Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos (77479 Views)

Truck Carrying Onions Looted In Imo State (Video) / Xenophobia: South Africans Attack Pakistanis, Loot Their Shops (Video) / Xenophobia: South Africans Looking For Nigerians & Other Foreigners (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by pat077: 8:57pm On Sep 03, 2019
The relationship between the government and the citizens is a contract. When the government fail to perform his responsibility, the citizens should not be blamed for not being law abiding.

10 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by theenchanter: 8:57pm On Sep 03, 2019
Orishirishi

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by ojkalito(m): 8:57pm On Sep 03, 2019
Pikin wey De find cry u come go knock him head join, these SA people nor know Nigerians

8 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 03, 2019
Tajbol4splend:

Meaning?
What he means is that we are being stupid about this

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by kemmylove101: 8:57pm On Sep 03, 2019
I will vex for you if you call them criminal or hoodlum again. have they killed anybody like your pple in south africa

14 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by JEmma1(m): 8:58pm On Sep 03, 2019
Hahahah opportunists

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by twilliamx(m): 8:58pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nice

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by Kingspin(m): 8:58pm On Sep 03, 2019
If the Nigerian govt is weak the people are not

6 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by musa234(m): 8:58pm On Sep 03, 2019
K
Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by skyfather09(m): 8:59pm On Sep 03, 2019
Very good news... I like this, God bless the looters.

12 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by RTSC2: 8:59pm On Sep 03, 2019
B

5 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:59pm On Sep 03, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:
When an unrepentant dullard is in power

The people take law into their hands ..

Buhari effect continues... SMH

I wonder the kinda idiots that queued Up under hot sun to vote for an affliction

So another go at Buhari for what reason exactly

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by princemillla(m): 8:59pm On Sep 03, 2019
Not feeling good bout this whole thing .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by mcmyvoice: 9:00pm On Sep 03, 2019
Good for them, an eye for an eye. How long one continue to be patience when Nigerians and their properties are be destroyed by those South Africans miscreants

6 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by maasoap(m): 9:00pm On Sep 03, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:
When an unrepentant dullard is in power

The people take law into their hands ..

Buhari effect continues... SMH

I wonder the kinda idiots that queued Up under hot sun to vote for an affliction

Senseless comment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by Seunnzy(m): 9:00pm On Sep 03, 2019
References:
Hoodlums taking advantage of the ongoing outrage against the treatment of Nigerians in South Africa have looted an outlet of a major South African clothing retailer in Lagos.

The Surulere, Lagos, store of clothing and accessories dealer, PEP, was looted by Nigerians on Tuesday evening.

Videos and pictures of the looting were circulated by several users on Twitter Tuesday night. PREMIUM TIMES could not immediately ascertain the specific outlet of PEP that was attacked, but the background indicated it was the one along Bode Thomas Road.

The police have been responding to multiple attacks targeting South African businesses across Nigeria on Tuesday.

Other South African businesses, including retailer Shoprite and telecoms giant MTN, have been targeted in Lagos, Ibadan and Akwa Ibom.

Although the businesses are of South African origin, most of their workforce in Nigeria are Nigerians.

Many Nigerians have also bought into the businesses.

The recent disclosure of MTN Nigeria ownership structure showed many Nigerians were part owners of the company.

It was not immediately clear whether PEP has reacted to the development. A spokesperson could not be reached for comments.

The looting of PEP comes moments after the police in Lagos told PREMIUM TIMES they had intensified security arrangements at all South Africa-affiliated businesses across the commercial capital.

Soldiers have also been deployed to volatile scenes like the Shoprite outlet in Lekki, Lagos, to prevent them from being looted or set on fire.

Targeting of South African businesses only escalated on Tuesday after Nigerians on social media waged their collective rage over the deadly xenophobic attacks on Nigerians and other Africans in South Africa.

Dozens of Nigerian properties and businesses were targeted in Johannesburg, Pretoria and other parts of South Africa over the past week.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/350401-xenophobia-south-african-clothing-store-looted-in-lagos.html
I hear some are saying MTN , DStv helped in reducing unemployment..ask ursef the Nigerian owned outlets that are being looted in South Africa..didnt they employ South Africans too...
as much as I don't support violence the way I saw south Africans burn down a Nigerian I just developed this hatred ..I'm sure Mandela would be turning in his grave regretting why he fought for their freedom and to those Nigerians living abroad .. anywhere be it USA or Canada know this that when push comes to shove u will still be tagged a Nigerian
hustle over there and invest at home that's how development will grow.. government are selfish and non challant..stop seeing Nigerians at home as witch or wizard...no place like home

19 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:00pm On Sep 03, 2019
Ausrichie:

What he means is that we are being stupid about this

If you know that we are being stupid about this, then it means you know exactly what we should do, now I beg you in the name of God, please tell me

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by Sterope(f): 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2019
Some people have just lost their means of income and you think that is alright. undecided

StPete:
So sorry to say this but this is the kind of news I've been expecting all day long. Finally, it's payback time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by musa234(m): 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2019
I wish something can be done that will directly affect the South African government and it's citizenry.

10 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by WriterX(m): 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2019
Mods: please don't make racist and tribalistic comments on this section.
Me: hmmmm will comment soon once I have finished learning Swahili

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2019
look at them cheering. what a foolish generation of brain dead idiots. you think you robbed south africans? you robbed the nigerian who runs that shop. do you dunces have any idea how these businesses work?

the dealer buys from PEP and sells.

all you are doing is robbing your fellow nigerians

i'm sure you will find it is some illiterate riff raff in the neighbourhood

sadly insurance does not cover this sort of thing if i recall

the owner of the shop is probably ruined

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by Walehelt(m): 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2019
more of this to come
Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by PVC2019(f): 9:02pm On Sep 03, 2019
An Eye 4 an Eye.... Africa can go blind for all i care

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:02pm On Sep 03, 2019
Sterope:
Some people have just lost their means of income and you think that is alright. undecided

You know things don't make sense when it comes to a situation like this
Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:03pm On Sep 03, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Stupid goats, hope they are caught and dealt with, bloody thieves
Are you normal ?

9 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by marttol: 9:04pm On Sep 03, 2019
grin
Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by Nmezor(f): 9:04pm On Sep 03, 2019
NAwa, this is serious
Re: Xenophobia: South African clothing store looted in Lagos by tammie24: 9:05pm On Sep 03, 2019
Good

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Yahoo Boys Make Jest Of A White Man After Scamming Him "You Go Cry Die" / Imam Rapes, Shaves Pubic Hairs Of 22-Year-Old Lady In Ogun / Yahoo Boy Arrested By EFCC In Ekiti – See Cars Recovered From Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.