Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,304 members, 7,860,751 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:35 PM

5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS (22431 Views)

Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. / 2019 Rolls-Royce Cullinan SUV Recalled Due To Dim Brake Lights / Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by xjiggy: 11:56am On Sep 04, 2019
I drive with dim lights most times because there's always vehicular movement in my vicinity. It's only on the highway or express I use full lights
Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by owila4luv(m): 11:59am On Sep 04, 2019
drivers here no kno dat one ooo grin
Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by Bayoibee: 12:11pm On Sep 04, 2019
Some people in Nigeria would have reached inside the close of their street and still have the full light on even while they’re at the front of their gates smh...

3 Likes

Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by OlujobaSamuel: 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2019
This once caused issue between a man and my dad, he parked in front of a tenant shop to buy drugs, he left the car full light on, so people were affected and complained to him, he ignored them, so my dad said "e fisilẹ, ti won ba ti ya wo ra moto aloku, se lo ma ma gùn wọn" (leave am, if they don borrow money buy fairly used car, e go dey shack them), the man got angry and assaulted my dad, before everyone around then shouted at him that why did he refused to dim the light initially, the dude said he see no reason to because he is not staying long, that at most 5mins, he will leave.
Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by topsam1(m): 12:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
I guess the OP is talking about the roads with much corners...
sinkhole:
But wait o, @ that no 5; vision is reduced and you must still dim your full-light? I'm not understanding
Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by slamstanlee(m): 1:03pm On Sep 04, 2019
When reversing too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by Offpoint: 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2019
Nbote:

Chop Knuckle jare.. If I dim my own U still leave ur own full, I'm switching on every light d car has including inner light
lol, inner light? guy you dey vex o... you fit on your phone light join as I dey see so.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by Origin(f): 1:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
if the roads were well lit with a high road median , there would be no need for using your full lights.

A very good example is the third mainland bridge or olopo meji ( iyana oworo) at night, well lit with power saving white lights.

on the contrary, the ikorodu road is badly lit with orange lights and along with the numerous potholes and the very low median means you defintely have to blind others before you can navigate properly.

its worse when you get to several unlighted roads within Lagos, the risk becomes higher. Lagos state should have a law for all home owners to have flood lights outside their homes. it would improve security, safe driving, safe walking and even save lives.

Never attempt to pass the CMD road at night ( with all the banks at that axis, everywhere is just pitch BLACK)
Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by Joshater(m): 2:06pm On Sep 04, 2019
4. When driving in rain, fog or smoke? Shouldn't it be the other way round? I for one normally turns on my full lights and even the double caution lights (ttafficators), so other road users could spot my vehicle from afar off... Have i been wrong?!

1 Like

Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by Obakoolex(m): 3:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
Another point is when you're about to approach a corner, overtake or coming out of a semi valley at night, if you dim your light...you LL be able to be cautiously aware of the distance of the next incoming vehicle.

An old driver taught me that and it's correct!
Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by naijajobx: 4:14pm On Sep 04, 2019
Hmmm
Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by chukzyfcbb: 4:45pm On Sep 04, 2019
The one wey pain me pass na when SUV dey my back if I drive comot for night (sedan).

Once the SUV don near back like this, my centre mirror don useless coz I no go see anything wey dey for my back.

Dem go just fire FULL BEAM like say e get wetin dem keep for inside other people car wey dem dey find.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
chukzyfcbb:
The one wey pain me pass na when SUV dey my back if I drive comot for night (sedan).

Once the SUV don near back like this, my centre mirror don useless coz I no go see anything wey dey for my back.

Dem go just fire FULL BEAM like say e get wetin dem keep for inside other people car wey dem dey find.
there’s protruding knob at the bottom Center of ur rear view mirror. Tap it forward next time and see the magic.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by Crimond: 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
The correct word is DIP not dim. Dip your lights.
Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by femi4: 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2019
Crimond:
The correct word is DIP not dim. Dip your lights.
Americans use dim

dim your headlights/lights
American English to lower the angle of the front lights of your car, especially when someone is driving towards you SYN dip British English
Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by Coolgent(m): 8:41pm On Sep 04, 2019
No: 6 when you want to great another driver grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by ifiokbenzy(m): 10:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
I signalled an incoming vehicle to dim but he refused. I pretended I was veering into him he sharpenly dim. Nigerians can overdo
Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 05, 2019
Obakoolex:
Another point is when you're about to approach a corner, overtake or coming out of a semi valley at night, if you dim your light...you LL be able to be cautiously aware of the distance of the next incoming vehicle.

