Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam (23037 Views)

My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam / The Kainji Dam In Pictures / The Ikyogen Hills And Cattle Ranch In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by Prechgold1180(m): 6:11pm On Oct 29, 2021
Good pm fam I just pray you guys find this interesting

Me and some of my guys decided to take a trip to the famous ososo hills rock and mountain.

Located at akoko edo ,edo state

Ok. Let’s do a little history on ososo
Ososo is a clan in Akoko Edo Local Government Area of Edo State with a population of about 200,108 people. The area is between 1,200 to 1450 feet above the seal level. The highest peak lies at 2,484 feet is a border town between Kogi and Edo State.

The historical background is that the Ososo man migrated from Ogbe Quarter in Benin City during the reign of Oba Ozolua in about 1481 A.D. It is also said that the ancestors went through many hardships and suffered so much losses on their way to the Northern part of Nigeria getting to “IDA” a town in the present Kogi State settled down temporarily at a place called ''Unuame'' (water side) where the lake came to "Enidegbe''.

The Ososo man could not find peace due to tribal wars and drowning of his children he left "Unuame" (water side) after the war of the year 1515 Acheesy and found their way to "Orugbe" in ''Adikhorikho” where they found comfort because of the stream it was also a good land for farming and hunting. This is where he gave birth “Ozshioso" (Ososo) because he could not have his good view of his enemies, he moved to ''Egbegu'' where he sighted "Orhke" where we have the present "Tourist Centre'' in Anni quarter a place he can vividly view the entire valley and its horizons down to ''Okhekhe" a pond area grown with elephant grasses in "Odokpa" quarter. He went next down to ''Egbetua"" but returned back to “Okhekhe” because of the fresh water and other good essential needs for life and has "Osuno''as a spy hill after settlement, he later discover lkpena quarter.

Ososo is made up of four quarters Anni, Egbetua, Okho and Ikpene these quarters has been sub-divided into eighteen since the villages have grown very large and have virtually become one nuclear settlement called Ososo chiefdom.

According to another information Ososo people in Akoko-Edo Local Government Area of Edo State have a long history of migration. The town has four communities and they migrated from one source, ancient Benin kingdom, settling and resettling in almost the same land mass. These four communities according to Chief Otaru in an interview are Ani, Egbetua, Okhe and Ikpena. The Ikpena and Ani communities came through the place called “Uniamhe”, that is the River Niger bank of present day Ajaokuta/Okene axis. Others like Egbetua and Okhe communities of Ososo came through Okpella, and Makeke routes. In her contact with these towns, Ososo must have been influenced by their cultures and lifestyle as reflected in the similarity of dance and marriage performances.

To maintain constant contact between the four migrating communities, during this exodus, they devised various means of communication. They communicated with one another through the use of signs, symbols, insignia and other means: smoke, bush or grass tying, tree felling, stones and woods arrangements, ululation and these have now been incorporated into their dance culture. To preserve and articulate the migratory centripetal signs and symbols, and historical antecedent, dance was evolved been a powerful medium of expression.

To the Ososo people, life is a complete entity. It is good and peaceful. An understanding amongst the people is maintained through effective communication. This is their worldview and it is what informs the need for constant communication. The living, the dead and the unborn are constantly united by this belief system. As Oba Obaitan Adeloro (the king of Ososo) puts it, the dead, the living and the unborn are constantly united in dance, that is, the past, present and future are brought together in the “Ishimi-Ujo” (the people and masquerade (dance). The ancestor (the past) in masquerade form, blesses the living (the dancers), with tunborn (the future).This is also done mostly according to Chief Ajayi Ubuoro, in an interview, during the Unehe festival when the masquerades move from homestead to homestead blessing, admonishing, warning the wrong and warding off evil spirits from the society. This belief in the unity of the living and the dead is introduced into marriage dance whether for entertainment or punitive purposes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by dawnomike(m): 6:14pm On Oct 29, 2021
You really want us to imagine what it looks like...

6 Likes

Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by Prechgold1180(m): 6:15pm On Oct 29, 2021
dawnomike:
You really want us to imagine what it looks like...
Now let’s pray for the next general election

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by Prechgold1180(m): 6:16pm On Oct 29, 2021
Now we are in ososo

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by Prechgold1180(m): 6:18pm On Oct 29, 2021
Now let’s go inside

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by Prechgold1180(m): 6:20pm On Oct 29, 2021
Let me do a little prayer for our dear country
And also let me pray and ask God to deliver Lalasticalala from the spirit of eating snakes

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by Prechgold1180(m): 6:21pm On Oct 29, 2021
Omo posted this 2021
And it made fp 2023
Well I still have pics
Smiles

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by Jamesbiodun(m): 6:23pm On Oct 29, 2021
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by saymax(f): 6:49pm On Oct 29, 2021
Wow Op you have made me more proud of my beautiful hometown. Thank you. Proudly Omini Ososo

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by Prechgold1180(m): 6:51pm On Oct 29, 2021
saymax:
Wow Op you have made me more proud of my beautiful hometown. Thank you. Proudly Omini Ososo

❤️

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by reminisce25(m): 11:19am On Jan 24, 2023
Wahoo awesome
Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by frndfghtr(m): 11:20am On Jan 24, 2023
W
Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by baralatie(m): 11:20am On Jan 24, 2023
Ok
Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by Tee34: 11:21am On Jan 24, 2023
T
Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by KingMack(m): 11:22am On Jan 24, 2023
Nice one op...I pray to our ancestors and God's of our land that our history would not be washed away from us and our children/children to come..iseeeeh❤️❤️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by propsvilla2: 11:23am On Jan 24, 2023
I don't think there is any Nation in the world that as blessed as Nigeria. The only problem we have is that we have bad crop of Leaders at the helm of affairs of the Country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km8UnIapFzg

Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by Cab34: 11:24am On Jan 24, 2023
D
Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by lawrenzo007(m): 11:26am On Jan 24, 2023
Wow... That's my hometown. The Tourist Centre is just behind my Grandfather's house.

