Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Our Constitution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Constitution (906 Views)

Ese: Our Constitution And Security Forces Are Toothless! / 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC / Constitution Review: I'll Abide By What Nigerians Want - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Constitution by abiodunade(m): 8:12pm On May 16, 2007
Fellow nairalanders, i was jst studying d 1999 constitution of d federal republic of nigeria, i discoverd alot of things which the incoming administration really needs to work on 4 d betament of our people. 4 example, sound and qualitative education is d responsibility of d government, which previous administrations ve failed n achieving dis. what do u people notices n our constitution dat neeeds urgent attention?
Re: Our Constitution by degoat: 8:52pm On May 16, 2007
Everything on the constitution needs urgent attention.

Even the presidents (Past or present) do not have respect for our constitution.
It is better to say we do not have constitution.
Re: Our Constitution by Aneef(m): 1:24pm On May 17, 2007
I think it is when we stop passing bulk in this country that things will start to get shape.It is complain galore for all and nobody is ready to accept being part of the rot that is happening.Does the respect for the constitution exclude anyone.
Re: Our Constitution by McKren(m): 2:05pm On May 17, 2007
abiodunade:

Fellow Nairaland users, i was jst studying d 1999 constitution of d federal republic of nigeria, i discoverd alot of things which the incoming administration really needs to work on 4 d betament of our people. 4 example, sound and qualitative education is d responsibility of d government, which previous administrations ve failed n achieving this. what do u people notices n our constitution that neeeds urgent attention?

Your example is not a flaw in constitution but a flaw in service delivery. Wanna talk about flaws in constitution come up with something better.
Re: Our Constitution by abiodunade(m): 8:56pm On May 17, 2007
McKren:

Your example is not a flaw in constitution but a flaw in service delivery. Wanna talk about flaws in constitution come up with something better.
U can nt talk of flaw n service delivery witout referin to d constitution, d constitution is like d holy books dat most be follow. D service delivery u re talkin abt was clearly stated n d constitution as d responsibility of d government, i jst mentioned dis as an example. We all knows dat our constituion needs some amendments, which d out-going government also know dat is y, d presidency tried to use d national assembly to amend d constituion last year. We need to talk abt our problems so dat we can move 4ward as a nation and we can only start 4rm d genesis which our constituion.
Re: Our Constitution by olutomiwa(m): 9:27pm On May 17, 2007
i somehow agree with you,but as far as this country is concerned,dont blame the game,blame the players,no matter how good our constitution may be,the people whose duty it is to uphold and implement it will always twist it to their own advantage,abeg my broda,leave the constitution matter make we talk about food,education,electricity,health,employment and other important issues wey concern poor man.

(1) (Reply)

Will New Leader Change Nigeria? / Lagos Is God's Own City Where Satan Prowls / What Are The Basic Infrastructural Needs Lacking In Your Village, Town Or State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.