Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu (37070 Views)

Tinubu Is From Osun State , Sanwo Olu Is From Ondo State / “Enough Is Enough” - FG Finally Break Silence On Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians / South African Deputy Minister Of Police Defends Xenophobic Attacks (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by LifestyleTonite: 5:27am On Sep 04, 2019
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has revealed what he will do as Chief Security Officer against retaliatory xenophobic attacks by criminals in Lagos State.

In a series of tweets, Sanwo-Olu stated that he will ensure residents of the state are protect against pretentious nationalists.

He tweeted:

https://wotzup.ng/what-i-will-do-about-retaliatory-xenophobic-attacks-in-lagos-state-sanwo-olu/

Cc lalasticlala

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by jtjohn(m): 5:30am On Sep 04, 2019
Leadership is all about being proactive. Thumbs up Mr Sanwo-olu.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:41am On Sep 04, 2019
What do Chinese nationals got to do with what South Africans are doing to other countries?
These guys perpetrating all these are nothing but criminals.
They even looted shops own by Nigerians!! shocked
Are they all mad?
Only basards that have been praying for unrest in this nation could ever support this evil acts.
Criminals and thieves everywhere!

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 5:42am On Sep 04, 2019
The communities around the shoprites will hear it. It's their sons who went on these looting sprees.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by kollinz1234(m): 5:42am On Sep 04, 2019
San wolu, I respect u o, burlt don't press ur luck. You couldn't even condemn what the south Africans are doing to ur ppl, or at least proffer solution, u are hear claiming chief security officer. B GUIDED!!

167 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by MusicOri: 5:42am On Sep 04, 2019
Q

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by Sweetcollins: 5:42am On Sep 04, 2019
We dey watch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by Oceannaagent: 5:42am On Sep 04, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by Bossontop(m): 5:42am On Sep 04, 2019
undecided
We dont need all these fancy speeches abeg......give us swift action........especially against these attacks on nigerians by south africans

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by Joybringer: 5:42am On Sep 04, 2019
LIKE SOUTH AFRICA LIKE NIGERIA

As you condemn the xenophobic attacks in parts of South Africa, let it not be lost on you that such attacks are possible in Nigeria.

After watching that country's deputy police chief justify the attacks and vowed that they will not allow foreigners take over 80 per cent of their cities, I was reminded of Nigeria.

In Lagos here, many people believe Igbos have taken over 80 per cent of "what is not theirs".

I remember a very close friend of mine who once posted on Facebook, justifying calls to expel Igbos from Lagos. According to him, they own 75 per cent of Lekki. And for that they should be expelled.

The same is being said about Nigerians in South Africa.

And you ask, where were these people when a large chunk of their land was purchased by "foreigners"? Who sold these lands to those so-called foreigners?

And as we are alarmed and angered by the killing, looting and burning of our brothers' businesses in parts of the former apartheid enclave, do not think it won't happen back him.

Let us begin to examine the black race to understand why we are like this.

According to 1798 Encyclopaedia Britannica, “NEGRO, Homo pelli nigra, a name given to a variety of the human species, who are entirely black, and are found in the Torrid zone, especially in that part of Africa which lies within the tropics.

In the complexion of negroes we meet with various shades; but they likewise differ far from other men in all the features of their face. Round cheeks, high cheek-bones, a forehead somewhat elevated, a short, broad, flat nose, thick lips, small ears, ugliness, and irregularity of shape, characterize their external appearance.

The negro women have the loins greatly depressed, and very large buttocks, which give the back the shape of a saddle.

Vices the most notorious seem to be the portion of this unhappy race: idleness, treachery, revenge, cruelty, impudence, stealing, lying, profanity, debauchery, nastiness and intemperance, are said to have extinguished the principles of natural law, and to have silenced the reproofs of conscience.

They are strangers to every sentiment of compassion, and are an awful example of the corruption of man when left to himself.”

You can argue this, but South Africans and some of us typify this.

27 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 5:42am On Sep 04, 2019
Ok

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by Acidosis(m): 5:43am On Sep 04, 2019
Way to go. No allow Bubu's gross incompetency ruin the image of Lagos. South Africa no get tangible investments in Daura so bubu is so unbothered.

