Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

#Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses (38262 Views)

Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods / This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos / #Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by SuperBlack: 12:40pm On Sep 04, 2019
h
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by MarianaTrench: 12:40pm On Sep 04, 2019
Once bitten twice shy
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by iamjavadem(m): 12:41pm On Sep 04, 2019
Says a jobless youth who has never worked. Lazy evil youth.
Sunofgod:
That store must be looted......

1 Like

Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by Acidosis(m): 12:41pm On Sep 04, 2019
Looting a multinational that operates a franchise business model is a senseless move. More than 90% of DSTV offices in Nigeria are owned and fully paid for by Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by favour32(m): 12:43pm On Sep 04, 2019
Tight security@ ShopRite Lugbe, Abuja.
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by DelTel(m): 12:45pm On Sep 04, 2019
Unfortunately, it's a catch 22 situation here as it is still Nigerians that will lose somehow, by looting & destroying SA-linked properties & biz.

How? All their businesses - Novare Mall, Circle Mall, PEP, ShopRite, MTN etc - are not only franchises but as well insured by mostly Nigerian-owned insurance companies in accordance to the law. Nigerians are not only shareholders but staff earning salaries in these insurance companies; they share profit or loss, whatever the case.

MTN for instance, own no single mast in Nigeria; all masts are owned by IHS Nigeria.

Sadly, Nigerians can't point to any major establishment in SA, most are corner-shop (without insurance as Nigerians shy away from insurance).

Question is what is the way out:
First we missed the opportunity, our govt should have implanted some Nigerians in SA after we helped them to fight apartheid just like America does whenever they help any country out, i.e. Afghanistan, Kuwait, Iraq, even Saudi.

Now, we should focus on making our politicians/leaders do the right thing, fight the good fight from home not Abroad, u can't ever win Abroad if u never win @ home!

I won't want to talk about some bad behaviors of some of our brothers Abroad as nothing can ever justify xenophobia (coupled with the revelation that it has State and police support).
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by Carlyboi(m): 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2019
Acidosis:
Looting a multinational that operates a franchise business model is a senseless move. More than 90% of DSTV offices in Nigeria are owned and fully paid for by Nigerians.
Well weren’t fellow Nigerians like you and I that incited our ppl to go after their companies mtn multichoice stanbic and shoprite while some extend their thieving hands to a pro store if we the msg had been Nigerians own the properties the mob wouldn’t have attacked those places like zombies you know it just seemed like we hurt our face to spite our nose or vice versa!smh for nAija youths
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by Acidosis(m): 12:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
Carlyboi:
Well weren’t fellow Nigerians like you and I that incited our ppl to go after their companies mtn multichoice stanbic and shoprite while some extend their thieving hands to a pro store if we the msg had been Nigerians own the properties the mob wouldn’t have attacked those places like zombies you know it just seemed like we hurt our face to spite our nose or vice versa!smh for nAija youths

It's an evidence of bad education, a good reason to kick against the government.
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by enemyofprogress: 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2019
Dem dey count their loses, den never start
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by Ogalanyaidi(m): 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2019
deepwater:
Things like this can only happen when a government refuse to send a direct and clear message to its oppressors

in a case like this, Nigeria Airforce should fly over SA airspace without any clearance.

this would make the SA request for a round table talk with UN as big brother!

it is not called war, but show of might

simple

Unfortunately, our military can't do that. The leaders don't have the balls
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by Emyben(m): 12:53pm On Sep 04, 2019
ivolt:
Shame.
The animals who did this should be brought to book.
These criminals don't care about xenophobic attacks.
They don't care about the victims. In fact, they will kill Nigerians for SA xenophobes if they
are paid to do it.

They just want to loot and destroy businesses because they couldn't reach their
potential several years after relocating from villages.

I blame the police for underestimating the criminal tendency of jobless people in a close enclave.
How I wish it is legal to deport criminals to their state of origin.

