Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

I Was Just Scammed In Freelancer... Freelance Gurus What Are Your Sugesstions - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Was Just Scammed In Freelancer... Freelance Gurus What Are Your Sugesstions (781 Views)

I Was Just Scammed 2k This Morning / Please Help!!! This Guy Just Scammed Me!!! / Scammers Patricia.com.ng Btc Gift Cards Just Scammed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Just Scammed In Freelancer... Freelance Gurus What Are Your Sugesstions by rencemartins24(m): 9:58pm On Sep 02, 2019
I registered on freelancer as a writer and started bidding for jobs...I got a first one or was about to get one...The client requested for a security fee before handing over the job...but he requested the payment on skrill, which I did and then he blocked the chat and went offline immediately...What do I do pls I need suggestions. cry
Re: I Was Just Scammed In Freelancer... Freelance Gurus What Are Your Sugesstions by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2019
Na wa for you o! You people sef, its folks like you that makes the scammers continue to take us for fools.

How can a person who was to award a job to you ask you to pay money to get the job and you obliged. Why can't you tell him to deduct it from the money he is to pay you?

I don't understand why y'all keep falling for petty tricks like such. Its pathetic.

6 Likes

Re: I Was Just Scammed In Freelancer... Freelance Gurus What Are Your Sugesstions by rencemartins24(m): 10:18pm On Sep 02, 2019
Mysteriouz:
Na wa for you o! You people sef, its folks like you that makes the scammers continue to take us for fools.

How can a person who was to award a job to you ask you to pay money to get the job and you obliged. Why can't you tell him to deduct it from the money he is to pay you?

I don't understand why y'all keep falling for petty tricks like such. Its pathetic.
After making payments I realized I just made a big mistake ...but like they say one beaten twice shy....Pls how would you suggest I go about my negotiations...am a newbie though and I don't mind to be guided
Re: I Was Just Scammed In Freelancer... Freelance Gurus What Are Your Sugesstions by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 02, 2019
rencemartins24:
After making payments I realized I just made a big mistake ...but like they say one beaten twice shy....Pls how would you suggest I go about my negotiations...am a newbie though and I don't mind to be guided
Well, I'm not a freelancer so I really don't know what and how to advice you.

You should talk to the freelancer gurus.. Hope they see this thread.

But a friendly advice, be careful!
Re: I Was Just Scammed In Freelancer... Freelance Gurus What Are Your Sugesstions by rencemartins24(m): 10:26pm On Sep 02, 2019
Mysteriouz:
Well, I'm not a freelancer so I really don't know what and how to advice you.

You should talk to the freelancer gurus.. Hope they see this thread.

But a friendly advice, be careful!
Sure I will be more careful next time.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Just Scammed In Freelancer... Freelance Gurus What Are Your Sugesstions by rencemartins24(m): 6:21am On Sep 03, 2019
Re: I Was Just Scammed In Freelancer... Freelance Gurus What Are Your Sugesstions by stagger: 7:26am On Sep 03, 2019
rencemartins24:
I registered on freelancer as a writer and started bidding for jobs...I got a first one or was about to get one...The client requested for a security fee before handing over the job...but he requested the payment on skrill, which I did and then he blocked the chat and went offline immediately...What do I do pls I need suggestions. cry
Do u have a brain at all? There is an escrow service which the site instituted to protect you as a freelancer. Not only did you not use it, you broke the terms and conditions of the site by making a payment to someone who is supposed to pay you for the job. You also used Skrill that offers no charge back.

Triple mugu.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Just Scammed In Freelancer... Freelance Gurus What Are Your Sugesstions by rencemartins24(m): 9:01am On Sep 03, 2019
stagger:

Do u have a brain at all? There is an escrow service which the site instituted to protect you as a freelancer. Not only did you not use it, you broke the terms and conditions of the site by making a payment to someone who is supposed to pay you for the job. You also used Skrill that offers no charge back.

Triple mugu.
Lesson learnt

1 Like

Re: I Was Just Scammed In Freelancer... Freelance Gurus What Are Your Sugesstions by wakes: 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2019
stagger:

Triple mugu.
Show him. Small love na. He is already in a mess.
Re: I Was Just Scammed In Freelancer... Freelance Gurus What Are Your Sugesstions by rencemartins24(m): 11:53am On Sep 05, 2019
wakes:

Show him. Small love na. He is already in a mess.
Thank you my broda.... I requested for suggestions and am seeing hate....
Re: I Was Just Scammed In Freelancer... Freelance Gurus What Are Your Sugesstions by mcqwerty(m): 8:06pm On Sep 05, 2019
Make a formal complaint to the site admin
Re: I Was Just Scammed In Freelancer... Freelance Gurus What Are Your Sugesstions by emman44(m): 9:57pm On Sep 05, 2019
rencemartins24:
It happens but you have to be smart. There is no how you can go on dispute with him because he didn't award the project to you nor created a milestone for the task. Learn from what happened and move on.
Understand this, before you commence on any project on freelancer make sure employer award and create agreed milestone, I.e only accept award when milestone is created.
This is what I do when employer create milestone, I quickly check my financial dashboard on a new tab. Just at the top you would find incoming milestone once this is confirmed I will accept the awarded project.
Re: I Was Just Scammed In Freelancer... Freelance Gurus What Are Your Sugesstions by walewriter: 12:16am On Sep 06, 2019
Even if you are not interested, it wouldn't hurt to check it out. The last Fiverr tutorial you'll ever need starts soon. Book your interest now. https://www.nairaland.com/5389343/last-fiverr-tutorial-ever-need

Re: I Was Just Scammed In Freelancer... Freelance Gurus What Are Your Sugesstions by Samiyoung2020: 12:52pm On Nov 16, 2020
It is really very saddening how people would choose to scam others. I am also in your shoes. But I have not made payment because, I see no reason why an employer would be asking for a fee when he is supposed to pay me. I just ignored the job. Please I just registered of Freelancer yesterday. Any other advice on bidding?

(1) (Reply)

God is good / Water Bottle - Labels, Custom Packaging Etc / Free Report: How To Setup An Online Business That Pays You While You Sleep.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.