of being in office, I'm eagerly waiting and watching to see what further damage he can inflict until May 23rd 2023  grin

It's going to be fun!  grin

[/s]
Lame.

Infact lamer than the previously posted crap.

So, I repeat, try harder or kill yourself.
Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by TheExecutioner: 10:49pm On Sep 02, 2019
[img]https://images./1UnvVxAArYHlwZfKtOy11w.jpg[/img]

Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Lame.

Infact lamer than the previously posted crap.

So, I repeat, try harder or kill yourself.

1 Like

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by Simplyleo: 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2019
[s]
TheExecutioner:

[img]https://images./1UnvVxAArYHlwZfKtOy11w.jpg[/img]

[/s]
Is this the best you can achieve?

Still lame though. grin
Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by MetaPhysical: 10:54pm On Sep 02, 2019
Ijaw people abandoned their son.

1 Like

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by TheExecutioner: 11:03pm On Sep 02, 2019
[img]https://images./5cuZ1xDyJGvEm7sVyqcJBn.jpg[/img]

Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Is this the best you can achieve?

Still lame though. grin

2 Likes

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by Simplyleo: 11:04pm On Sep 02, 2019
TheExecutioner:

[img]https://images./5cuZ1xDyJGvEm7sVyqcJBn.jpg[/img]

Still not sticking, go and prepare another one. grin

Lol, all these efforts on top sowore matter, nawa for ipob o. grin
Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by TheExecutioner: 11:18pm On Sep 02, 2019
[img]https://images./6JaoVkocmSRgcmdj5edvIR.jpg[/img]

Simplyleo:

Still not sticking, go and prepare another one. grin

Lol, all these efforts on top sowore matter, nawa for ipob o. grin

2 Likes

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by wowcatty: 11:18pm On Sep 02, 2019
So every reject must be hanged on Yoruba now? Can you tell us how Sowore is Yoruba?

If Sowore could go to ijaw palace to say "my family spoke Ijaw until Yoruba polluted us," why is he complaining if he's Yoruba? I'm Yoruba and will never complain of being polluted with Yoruba language. So for you poster, you are either Yoruba or you are not, you can't be Yoruba when it pleases you and complain of being polluted by Yoruba language when you want.

Yoruba are the people to gaslight at every opportunity.

I wanted to support Sowore even after I was warned that he's working for the politicians but when I watched his campaign videos, 3 things got me changed my mind.

1. When a reporter asked him what he would do about restructuring, he said "there can't be any restructuring without first doing certain things" the explanation left me dumbfounded.
2. I thought he was Yoruba, until I watched the video he did in an Ijaw palace on how "my family spoke Ijaw until Yoruba polluted us."
3. He went to fulani emir first and respected them and then got to Ooni and disrespected him.

I couldn't find the very video I was looking for but here is another one where he made it clear that he's Ijaw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1uwnKLV1Mc

Here it is at 29 minutes mark & 31 too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5MGS5sqdZ4

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by Simplyleo: 11:20pm On Sep 02, 2019
TheExecutioner:
[img]https://images./6JaoVkocmSRgcmdj5edvIR.jpg[/img]

Is that all? Oya, goan prepare another one. grin

Sowore must be free tonight grin
Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by menacetosociety: 11:31pm On Sep 02, 2019
Ume1991:

lol what a load of rubbish !u Igbos no get sense at all chai!
Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by menacetosociety: 11:33pm On Sep 02, 2019
Who told these imbeciles that Sowore is a Yoruba man
Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by gidgiddy: 11:55pm On Sep 02, 2019
Ume1991:

El Zakzaky was arrested, IMN kept protesting for his release until recently he was allowed to go to India

Nnamdi Kanu was arrested, IPOB kept protesting until he was released on bail

Omoyele Sowore is arrested, every body disappeared

1 Like

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by Earthquake1: 12:00am On Sep 03, 2019
Chai look at how cowards are abandoning their own

Thank God I wasn't born into such cowardly tribe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by MetaPhysical: 12:04am On Sep 03, 2019
Earthquake1:

Many of us thought he was Yoruba but Ibos and your SS cotravellers convinced us he is in fact your son, not Yoruba. Carry your load abeg. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by wowcatty: 12:15am On Sep 03, 2019
Maybe people are working underground. How long has Sowore been behind bars and how long was Nnamdi locked up for? Both are not doing the right thing. Sowore should be fighting for regional govt and decentralization of power not some 30k minimum wage nonsense, anyone who gets killed for that dies in vain. Only one thing can save Nigeria for those who really want Nigeria to remain, that is regional govt, anything else is a waste of time.
gidgiddy:

El Zakzaky was arrested, IMN kept protesting for his release until recently he was allowed to go to India

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by MetaPhysical: 12:25am On Sep 03, 2019
gidgiddy:

Yoruba monetize injustice. grin

When we are unjustly treated we go to court and turn injustice into concessions. We have no time to carry flags up and down like ipob. We are looking for tangible results not UN sympathy. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by wowcatty: 12:52am On Sep 03, 2019
If you are not sick in the head, you will know that you are the one from the lineage of cowardice and not just that but that of dumb liars too. Are ijaws Yoruba now or Omoyele Sowore just doesn't know where he's from according to your twisted mind? If it's some achievement now, you will still be the one to say he's not Yoruba.
Earthquake1:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore, The Plight Of A Man Abandoned By His Own People by MrColdsweat: 1:51am On Sep 03, 2019
TheExecutioner:

Everything about people from that region is questionable.

How can you claim to be educated and still vote an uneducated coup-plotter to head a Democratic government?

Its more like hiring an ex-armed robber as a bank manager....

I don't know the education they receive in that region.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dasuki Was Held 4 Years, But Emefiele Who Released Money Was Retain– Sule Lamido / Biafra : "I Can Decide Who Lives Or Who Dies" - Nnamdi Kanu Explodes / Anti-france Protest Erupt In Abuja As Shi'ites Burn The French National Flag@hnk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.