Your last 2 paragraphs, I just hope you are not letting your tribal side get the better hold of you. Because we know people who are more prone to being agberos.
We know the people who are agberos in Nigeria and we know where they come from.

Having said that, it is insensitive of you and total stupidity to delve into ethnic bigotry at this time of mourning for our country.

Go and drink your pap. It will get old.
Nonsense Child
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by christ007(m): 12:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
He Dey pain me say SA people no full Nigeria,na only Ghana and Togo Dey here if not I go first go kill that mumu president way we get before I go dey kill the SA people. As for Ghana and Togo you people are lucky ooo God dey with you people?
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by Fogman(m): 12:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
In as much as I don't encourage violence, let South Africans knows that nobody has monopoly of violence
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by Xisnin(m): 1:01pm On Sep 04, 2019
Actuarydeji:
This ugly situation would have been averted if our leaders have done the needful in our country. If naiaj I'd ok, why will I leave my country and become a second class citizen in another land!
Please don't say this.
You can never trust thugs and touts with power.
They will kill you if it serves their aim.

Many Nigerians lost millions yesterday because SA are engaging in xenophobic attacks.
Why should a Nigerian struggling in Nigeria be made to pay for South African excesses?

These thieves and burglars are criminals destroying Nigerian businesses.
Never trust or support these criminals.

1 Like

Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by VaselineCrew: 1:07pm On Sep 04, 2019
Fogman:
In as much as I don't encourage violence, let South Africans knows that nobody has monopoly of violence

Nobody has monopoly of violence, but then, Nigerians are being violent against themselves. Does that even make sense brah?
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by ivolt: 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2019
Emyben:

Your last 2 paragraphs, I just hope you are not letting your tribal side get the better hold of you. Because we know people who are more prone to being agberos.

Maybe your life depends on tribalism and Agbero is your family work.
I don't care, if you are a criminal living in a city, I believe you should be deported back to your village.

We know the people who are agberos in Nigeria and we know where they come from.
You are too dumb to be reasoned with.
You are probably one of those who celebrate criminals as long as it doesn't affect you.
Mind you, Agbero is not a crime but burgling and stealing from shops which you cannot
afford to shop in is a big economic crime.

Having said that, it is insensitive of you and total stupidity to delve into ethnic bigotry at this time of mourning for our country.

Go and drink your pap. It will get old.
Nonsense Child
How much dumber can you get?
Having attacked Agbero for being Agberos on tribal ground even though my post is about looters
destroying businesses, you want to appear neutral.
You are nothing but a fool.

When some idiots were calling for reprisals I know that criminals like you and your gang are only
looking for an excuse to loot, steal and destroy.
But the government have learned from this episode.

Whenever a similar event occurs in the future, don't ever think you will be allowed to loot freely
by hiding under justice. They will be ready for you by then.

Bunch of cowards attacking their compatriots for crimes committed in a foreign land.

Enjoy your looting spree while it lasts.
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by jayboy007(m): 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2019
deepwater:
Things like this can only happen when a government refuse to send a direct and clear message to its oppressors

in a case like this, Nigeria Airforce should fly over SA airspace without any clearance.

simple
Lol, the first question u should ask is, do we even have a serviceable aircraft talkless of having an air force. Nigerian Air force is not comparable to what South Africa has. Aunty, flying over south African airspace without permission will not solve the issue

