Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Xenophobia: NYC Warns South African Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia: NYC Warns South African Government (721 Views)

Xenophobia: South African Government Shows Concern Over Threats By NANS / Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave / Gani Adams Warns South-west Governors Against Land For Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobia: NYC Warns South African Government by Bethel80: 5:31pm On Sep 03, 2019
3rd September, 2019.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

End Xenophobia Attacks Now or Face the Wrath of Nigerian Youths- NYCN Warns South African Government:

In response to the recent and ever increasing killings, and destruction of businesses owned by Nigerians in South Africa, the President of the National Youth Council of Nigeria has issued a four day ultimatum for the government of South Africa and her embassy in Nigeria to react and bring to halt, persecutions of Nigerians Leaving in the country.

The apex youth body; which also serves as the umbrella body for all youth groups in the country has made known their stand, stating that the group is more than ready to launch a repel movement against businesses owned by South Africans and against all South Africans resident in Nigeria.

However in a bid to make room for peace and Harmony, the National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN), under the able leadership of Amb. Oladele John Nihi, has extended a grace period of four day ultimatum for the government of South African and the embassy of South Africa in Nigeria, to put heads together and lay the matter to rest. Failing to do so, the apex youth body; which is in control of over 70 million Nigerian youths, is more than ready to embark on a nationwide protest. We Are Ready to March Against South Africans and Their Businesses in Nigeria, without any further delay.

The recent killings and destruction of properties owned by Nigerians by South Africans is not acceptable and the youths are not going to fold their arms and do nothing about it. Every chapter of NYCN in all States and Local Government Areas in the country, are on standby for a signal from their President, Amb. Oladele John Nihi, who is in control of the affairs of all youth bodies in the country.

We hope that the government of South Africa and her embassy, acts without delay in order to avert what is to befall every South Africans and their businesses in the Nigeria.

Signed:
Kelvin Oluseyi Eleta,
Chief Press Secretary to the President, NYCN.

http://www.bellsnews.com/politics/xenophobia-nyc-warns-south-african-government/
Re: Xenophobia: NYC Warns South African Government by DrNueLpureHoney: 5:52pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nice move
Re: Xenophobia: NYC Warns South African Government by Miaraka: 10:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
It's very important for Nigerians and the world not to be misinformed. As of mow, there's no evidence anywhere that anywhere that any of the 7 people who have been killed are Nigerians. The first was allegedly killed by a Nigerian drug dealer. Nigerians drug dealers are saying he's Tanzania. The police have not divulged any information about the murderer. This is one of, if not the most difficult times in hour 25 years as a democracy. Please don't inflame the situation by misinforming people. Our authorities and civil society and faith organisations are busy trying to bring an end to this nightmare which appears to me to be planned by forces which want to overthrow our government and damage our economy.
Re: Xenophobia: NYC Warns South African Government by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 04, 2019
Supported! I'm interested in joining this march. Where is it happening in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: NYC Warns South African Government by anonymuz(m): 11:22pm On Sep 04, 2019
let me tell you, indirectly,South Africans have triggered us, frustration everywhere. If care isn't taking, it might lead to revolution

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: NYC Warns South African Government by princemillla(m): 2:09am On Sep 05, 2019
anonymuz:
let me tell you, indirectly,South Africans have triggered us, frustration everywhere. If care isn't taking, it might lead to revolution

By every standard, we want it. I trust elite will divert the whole thing to also demand for good leadership

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: NYC Warns South African Government by propsvilla3: 3:25am On Sep 05, 2019
Good
Re: Xenophobia: NYC Warns South African Government by ivolt: 3:47am On Sep 05, 2019
princemillla:

By every standard, we want it. I trust elite will divert the whole thing to also demand for good leadership
grin
Online warrior. You want revolution but won't participate.
SMH.
Re: Xenophobia: NYC Warns South African Government by Spexo001(m): 3:55am On Sep 05, 2019
ivolt:

grin
Online warrior. You want revolution but won't participate.
SMH.
if only we can be true to to course “me self want join o! Just give me kickoff location”.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: NYC Warns South African Government by chiedozie198100: 4:01am On Sep 05, 2019
Miaraka:
It's very important for Nigerians and the world not to be misinformed. As of mow, there's no evidence anywhere that anywhere that any of the 7 people who have been killed are Nigerians. The first was allegedly killed by a Nigerian drug dealer. Nigerians drug dealers are saying he's Tanzania. The police have not divulged any information about the murderer. This is one of, if not the most difficult times in hour 25 years as a democracy. Please don't inflame the situation by misinforming people. Our authorities and civil society and faith organisations are busy trying to bring an end to this nightmare which appears to me to be planned by forces which want to overthrow our government and damage our economy.

a south african has the nerve to come to a Nigerian online platform to give warnings n spew sh!t?

HOW DARE YOU?

(1) (Reply)

Northern Plan To Retain Power In 2023 - AREWA / Ohaneze Reveals Alleged Plan Of Faction ‘to Take Nwodo To Meet Buhari’ / Igbokwe, Ubani Fight On Facebook Over Aisha Buhari, Daura Daughter’s Feud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.