Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,211 members, 7,811,577 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. (29038 Views)

I Upgraded My Headlights To LEDs / 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS / Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by Cooolme: 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2023
Greetings everyone, I've been driving for over a year now and I've noticed we don't know how to use headlights in this country even my friend that visited from the US complained same thing.
I don't know if it's selfishness or what but how will someone be on very high beam even when opposite an incoming vehicle, I almost entered a ditch because an SUV beamed on my small Corolla to the point I couldn't even see properly, are there rules set for all these in this country?
God's willing if I don't leave this country within the next 2 years I'm getting a bigger vehicle and I will purposely install massive led lights I will be counter beaming people till they notice their mistake.

280 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by immortalcrown(m): 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2023
That habit is very bad. But you don't seem to be different. Your life won't get better when you plan to promote bad things in the name of revenge.

293 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by Cooolme: 7:45pm On Nov 11, 2023
immortalcrown:
That habit is very bad. But you don't seem to be different. Your life won't get better when you plan to promote bad things in the name of revenge.
No mine will just serve as a correction not revenge, something like a flash. Saw it on a video.
If the drivers don't learn they will, the hard way.

106 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by immortalcrown(m): 7:46pm On Nov 11, 2023
Cooolme:

No mine will just serve as a correction not revenge, something like a flash. Saw it on a video.
Okay.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by GanagiBitrus: 7:52pm On Nov 11, 2023
Many know, but don't care about other road users. They seem to derive joy from oppressing other road users.

Same with abuse of horns.

156 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by Cooolme: 8:29pm On Nov 11, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Many know, but don't care about other road users. They seem to derive joy from oppressing other road users.

Same with abuse of horns.
And it's very painful oh, someone like me will now have to be using shades to avoid headache.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by Sapeleboy911(m): 9:46pm On Nov 11, 2023
They nearly blind my eyes, way back in the days of pencil light Camry. That car is 0/100 when it comes to headlight. I sold the car just because it didn't have a shiny headlight. Streetlights are on still these drivers will switch on headlights to the full brim as if they are searching for a needle on the road. The C300 headlights delivered me from by force blindness and constant headaches.

61 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by Cooolme: 11:48pm On Nov 11, 2023
Sapeleboy911:
They nearly blind my eyes, way back in the days of pencil light Camry. That car is 0/100 when it comes to headlight. I sold the car just because it didn't have a shiny headlight. Streetlights are on still these drivers will switch on headlights to the full brim as if they are searching for a needle on the road. The C300 headlights delivered me from by force blindness and constant headaches.
Finally someone that can properly relate 😂
So you use C300 now?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by Sapeleboy911(m): 11:54pm On Nov 11, 2023
Cooolme:

Finally someone that can properly relate 😂
So you use C300 now?

Yes oh, German machine is bae. If not for the lack of competent mechanics, in my area, I would have said bye bye to Japanese cars.

25 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by Cooolme: 12:07am On Nov 12, 2023
Sapeleboy911:

Yes oh, German machine is bae. If not for the lack of competent mechanics, in my area, I would have said bye bye to Japanese cars.
I hear this a lot, there's this mad BMW I'm eyeing but fear of bad mechanics dey turn me off.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by Sapeleboy911(m): 12:14am On Nov 12, 2023
Cooolme:

I hear this a lot, there's this mad BMW I'm eyeing but fear of bad mechanics dey turn me off.

BMW is even worse than Mercedez in my area. If PH no get parts then na Lagos. You will park your car for days waiting for parts. Only for the mechanic to do trial and error when the parts finally arrive.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by Originalsly: 6:58am On Nov 12, 2023
Cooolme:

The "German machines" are not cheap to maintain... and they do need contant maintenance.... no tolerance . If you find a good mechanic ... he will burn holes in your pocket ... a bad one will just make the car useless. Toyota has a reputation for reliability and is maintaining that status.... the reason Toyota is the #1 brand in auto sales worldwide. Think about it .... Lexus (Toyota's luxury brand) is the one competing with Mercedes and BMW which are luxury brands. The Toyota Camry is not a luxury vehicle. Brand new ... a Camry sells wayyy less than a BMW or a Benz ... buy over the years the value of the Camry drops wayyyy slower than both. Why?