I wish you well.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by Starhearts: 5:43am On Sep 04, 2019
Dem neva see something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by iyatrustee(f): 5:43am On Sep 04, 2019
Sad that the protesters are not restricting the protests to South African owned businesses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by texazzpete(m): 5:44am On Sep 04, 2019
ornicus:
The communities around the shoprites will hear it. It's their sons who went on these looting sprees.

They will hear nothing.
In the UK, for example, CCTV and Social Media posts are often used to identify looters, track them down and jail them.
Nobody will do that here in Naija.

Those looters have gotten away with it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by ofemigeorge(m): 5:44am On Sep 04, 2019
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by Sensiblerealist: 5:45am On Sep 04, 2019
Now all notoriously stubborn elements around those areas might be visiting the confinements whether they are guilty or not.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by mary42k2(f): 5:45am On Sep 04, 2019
As 4 Nigerians over there in south Africa, y don't u guyz just comeback home.....but let's face it, what has d Nigerian govt done about dis issue?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by gaddafe(m): 5:47am On Sep 04, 2019
My question is what has the president done on this issue?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by kingk(m): 5:47am On Sep 04, 2019
ACT OF A LEADER; Chapter 1vs1

Your excellency, Sanwo Eko, baba your head dey their... Carry-on baba that's the act of a leader who has the interests of his people at heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by themonk(m): 5:47am On Sep 04, 2019
jtjohn:
Leadership is all about being proactive. Thumbs up Mr Sanwo-olu.
That wasn't proactive in anyway, more reactive I would say.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by kingk(m): 5:50am On Sep 04, 2019
gaddafe:
My question is what has the president done on this issue?

Nwanne abeg, you get president?

As for me, I don't know any president at the moment but PRESIDENCY which may consists lots of politheifcians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by amazon14: 5:50am On Sep 04, 2019
What was governor Sanwo Olu's twit on Nigerians being killed in South Africa?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 04, 2019
texazzpete:

They will hear nothing.
In the UK, for example, CCTV and Social Media posts are often used to identify looters, track them down and jail them.
Nobody will do that here in Naija.

Those looters have gotten away with it.

Dude, this is naija.police will go there and arrest the baale first of all.

When I said hear it, I do not mean they will get the thiev2s.i mean the police will Raid the community.

Also, a lot of these goods are not that easy to move.

Most of these guys are stealing them for their own use. So if police start doing door to door searches and they find brand new tvs without receipts what happens next?

I have had experiences with thefts. The items stolen are usually hidden somewhere till the coast is clear. Remember these are not master criminals.these are just your run of the mill opportunists

Also, the police will be under serious pressure to parade some thieves. Just as your office has police on payroll for security, so does shoprite.it is now tike for them to justify all that free awoof money.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by Dozie32(m): 5:51am On Sep 04, 2019
I will lead a protest in Aba today, MTN office will be set ablaze by my own team.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by colestephan86: 5:52am On Sep 04, 2019
LifestyleTonite:

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has revealed what he will do as Chief Security Officer against retaliatory xenophobic attacks by criminals in Lagos State.

In a series of tweets, Sanwo-Olu stated that he will ensure residents of the state are protect against pretentious nationalists.

He tweeted:

https://wotzup.ng/what-i-will-do-about-retaliatory-xenophobic-attacks-in-lagos-state-sanwo-olu/

Cc lalasticlala
It shouldn't have degraded to this , but our weak leaders are the problem. It is difficult to check what happens during reprisal attacks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by dayleke: 5:52am On Sep 04, 2019
It is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by luckyz4rea(m): 5:56am On Sep 04, 2019
If there was any diplomatic and proactive measure it would have been seen long before now. In fact, it would never have gotten to these damage done. These people seem to be clueless because their families are not directly or indirectly affected.

This is just our normal daily attitude to life and thats what our government is showing towards the attacks on Nigerians - a lackadaisical one!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by chukwuibuipob: 5:57am On Sep 04, 2019
cool trust Naija police to shot @ sight/ drag u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by LmanAdm: 5:58am On Sep 04, 2019
Hmmm this country tire me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu by esiri4jesu(m): 5:58am On Sep 04, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari's Democracy Day Speech On June 12, 2021 (Full Text) / Joke Silva, Mercy Johnson, Rahama Sadau, Other Celebs In Tinubu's Women Campaign / Celebration Here In Aba As Okezie Defeat Otti (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.