Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

"My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) (23065 Views)

Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria / Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 04, 2019
I want to travel too, lets explore together
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by nototribalist: 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2019
fukushaki:
That girl lying down on second to the last picture go sweet sha
you see am, na this kind thing South Africans dey complain about Nigerians and their women

2 Likes

Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by fukushaki(m): 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2019
grin
nototribalist:
you see am, na this kind thing South Africans dey complain about Nigerians and their women
grin
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by fukushaki(m): 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2019
wink
StephenBB:

Badt guy....u get eyes jare

grin
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by Legitn(m): 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2019
Haha uncle only you see as you black finish hahaha%%%
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by IamCharles123: 1:39pm On Sep 04, 2019
Reeses:

Stupid tool..South Africa will be a joke to what Greece will do to your dumb ass
U are getting that guy wrong.
Marijuana is actually legal in some countries like holland.
And most people will want to travel there cause of that.
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by mamajj17(f): 1:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
grin grin grin this where Ex- Imo Governor got his Tipps. Thanks for sharing my dear wink
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by airsaylongcon: 2:05pm On Sep 04, 2019
Naija man! It's summer time (or at least end of summer) with blazing hot temperatures. U still nack trouser go beach undecided
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by Maski87: 2:15pm On Sep 04, 2019
There is nothing wrong in washing toilet, someone got to do it,toilets in civilized communities are not as filthy as the ones in Nigeria in America you can make 20 dollars an hour washing toilet
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by Flexherbal(m): 2:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
CollinsWeGlobe:
... help move to front page kiss

It is here already.

Nice one!
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 04, 2019
Gusssh so beautiful. Im loving that weather will be good on my skin. Damm....i want to travel
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by naijajobx: 4:08pm On Sep 04, 2019
Oh
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by francisisking: 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2019
Lovelife433:
ok.
don't tell me God should come down to feed them... what role have u played in ur life to eradicate world hunger. think before u post so u don't look stupid.
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by mysticgal(f): 5:20pm On Sep 04, 2019
grandstar:
Greece, the sick man of Europe!

Africans who curse the IMF and it's sister organisation about the hard to swallow medicine recommended by the duo on Third World countries would reserve their anger to the EU when considering the tough reforms it had to endure to bring it back to some level of solvency.

Greece went spectacularly bankrupt in 2010 or so after spending recklessly for years and living above it's means. It never balanced it's budget despite receiving massive amounts of aid from the EU.

Everything unfolded in 2008-10 Debt by then if I'm correc, public debt reached 146% of GDP and the budget deficit to at least 10% of GDP. The country was practically insolvent.

Germany, the scrooge of Europe and other fellow member states pledged to save Greece as a default could have a devastating effect on the Euro.

In exchange for a bailout, they forced it to trim down it's bloated civil service, slash wages, slash pension payouts and many more hard to swallow medicine. Countries like Slovakia fumed at bailing out Greece. Slovakia, a former communist country was angered that if it could manage it's own lean resources responsibly, why couldn't Greece do likewise.

Germany was irked that german retirement age was 67years while Greece was 60year. Greece grudgingly increased theirs to 64yrs. Germany would have none of that. Greece had no choice but to increase theirs to 67 as well.

The Greeks had bitter words for Germany in particular. Same words Africans have for the IMF

The Greek experience should be a lesson to all. Economic reforms are bound to.be painful if your econ9my is insolvent. The more tattered the finances, the more painful the reform. It's not the IMF doing you, they are just cleaning up after you

Wow
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by Lovelife433(m): 5:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
francisisking:
don't tell me God should come down to feed them... what role have u played in ur life to eradicate world hunger. think before u post so u don't look stupid.
are u ok atol? Eleribu.
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by francisisking: 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
Lovelife433:
are u ok atol? Eleribu.
e pain am.... Bunch of hypocrites
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by Pawon23: 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2019
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2019
Interestingly Ive just returned from Greece 2 weeks ago,best holiday ever,great food and good weather.
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 04, 2019
grandstar:

Africans who curse the IMF and it's sister organisation about the hard to swallow medicine recommended by the duo on Third World countries would reserve their anger to the EU when considering the tough reforms it had to endure to bring it back to some level of solvency.

Greece went spectacularly bankrupt in 2010 or so after spending recklessly for years and living above it's means. It never balanced it's budget despite receiving massive amounts of aid from the EU.

Everything unfolded in 2008-10 Debt by then if I'm correc, public debt reached 146% of GDP and the budget deficit to at least 10% of GDP. The country was practically insolvent.

Germany, the scrooge of Europe and other fellow member states pledged to save Greece as a default could have a devastating effect on the Euro.

In exchange for a bailout, they forced it to trim down it's bloated civil service, slash wages, slash pension payouts and many more hard to swallow medicine. Countries like Slovakia fumed at bailing out Greece. Slovakia, a former communist country was angered that if it could manage it's own lean resources responsibly, why couldn't Greece do likewise.