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by SpaceAngel: 10:29am On Nov 12, 2023
Cooolme:
Greetings everyone, I've been driving for over a year now and I've noticed we don't know how to use headlights in this country even my friend that visited from the US complained same thing.
I don't know if it's selfishness or what but how will someone be on very high beam even when opposite an incoming vehicle, I almost entered a ditch because an SUV beamed on my small Corolla to the point I couldn't even see properly, are there rules set for all these in this country?
God's willing if I don't leave this country within the next 2 years I'm getting a bigger vehicle and I will purposely install massive led lights I will be counter beaming people till they notice their mistake.

That's what happens when our street lights don't work or non existent. Your friend from US should have noticed this too. No street lights, pot holes, and other hazards and you now have to drive with low beam. How many meters will the person clearly have good visibility.?

That's the genesis of people using high beam here.

System is totally messed up and people also don't go to driving school before getting licence too

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by Sapeleboy911(m): 11:20am On Nov 12, 2023
Lol, the driving school part. I got my first driver's license when I didn't know how to start a car. Police were asking for a learner permit, and naive me confidently gave them a driver's license. Eye turn me that day.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by Reelmii: 1:17pm On Nov 12, 2023
Very true...expecially trailers....

There was a day i was standing with a friend by the road side at night, like 9:30 pm....na God save one bike man...

The bike ma wanted to cross his bike from the side of the road where i stood with my friend,, tothe other side....

One stupid car was driving down along the road with only one headlamp functioning..

The bike man( even i and my guy) tot it was a fellow bike...

The bike guy just crossed casually like say na him get road....of course he was thinking that it was a fellow bike man coming

It waz immediately the bike man croosed that the car zoomed past...i was so shocked....

Even the bike man was raining insults.. that was so risky

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by Ladycoolbreeze(f): 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2023
Head lamp I suppose

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by 3seriez(m): 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2023
True. You would be on a road with bright street lights, and someone in his car will still beam full head lights like he wants to shine your destiny.
Or those new cars with Xenon/ halogen, some modified that the light beams don't have focus and brighten the whole road, not taking into consideration cars coming in the opposite direction. Some even inside estate or shopping mall with all the street lights, they beam full headlights. Irritating behaviour.
Thank God my Car has bright lights with added fog lamps, I dey fire back.
Very bad driving etiquette to be honest.
Thing is most don't even have the common sense to know it's wrong.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by chris4gold(m): 1:20pm On Nov 12, 2023
How
Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by jogsman01(m): 1:20pm On Nov 12, 2023
My thought when walking in the city at night. As in, many drivers lacks that etiquette and they won't even realize its bad. I almost fell into a ditch when one weyrey driver beamed his lights on me. Na God save me that day, I for no type this today.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by Faithy04: 1:20pm On Nov 12, 2023
I count it as ignorance
Another reason for this maybe negligence,

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by Eriggs: 1:21pm On Nov 12, 2023
Cooolme:

They gonna learn the hard way

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by CalabarPikin: 1:21pm On Nov 12, 2023
true

the bigger your vehicle in Nigeria road, the safer for u ooh...

just get good headlight and truck horn, you're good to go

19 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by OlujobaSamuel: 1:21pm On Nov 12, 2023
Hmmmmm, I don't know why people use full light on township roads or street, it's wrong, even okada rider sef go do same thing.
I've called the attention of a driver to his headlight, he no answer as I was flashing him to dim it, I just put on mine too and stopped moving, he now came down to meet me, I told him I can't see the road because of his full light.
One foolish okada man too did same, I called his attention to it and waited for about 30secs for him to turn it off, he refused, I put on mine then moved closed, e abuse tire but I no give am audience, as na bad road, he almost fell into a dirty water

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by Evolutionism: 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2023
Cooolme:
Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by Cmanforall: 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2023
Cooolme:

True

Maybe because most drivers don't go to driving schools

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by Ensa777(f): 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2023
G
Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by Dullboi: 1:24pm On Nov 12, 2023
H
Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by crackhouse(m): 1:24pm On Nov 12, 2023
They want too see far away obstacles before they approach them.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by MrJames007: 1:24pm On Nov 12, 2023
Haha..

Whenever that happens, adjust your eyes and focus on your lane, no look the motor wey want blind you. wink

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by QueenDima47(f): 1:24pm On Nov 12, 2023
Use your headlamp against a truck 🚛 driver and prepare for your burial.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by emma2002(m): 1:26pm On Nov 12, 2023
Gj
Re: Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. by vincenteger: 1:26pm On Nov 12, 2023
Please enlighten us on how to use headlamp
Many of us don't know

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Sit In A Car Without Back Pain (Photos) / Cars And Their Parents Countries.... / Misuse Of Power By Some Vehicle Insurance Officers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.