Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

#Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It (52105 Views)

CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa / Students Shut Down Shoprite In Ogun Over Xenophobia In South Africa / Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 03, 2019
Some Nigerian IQ is below zero I swear .
They attack Nigerians in South Africa
We attack Nigerians in Nigeria because they are the ones working in shoprite not south Africans.

What the govt is to do is just shut it down, that way the Nigerian there will be safe. Let's not score own goal in the name of reprisal attack.

5 Likes

Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by ikorodureporta: 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2019
Instead of looting... wetin b protest??
Una go hear d kyne one for ShopRite Apapa grin
Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by Ooye12: 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2019
Sonfethopia:

Keyboard ⌨ warrior,go and burn their embassy na.
this is what is killing us , Nigeria can’t never support Nigeria till next Nigeria
Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by madenigga(m): 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2019
omen e don start o cheesy.

Chai and shoprite is not in Rivers state cry
Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by UrVillagePpl: 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2019
bb9ja omashola hyping south Africa(since 1986) need to hear this grin grin cool cool

best news i have heard today..

no worry we go use EVERYDAY SUPERMARKET from now henceforth...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by Obaino12: 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2019
They can do more than that. kudos to them more job to do

1 Like

Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by Sannisege: 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2019
2special:
oga whether franchise or no franchise... we don't want to see them around
But shey no be Nigerians dey work for those Shoprite outlets you people want to burn down? Abeg make una think well ooooo before una go send your countrymen back to the streets jobless.
Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by awoo47: 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2019
tsdarkside:
this fools think we are jokin....
we will drive them out of nigeria and china will take over....!!
we prefer chinese to this morafvckers anyways....
f pan africana....!!
chase who exactly? hw many South Africans do u see in shoprite ure go gonna let ppl lose dere job
Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by awoo47: 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2019
tsdarkside:
this fools think we are jokin....
we will drive them out of nigeria and china will take over....!!
we prefer chinese to this morafvckers anyways....
f pan africana....!!
chase who exactly? hw many South Africans do u see in shoprite ure go gonna let ppl lose dere job

1 Like

Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by izzou(m): 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2019
MaziOmenuko:

All, Sir, All! Nobody runs a chain of business single-handedly! All they do is ensure the right people are given the franchise so that the brand will not be tarnished, just the same way bad franchisees tarnished the Mr Biggs brand.

No, sir! Insurance is the purview of the franchisee, not the franchiser. They have little or no tangible asset with the franchisee, just a brand name. What are they insuring?

I asked you because the one my friend works in is not a franchise.

But here you are saying all....

Now I know you don't know what you're saying
Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by Baroba(m): 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2019
Unnecessary, these companies provide jobs Nigerian government or businesses will never provide, these are people's livelihood that are been threatened..

Africa as a whole needs to be re -colonised, savages running around everywhere..

3 Likes

Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by MaziOmenuko: 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2019
RTSC2:

You want them to start killing people back or what?
Let people vent in a safe way.

It is left for the govt to do what is right.

There's a South African Embassy in this country, isn't it? There's a United Nations office in this country where SA holds a respectable seat isn't it? Why can't we occupy those offices till further notice?

Seunnzy:

ehn the franchise or whatever will inturn pass the message to their oga

Lol...you still don't get the message, do you?

silibaba:
at least no more loyalty.

let TWINS FAJA take over shoprite
GLO take over MTN
NTA take of dstv and gotv
GTBank take over stanbic ibtc

Lol...One word summarises all your suggestion..."Ignorance"... and i mean that in a good way

1 Like

Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by tsdarkside(m): 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2019
awoo47:
chase who exactly?
hw many South Africans do u see in shoprite
ure go gonna let ppl lose dere job

who cares....you mean the petty shops that nigerians own in south africa would hurt nigeria....??

sing us another lollaby....we dont care no more....!!

1 Like

Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by Timoleon(m): 5:03pm On Sep 03, 2019
This is the sad reality. There are very few, almost insignificant number of South Africans in Nigeria. These companies are basically Nigerian. Yes their parent companies are South African, majority of the employees and even share holders in their Nigerian subsidiaries are Nigerians.

MaziOmenuko:

The joke is on you! Those shoprites branches you see belong to Nigerians. Its called a 'franchise', you can look up the word. You can buy a franchise to open a shoprite; royalties are being remitted to the brand owners, who may not even be in Nigeria. Same goes for MTN; most of the outlets are owned by Nigerians, selling services offered by MTN and remitting to MTN. MTN is now listed in Nigerian stock exchange and sold-out within two days. Who you think over-subscribed the shares? They generate tax revenue, have Nigerian staff, supervisors and Managers, have chains of outsourced services that keeps other Nigerian SME's running, engage in CSR's that contribute in its own little way to improve communities they are; they contribute positively to the Nigerian economy!

Be there and be destroying Nigerian businesses while those motherfvckers kill people. They waste people's lives and you are looting groceries and table water.

Jokers!
Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by lexy2014: 5:03pm On Sep 03, 2019
Racoon:
Pls close down all SA business ventures/outlets and let the Nigerian government cut off diplomatic relations with this ungrateful and irresponsible country.
angry

Cut off fire. Buhari doesn't have d balls 4 that. Instead he sent an envoy to SA. D purpose for that is what even Albert Einstein can't figure out

2 Likes

Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by Mcreloaded(m): 5:05pm On Sep 03, 2019
Instead of shoprite or MTN thats a franchise why not locate South African embassy,unless they dont have one in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by fela4live: 5:05pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nonsense! The people they are attacking are Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by fela4live: 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2019
Mcreloaded:
Instead of shoprite or MTN thats a franchise why not locate South African embassy,unless they dont have one in Nigeria
Thank you my brother. That should be target.

