Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Xenophobic Attack : Adebutu Condemns Incessant Killings Of Nigerians - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Xenophobic Attack : Adebutu Condemns Incessant Killings Of Nigerians (252 Views)

Protesters Burn Buhari’s Billboard Over Incessant Killings In Katsina(video) / VIDEO: Nigerians React To Xenophobic Attack, Tells FG What To Do / TENSION: Shoprite And Games In Enugu State Shut Down Due To Xenophobic Attack In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Xenophobic Attack : Adebutu Condemns Incessant Killings Of Nigerians by Ponmile001: 9:54am On Sep 04, 2019
The Chairman of the House Committee on Rural Development in the 8th National Assembly, Hon. Oladipupo Adebutu has lamented the latest xenophobic attack on Nigerians in South Africa.

Adebutu while reacting to the unpleasant development through a statement issued by his Media Consultant, Afolabi Orekoya on Wednesday, Hon. Adebutu unequivocally condemned the xenophobic attack against African migrants, especially Nigerians by the South Africans.

"I received with great displeasure, the killings and maiming of our brothers and sisters in South Africa perpetrated by South Africans, including the destruction of their businesses and properties. This is highly condemnable. As Africans, this would not in anyway tighten our rope of unity and I believe the South African government would reprimand those involved in this absurd act.

Nigerians do not deserve this, not even in the hands of South Africa - a country we have offered so much help to during the fight against apartheid", he said.

Hon. Adebutu further urged the Federal Government of Nigeria to proffer a lasting solution to this menace, noting that a proactive measure would be needed to resist a recurrence in the future

"The Federal government of Nigeria should prioritise the safety of her citizens against all forms of bigotry and discrimination. Everyone has the right to a world where their rights and freedoms are respected. It is not new that people leave their father's land to seek greener pastures in countries of their choice. There are South Africans in Nigeria who run their businesses here. Never have I heard that such war is waged against them. The South African government should do the needful by restoring sanity into the sense of those responsible for this attack", he said.

Finally, the reputable politician commiserated with the families of those who had lost their lives in the struggle and prayed for the peaceful repose of their souls.

Re: Xenophobic Attack : Adebutu Condemns Incessant Killings Of Nigerians by Ziel20: 9:55am On Sep 04, 2019
Okay oh. Everyone is now reacting. I'm waiting for our big Daddy G.Os to come and react. Na only Suleiman dey react since. I'm glad people are coming out to condemn this.

cry
Re: Xenophobic Attack : Adebutu Condemns Incessant Killings Of Nigerians by Ofemmanu1: 9:55am On Sep 04, 2019
Everybody is condemning Xeno irrespective of their tribe or religion.
If we can pour out the same energy to stop terrorism, Islamic extremist, killer heardsmen, corruption and all other negative vices then it will be a whole new Naija.

Naija has never been this United.

SA don overdoo.

(1) (Reply)

Letter To Gov. Nyesom Wike / Nigerians In Diaspora Are Not Criminals – President Eko Club International / Breaking: Court Grants Sowore Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.