1 Like

Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by NaijaDonCast(m): 1:12pm On Sep 04, 2019
Thats gud naija no deh kari last bad as e bad na bracket first
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by omenka(m): 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2019
Realdeals:
Some looted shops are owned by Nigerians.
ALL not SOME.
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by omenka(m): 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2019
southniyikaye:
every individual who looted that shop has always had the intention to steal. It's in their blood if not you won't steal another person's sweat and property.
We all condemn what happened in South Africa even for the fact that it affected my personal person over there but this is no justification
God bless you.
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by jaymeks: 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2019
The only reason I see why nigerians re attacking , its not just because these companies rr originated from south Africa.. But trying to tell the government to take action.. Majority of their families and friends re been massacred
over there and they re venting their angers on the thing they see close to South Africa.
But nevertheless, damaging properties ain't the way to solve problems..
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by topiscoroyale: 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2019
be free from mental slavery ....nd poverty.
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 04, 2019
Those frustrated boys would see this as an advantage.. As i was stepping out of evening service u need to see the way some stupid baggars with their full head colors where shooting and looting in Ado road yesterday night around 8-9pm. Looting shops and passers by, stopping vehicles and vandalizing everything...I had to respect myself and relax inside church before them go use the opportunity disrespect me. Even just got a call now that sangotedo is still being ravaged, free looting of any mall / shops till now as i'm posting this.
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by Fogman(m): 1:20pm On Sep 04, 2019
VaselineCrew:

Nobody has monopoly of violence, but then, Nigerians are being violent against themselves. Does that even make sense brah?

They are misnformed just like South Africans
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by cnonyechi(f): 1:59pm On Sep 04, 2019
computergeek:
South Africa has failed as a nation, and the Nigerian government, as usual, has failed its people.

But these ones looting ShopRite don't have sense. Why must you go and loot from your fellow citizens? Those stores, except DSTV probably, are mostly owned by Nigerians.
If you must loot, enter the main shopping area itself and leave the surrounding stores.

This is no longer a case of retaliation on SA for those demonic attacks, but just a chance for crazy people to rob their own brothers and sisters.

Had Abacha still been in power, SA for don hear am. He was a bad man but he had his use in some issues.

Even the DStv shop is just an outlet owned by a Nigerian. They should go the south African embassy and loot.
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by joey150(m): 2:06pm On Sep 04, 2019
deepwater:

simple

Some of you just buy data, log into nairaland and start typing the first ridiculous thing that comes into your mind.

Same Nigerian airforce that can't fly over Sambisa till date?

How about we send you there with guns as a show of bigger might?

My God... grin

1 Like

Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by mechanics(m): 2:08pm On Sep 04, 2019
They didn't try all, they should know two wrongs won't make a right.
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by enemyofprogress: 2:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
Violence is never a solution but rather chaos
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by Soulseeker01(m): 2:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
That picture there is multichoice surulere stadium office
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by Carlyboi(m): 3:27pm On Sep 04, 2019
Acidosis:

It's an evidence of bad education, a good reason to kick against the government.
absolute bro it’s the ignorance!
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by Emyben(m): 3:29pm On Sep 04, 2019
ivolt:

Maybe your life depends on tribalism and Agbero is your family work.
I don't care, if you are a criminal living in a city, I believe you should be deported back to your village.

You are too dumb to be reasoned with.
You are probably one of those who celebrate criminals as long as it doesn't affect you.
Mind you, Agbero is not a crime but burgling and stealing from shops which you cannot
afford to shop in is a big economic crime.

How much dumber can you get?
Having attacked Agbero for being Agberos on tribal ground even though my post is about looters
destroying businesses, you want to appear neutral.
You are nothing but a fool.

When some idiots were calling for reprisals I know that criminals like you and your gang are only
looking for an excuse to loot, steal and destroy.
But the government have learned from this episode.

Whenever a similar event occurs in the future, don't ever think you will be allowed to loot freely
by hiding under justice. They will be ready for you by then.

Bunch of cowards attacking their compatriots for crimes committed in a foreign land.

Enjoy your looting spree while it lasts.

I won't dignify you with a response.
You are a pained Mofo and a Fool.

Stop tribalism. It doesn't pay.
Next time when you make a comment, do it responsibly, don't insult a region (we know what you mean by 'enclave').

Untill then, you remain a silly old fool.
Re: #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses by olumalcolm(m): 3:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
For the shop owners who have cctv installed in their shops, they can go afta one or 2 people who robbed their shops. They can do it codedly without noise.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches / Dangote In Casuals, Joins Femi Otedola In Monaco / Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.