Germany was irked that german retirement age was 67years while Greece was 60year. Greece grudgingly increased theirs to 64yrs. Germany would have none of that. Greece had no choice but to increase theirs to 67 as well.

The Greeks had bitter words for Germany in particular. Same words Africans have for the IMF

The Greek experience should be a lesson to all. Economic reforms are bound to.be painful if your econ9my is insolvent. The more tattered the finances, the more painful the reform. It's not the IMF doing you, they are just cleaning up after you

Turkey is the sick man of Europe in European history.
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by grandstar(m): 8:36pm On Sep 04, 2019
euromilion:

Turkey is the sick man of Europe in European history.

that's so 19th century or 20th century. Turkey is much richer today and better manages but Erdogan's dictatorial tendency. I did think of Turkey when I made that ccmment
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by themaestro08(m): 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

When I see young people take the road outside this country not to sell drugs, engage fraudsters, or wash toilets, I feel so happy. Young minds should explore dreams and opportunities outside this hell. You got age, stamina, strength, agility, temperament, focus, vision, all in your possession. I haven't seen any reason why you should be here in Nigeria.

Pursue scholarships, write Grants, apply for sponsored seminars and conferences, socialize, volunteer, and bang every good door outside your country till one opens. Opportunity of a lifetime must be seized in the lifetime of the opportunity.

If Nigeria eventually begins the process of restructuring, developing policies, and harnessing transparency and transformation, it will take an average of 15 years to gain stability and see results. At that time, your youthfulness would have gone. I feel for you.

Life is not in the amount of breath we breathe, but in the moments that take your breath away. When you go above 50, your achievements in any field of endeavor becomes your moments to relish. They form your core strategic source of happiness. Find life and in so doing, discover happiness.

Richdad
wise words. Thanks
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by ashanax: 7:40am On Sep 05, 2019
Have u visited the origin of all dis statue of liberty in Nigeria?
Are u even aware of that before going far and wide?
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2019
grandstar:

This is the type of write ups I like reading.

Great incite and full of information.

Lastly, so the Greek man loves LIFE....

2 Likes

Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by Designer123: 6:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
CollinsWeGlobe:
Like the Statue of Liberty in New York, the United States of America I paid a visit to see the statue of liberty located in the port of volos from Xenia in Magnesia in Greece.

However, my name is still Collins, I represent MandyNews.com for culture, religion, travel/tour worldwide.

Volos is the fifth largest city of Greece and located on the South Eastern coast of the Middle Greek periphery of Thessaly.

Volos is a rich city when it comes to history and archaeological treasures. Although the modern-day city of Volos is not very old its foundations were laid in the mid nineteenth century on the site of the ancient and legendary cities of Demetrias, Pagasae, the homeland of Jason of Argonauts, and Iolkos.

Volos has markings on its walls that range from the Neolithic period right up to the modern era, including the contributions from the Ancient Greek period, the Byzantines and the Ottomans.

One of the reasons why Volos attracts a number of visitors while not being a beach resort is the fact that it is located near the legendary Mt. Pelion, which is said to be the home to Chiron the Centaur in Greek Mythology, and Volos serves as a good base for those who want to embark on an expedition to the enchanting place.

From the archaeological viewpoint, the most important attractions of Volos are the nearby settlements of Dimini and Sesklo. Dimini dates back to the Neolithic Period, and consists of an acropolis in ruins, walls and tombs, while Sesklo is the ruins of an Acropolis that dates back to as old as 6,000BC.

Among the historical attractions of the city, the Church of St. Constantine and the Archaeological Museum of Volos are important. The museum provides a deep insight into the historical evolution of the region and about the transformation of the older cities into Volos. It features various artifacts from the nearby Neolithic settlements of Dimini.

Other attractions include the old city castle, Anavros open-air sculpture gallery, Zogia Museum Gallery, the Folklore Art Museum of Volos Greek Women and Modem History Museum of Volos City.

My next post is Egypt

Check my photos below.

I'm not BLACK, you are not WHITE, we are one FAMILY

Let LOVE lead

Source: https://mandynews.com/my-visit-to-volos-statue-of-liberty-in-greece-photos/
Hello boss,
I am planning to relocate to Italy and also do a masters related to geography such as urban planning, survey, etc. in Italy. Do these disciplines have good job prospect in Italy or any other EU country?

Can you also recommend any other good masters program in the environmental or social sciences

Thanks
Re: "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) by suelamar: 12:18am On Sep 27, 2019
Thanks for sharing! I want to know your thoughts on traveling to Greece around 4 nights starting on September 30th until October 3rd. Is the place still crowded during this period? Whats the weather like? Should we just grab a taxi or rent a car https://hellenictaxi.com ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam / 2 Injured As Bus Somersaults On Eko Bridge / Driver Arrested For Killing Pedestrian In Kosofe, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.