An old driver taught me that and it's correct!

Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by NNAMDIII(m): 10:53am On Feb 11, 2020
Joshater:
4. When driving in rain, fog or smoke? Shouldn't it be the other way round? I for one normally turns on my full lights and even the double caution lights (ttafficators), so other road users could spot my vehicle from afar off... Have i been wrong?!
give me your number this idiot cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by Joshater(m): 11:24am On Feb 13, 2020
Oga sir... I've sent a mail request here on NL sir...

NNAMDIII:
give me your number this idiot cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by NNAMDIII(m): 12:19pm On Feb 13, 2020
Joshater:
Oga sir... I've sent a mail request here on NL sir...

i've replied you bro,miss you like mad cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by Joshater(m): 5:02pm On Feb 13, 2020
You that's planning my death!.!

NNAMDIII:
i've
replied you bro,miss you like mad cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by NNAMDIII(m): 10:33am On Feb 21, 2020
Joshater:
You that's planning my death!.!

guy make we chat for here, i no know wetin dey do my gmail jare....

nobody dey wear salala again, na since last year we stop, now na uniform everybody dey wear,even colitos no dey wear salala

oboy i been dey see peace during exams but now i don dey suffer small small, like yesterday now i been buy culpritship for burma battalion no1 lance corporal hand, him dey find me sha and most times my bastard rooms dey massage me but sha na normal thing, nda form dey him own na me go find trouble buy am cheesy

as per that laptop, them been steal my laptop last month , them give everybody their laptop lfor december but i carry my own resume ,well sha our adjutant na captain and him don collect our names......oboy help yourself and pass that smoke exam oo, i dey wait for you for burma cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by Joshater(m): 12:32pm On Feb 21, 2020
Lol.. Oga sir... Burma? No o..make you kill me? I've been in love with Abyssinia since forever! And i dey pray to make that BN..

What of showboy nau?

una dun start gbranch?

Una dun start equitation?

NNAMDIII:
guy make we chat for here, i no know wetin dey do my gmail jare....

nobody dey wear salala again, na since last year we stop, now na uniform everybody dey wear,even colitos no dey wear salala

oboy i been dey see peace during exams but now i don dey suffer small small, like yesterday now i been buy culpritship for burma battalion no1 lance corporal hand, him dey find me sha and most times my bastard rooms dey massage me but sha na normal thing, nda form dey him own na me go find trouble buy am cheesy

as per that laptop, them been steal my laptop last month , them give everybody their laptop lfor december but i carry my own resume ,well sha our adjutant na captain and him don collect our names......oboy help yourself and pass that smoke exam oo, i dey wait for you for burma cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by NNAMDIII(m): 12:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
Joshater:
Lol.. Oga sir... Burma? No o..make you kill me? I've been in love with Abyssinia since forever! And i dey pray to make that BN..

What of showboy nau?

una dun start gbranch?

Una dun start equitation?

bastard you must come burma battalion so that you'll suck shayi from me, i'll give you breast milk, i'm a mummy cheesy

showobi dey but him dey feel big for here or should i say form but him no dey do am for me sha and him rooms na relegated 5th termer

we dey do gbranch wella na, yesterday sef we been go advance and quick attack exercise yesterday and we dey do equitation na, why not

1 Like

Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by Buffalo2(m): 1:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
kokaneprodigy:
I flash twice if I see u approach me with ur high beam on. If u still no code me sef go shine my beam enter ur eyes make we blind ourselves sheybi u want to be mad.
Na so jare
Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by Buffalo2(m): 1:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
kokaneprodigy:
most times when I’m driving into my street at night I go as low as using fog light since the park light comes on while it’s on.