5 Likes

Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by Naxtrad(m): 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2019
Kingkun69:
and your fellow countrymen lose their jobs you must be a clown

loosing jobs or killing your brothers which one do u prefer? job that u can get another one if u are alive...
Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by tsdarkside(m): 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2019
this attacks and hate against nigerians has gottin too much....

how is it our fault you dont understand how to deal with nigerian criminals....??

if its lawlesness they want,lawlessness they shall get even in their countries....!!
Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by lekzhortin(m): 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2019
Libyans killed Nigerians no reaction from the Government
South Africans now killing Nigerians and our government still keep mute
Nigeria Government suffering their citizens
My brothers and sisters my question is "when would we stop this act of cowardness"??

2 Likes

Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by okafor200(m): 5:08pm On Sep 03, 2019
THIS COUNTRY NEEDS TO LOOK EAST NOW.

WE HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE ELSE AND NO SOLUTION HAVE BEEN FOUND TO OUR PROBLEM.

THE EAST IS WHERE THE BLESSING WILL COME FROM.

WISE MEN ARE FROM THE EAST. THEY DONT COME WITHOUT GIFTS.

why do yorubas like to suffer this much?
Why do you people like to live in poverty and lack?
Are you not tired of soaking and drinking garri?

Garri no be food ooo,
eat garri and get dried within days.

Expecially that useless ijebu white garri.
Poverty is not an excuse ooo.
An igbo president will surely make you eat good food and be as fat as possible.

Have you ever sat down with any igbo brothers or niggars before in celebrations or get together?
You will eat and drink and be satisfied as you want.
Enough beer to go round for everybody.

But go and sit with any yoruba brother or niggars,
you go drink dry gin and ogogoro tire your brain go burst with red blood cells.

To tell you how far and poor other tribes are when compared to the igbos.

why not join hands and vote for an igbo man as a president and i bet you will surely eat 3 times daily guaranteed.

There would be much abundant in the land i swear down,

he would surely open all closed borders this dullard closed and we will all eat enough and be satisfied as we want.

Then yoruba and other tribes businesses and organisations will thrive and will be richly blessed

igbo president will make things very cheap for all i promise.

An igbo president will surely steal ooo,
but he will also allow others to benefit and eat from the government too,

most of all the multi million naira mansions built in nigeria today are been owned by igbo men.

But a fulani idiot will prefer you suffer and live in a hut,

a house where suffering will surely be abundant,

just as the cows and sheeps do reason so also will a fulani/hausa man will reason.
They dont reason development and properity but they always reason lack and poverty.

An igbo president will make nigeria a super house under 4 years only if given the chance.

Igbo people have really changed my life today,
am a living testimony thanks

baba olowo

1 Like

Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by Jaymaestro(m): 5:08pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nigerians are silly. Hahaà. Its like a guy trying to separate females fight , then he starts groping breasts and grinding the girl in the process.

Most of them are aware that Nigerians are working there but went there out of hunger and self satisfaction with the avenue to steal plunder and loot the stores for their gain rather for the Xenophobic attacks

1 Like

Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by atiku07(m): 5:08pm On Sep 03, 2019
Abeg make someone go big brother naija house go pursue all those mumu housemates comot jare

1 Like

Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by 9jaBloke: 5:09pm On Sep 03, 2019
They attacked Nigerians in S.A.. we also attacked Nigerians in Shoprite.

Stupidity

1 Like

Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 03, 2019
MaziOmenuko:

The joke is on you! Those shoprites branches you see belong to Nigerians. Its called a 'franchise', you can look up the word. You can buy a franchise to open a shoprite; royalties are being remitted to the brand owners, who may not even be in Nigeria. Same goes for MTN; most of the outlets are owned by Nigerians, selling services offered by MTN and remitting to MTN. MTN is now listed in Nigerian stock exchange and sold-out within two days. Who you think over-subscribed the shares? They generate tax revenue, have Nigerian staff, supervisors and Managers, have chains of outsourced services that keeps other Nigerian SME's running, engage in CSR's that contribute in its own little way to improve communities they are; they contribute positively to the Nigerian economy!

Be there and be destroying Nigerian businesses while those motherfvckers kill people. They waste people's lives and you are looting groceries and table water.

Jokers!
I agree with you. I remember my in-law telling me that the shoprite in SA is different from the ones available in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by loadedvibes: 5:09pm On Sep 03, 2019
Bros I got people in SA but still if it degenerates to war so many more lives will be lost bro..

lekzhortin:

I wish ur family were in SA,maybe n just maybe u ll know how it feels
Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by SoNature(m): 5:09pm On Sep 03, 2019
backnbeta:
Naija police will make arrests, kill and maim Nigerians on behalf of Shoprite undecided

Ours is a useless country.
Who doesn't know that by now?
Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by str8talk1: 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2019
Anybody trying to attack:
These are what you shld do first:
1. Wear a face mask
2. Tie a black scarf around your face
3. Wear jeans and tight fitting gear to protect yourself.
4. When attack begins, go after the CCTV camera first.
5. Seek for the control room and destroy every video records.
6. Then, start the destruction proper.

Good luck.
Aluta continua!

2 Likes

Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by tsdarkside(m): 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2019
lekzhortin:
Libyans killed Nigerians no reaction from the Government
South Africans now killing Nigerians and our government still keep mute
Nigeria Government suffering their citizens
My brothers and sisters my question is "when would we stop this act of cowardness"??

stop waitin for goverments....they cant do much....

south africa is a lawless country...wild wild south....

and we nigerians understand to even survive in a wild enviroment....
Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2019
Leave Shoprite alone face multichoice
Re: #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It by follock007(m): 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2019
you do the math

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) / Banks Stop Use Of ATM Cards Abroad #Emefieleconomics / How A Loan App Wiped My Account And Left Me Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.