8 Likes

Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by sagitariusbaby(m): 11:26am On Jan 24, 2023
L
Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by Oizee(f): 11:27am On Jan 24, 2023
Prechgold1180:
I need comments

Any need to upload photos from ojirami dam
please do, and thanks for this history.
Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by Bao34: 11:28am On Jan 24, 2023
d
Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by alfsalami: 11:28am On Jan 24, 2023
Proudly an indigene, gbeno oo

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by pretydiva(f): 11:29am On Jan 24, 2023
Following
Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by Togoxpress(m): 11:30am On Jan 24, 2023
We have lost our heritage to the Japa wagons in Nigeria 😞😞😞

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by FashionCookie(f): 11:31am On Jan 24, 2023
Nice o...
Love touring places like this.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by luizpippo(m): 11:31am On Jan 24, 2023
Dad- Ojirami
Mum -Ososo

Looks like a thread of my villages.

7 Likes

Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by ipobarecriminals: 11:33am On Jan 24, 2023
cool
Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by MrDetermined: 11:34am On Jan 24, 2023
These pictures are too few bro

Nice one though.
Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by moabdul: 11:35am On Jan 24, 2023
Ososo and Ogori magongo in logo state also share same culture like ovia

Prechgold1180:
Good pm fam I just pray you guys find this interesting

Me and some of my guys decided to take a trip to the famous ososo hills rock and mountain.

Located at akoko edo ,edo state

Ok. Let’s do a little history on ososo
Ososo is a clan in Akoko Edo Local Government Area of Edo State with a population of about 200,108 people. The area is between 1,200 to 1450 feet above the seal level. The highest peak lies at 2,484 feet is a border town between Kogi and Edo State.

The historical background is that the Ososo man migrated from Ogbe Quarter in Benin City during the reign of Oba Ozolua in about 1481 A.D. It is also said that the ancestors went through many hardships and suffered so much losses on their way to the Northern part of Nigeria getting to “IDA” a town in the present Kogi State settled down temporarily at a place called ''Unuame'' (water side) where the lake came to "Enidegbe''.

The Ososo man could not find peace due to tribal wars and drowning of his children he left "Unuame" (water side) after the war of the year 1515 Acheesy and found their way to "Orugbe" in ''Adikhorikho” where they found comfort because of the stream it was also a good land for farming and hunting. This is where he gave birth “Ozshioso" (Ososo) because he could not have his good view of his enemies, he moved to ''Egbegu'' where he sighted "Orhke" where we have the present "Tourist Centre'' in Anni quarter a place he can vividly view the entire valley and its horizons down to ''Okhekhe" a pond area grown with elephant grasses in "Odokpa" quarter. He went next down to ''Egbetua"" but returned back to “Okhekhe” because of the fresh water and other good essential needs for life and has "Osuno''as a spy hill after settlement, he later discover lkpena quarter.

Ososo is made up of four quarters Anni, Egbetua, Okho and Ikpene these quarters has been sub-divided into eighteen since the villages have grown very large and have virtually become one nuclear settlement called Ososo chiefdom.

According to another information Ososo people in Akoko-Edo Local Government Area of Edo State have a long history of migration. The town has four communities and they migrated from one source, ancient Benin kingdom, settling and resettling in almost the same land mass. These four communities according to Chief Otaru in an interview are Ani, Egbetua, Okhe and Ikpena. The Ikpena and Ani communities came through the place called “Uniamhe”, that is the River Niger bank of present day Ajaokuta/Okene axis. Others like Egbetua and Okhe communities of Ososo came through Okpella, and Makeke routes. In her contact with these towns, Ososo must have been influenced by their cultures and lifestyle as reflected in the similarity of dance and marriage performances.

To maintain constant contact between the four migrating communities, during this exodus, they devised various means of communication. They communicated with one another through the use of signs, symbols, insignia and other means: smoke, bush or grass tying, tree felling, stones and woods arrangements, ululation and these have now been incorporated into their dance culture. To preserve and articulate the migratory centripetal signs and symbols, and historical antecedent, dance was evolved been a powerful medium of expression.

To the Ososo people, life is a complete entity. It is good and peaceful. An understanding amongst the people is maintained through effective communication. This is their worldview and it is what informs the need for constant communication. The living, the dead and the unborn are constantly united by this belief system. As Oba Obaitan Adeloro (the king of Ososo) puts it, the dead, the living and the unborn are constantly united in dance, that is, the past, present and future are brought together in the “Ishimi-Ujo” (the people and masquerade (dance). The ancestor (the past) in masquerade form, blesses the living (the dancers), with tunborn (the future).This is also done mostly according to Chief Ajayi Ubuoro, in an interview, during the Unehe festival when the masquerades move from homestead to homestead blessing, admonishing, warning the wrong and warding off evil spirits from the society. This belief in the unity of the living and the dead is introduced into marriage dance whether for entertainment or punitive purposes.

Re: My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam by Prosper91(m): 11:35am On Jan 24, 2023
Nice,I was there last year for an introduction.
God bless Ososo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Approves Construction Of Ebonyi International Airport / Driver Arrested For Killing Pedestrian In Kosofe, Lagos / "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.