Naso one dude face me with high beam inside street oo, I flashed, him no code. flashed again, him still no code. na him I fire high beam and my headlights are Zenon Lamps bros code shaperly and did the right thing.
grin
Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by Joshater(m): 5:42pm On Feb 25, 2020
NNAMDIII:
bastard you must come burma battalion so that you'll suck shayi from me, i'll give you breast milk, i'm a mummy cheesy

showobi dey but him dey feel big for here or should i say form but him no dey do am for me sha and him rooms na relegated 5th termer

we dey do gbranch wella na, yesterday sef we been go advance and quick attack exercise yesterday and we dey do equitation na, why not

Lol. Okay mummy!.! � � �

Make showobi calm down! "A tree does not make a forest"!.!

Meanwhile!.! Sir, Sir, e get one or two wey i wan ask you but na private questions... I go wait till April what you come out, make we yarn!

Then how far nau? Cous-cous dun dey your pot?! Lol?

What of weekends? Them dey allow una go town?

How frequently do you see Sarham? Him dey come lines?

You no fit beg your rooms from PRC, make we take talk? Or if you go church on sunday, you beg person for PRC... Abi you no dey go church?!?!

You dey in contact with Ayemo? Him dey patch 72

What of the no1 l/cpl job wey you buy? Lol... You die Or you still dey dodge the baba?!?!

Meanwhile! Lemme remind you! 5 months to 2bars!.!.!. Day by day!.!.!

as u dey see am so, l/cpl go reach your hand

1 Like

Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by NNAMDIII(m): 1:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
Joshater:

Lol. Okay mummy!.! � � �

Meanwhile!.! Sir, Sir, e get one or two wey i wan ask you but na private questions... I go wait till April what you come out, make we yarn!

You no fit beg your rooms from PRC, make we take talk? Or if you go church on sunday, you beg person for PRC... Abi you no dey go church?!?!

What of the no1 l/cpl job wey you buy? Lol... You die Or you still dey dodge the baba?!?!

i no get problem with showobi oo ,na my artyman him be na others him dey form for.

oh! them don mamsa my rooms prc and my co plat prc too just go like that but if i see way i go try reach you, i go go meet security but i go gas settle them

i dey go church na,that one na compulsory parade, last 2 weeks duty officer suffer people wey miss church and mosque parade, if you don't serve God you will serve job.

yeah i been follow tobi chat yesterday and him dey patch 72, i no get cous cous oo, if i dey Bleep pot i dey always use anti plant and for now nda no too hard, nothing is happening now, job no too dey and the bastard lance corporal don leave me, i been dey miss parade and i dey feel say i fit serve restriction but God no go gree

oboy u no fit go town oo except say na awol you wan blow

i don see sarham like 3 times for parade ground when him come address us, the man na bastard, him withdraw 54 cadets in a day and him don come lines once, i dey come

1 Like

Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by NNAMDIII(m): 1:52pm On Feb 26, 2020
Joshater:

Lol. Okay mummy!.! � � �

the day wey sarham come lines him just knock for person door come talk say open the door its ur commandant grin but top ranking officers dey come lines when we no dey

oboy na 7months oo, pop na october 10th

lance corporal no fit reach me, well sha na me no want am,to get am na by connection or if u distinguish yourself for games and i dey hide because i be culprit but i go try achieve corporal

1 Like

Re: 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS by Joshater(m): 11:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
Oboy!.! Lol.. "Open it's your commandant"...

Wetin offcrs dey enter lines come do when una no dey? Inspection? So meaning una no dey lock doors dey go class?

NNAMDIII:
the
day wey sarham come lines him just knock for person door come talk say open the door its ur commandant grin but top ranking officers dey come lines when we no dey

oboy na 7months oo, pop na october 10th

lance corporal no fit reach me, well sha na me no want am,to get am na by connection or if u distinguish yourself for games and i dey hide because i be culprit but i go try achieve corporal

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate / Woman's Leg Smashed In Delta By A Hit & Run Driver / Lamborghini Goes Into Electric Bicycles Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.